fps drop after open inventory

+
why the game loads lightning, shadows, etc all over againg after you opened inventory? and fps also drops almost 3-times, is there any way to fix that?

i got ryzen 3700x, 16gb ram at 3800mhz, 3070ti and game installed on NVME, so its defenitly not my hardware to blame off

why the game loads lightning, shadows, etc all over againg after you opened inventory? and fps also drops almost 3-times, is there any way to fix that?

i got ryzen 3700x, 16gb ram at 3800mhz, 3070ti and game installed on NVME, so its defenitly not my hardware to blame off
Has been happening ever since 1.3. CDPR is on it. Be patient. Meanwhile, consider to send this video to Support for examination.

No, there is no fix and the Devs don't seem to care.
"Thanks for all the feedback regarding Cyberpunk 2077. We really appreciate all the messages arriving from all over the world – please keep them coming.

Following the Patch 1.52 we wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are aware of the following problems reported by some players:

• Characters appear dark on PCs using AMD Radeon RX GPUs.
  • FPS drops when opening map/inventory on PC."

Yeah, take it easy, hey?

look on gpu power when lags are starting and after restarting the game, so wierd
20220324065308_1.jpg
20220324065454_1.jpg

Has been happening ever since 1.3. CDPR is on it. Be patient. Meanwhile, consider to send this video to Support for examination.

"Thanks for all the feedback regarding Cyberpunk 2077. We really appreciate all the messages arriving from all over the world – please keep them coming.

Following the Patch 1.52 we wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are aware of the following problems reported by some players:
  • Characters appear dark on PCs using AMD Radeon RX GPUs.
  • FPS drops when opening map/inventory on PC."

Yeah, take it easy, hey?

LOL, they still don't acknowledge the infamous memory leak after years! It is even worse with ray tracing now and you are saying take it easy? I also don't see anything regarding the sudden FPS drops and high-end GPU's not being able to run the game with RT ( even on Medium settings) on that list. Ever since 1.5, the game's performance is a joke unless you have a 3080 Ti / 3090 / 3090 Ti. This guy owns a 3070 Ti which is a high-end graphics card that should be able to run all the games with RT on and high settings on 1440p and look at the performance he is getting. The FPS is literally stuck at very low FPS on a rig like that! This game is even more faulty than ever before. Performance was better before 1,5. Oh, let me also tell you that they don't even answer your tickets when you write them about these issues. In fact, i had to send them another ticket just because they didn't answer the last one. As for memory leak they had 2 years to fix it and they still didn't do anything about it. [...]
Also OP, you got nothing to worry about your rig, the game's performance is a literal mess now. I have a 3070 Ti / 5600x (you can check out my thread regarding a issue similiar to this one) and can't run the game with RT on ever since that damned update. Everything starts smooth at first then i get ridicilous FPS drops. Yesterday, my FPS got stuck at 13 FPS and I was running the game with everything High (not even Ultra) and on ray tracing Medium with only Reflections with DLSS Balanced. If you are eager to continue playing I can just suggest you to turn off DSR on your Nvidia Control Panel / Manage 3D Settings and download that Crowd Density Optimization mod. These are not permanent fixes but I hope they can help you with your framerates. I can also suggest you to turn off Ray Tracing. Somehow I don't have any issues (till memory leak, of course) without RT on but it makes the game look ugly and I hate not being able to run the game with RT on at stable FPS on a powerful rig like mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, they still don't acknowledge the infamous memory leak after years! It is even worse with ray tracing now and you are saying take it easy? I also don't see anything regarding the sudden FPS drops and high-end GPU's not being able to run the game with RT ( even on Medium settings) on that list. Ever since 1.5, the game's performance is a joke unless you have a 3080 Ti / 3090 / 3090 Ti. This guy owns a 3070 Ti which is a high-end graphics card that should be able to run all the games with RT on and high settings on 1440p and look at the performance he is getting. The FPS is literally stuck at very low FPS on a rig like that! This game is even more faulty than ever before. Performance was better before 1,5. Oh, let me also tell you that they don't even answer your tickets when you write them about these issues. In fact, i had to send them another ticket just because they didn't answer the last one. As for memory leak they had 2 years to fix it and they still didn't do anything about it. [...]
Also OP, you got nothing to worry about your rig, the game's performance is a literal mess now. I have a 3070 Ti / 5600x (you can check out my thread regarding a issue similiar to this one) and can't run the game with RT on ever since that damned update. Everything starts smooth at first then i get ridicilous FPS drops. Yesterday, my FPS got stuck at 13 FPS and I was running the game with everything High (not even Ultra) and on ray tracing Medium with only Reflections with DLSS Balanced. If you are eager to continue playing I can just suggest you to turn off DSR on your Nvidia Control Panel / Manage 3D Settings and download that Crowd Density Optimization mod. These are not permanent fixes but I hope they can help you with your framerates. I can also suggest you to turn off Ray Tracing. Somehow I don't have any issues (till memory leak, of course) without RT on but it makes the game look ugly and I hate not being able to run the game with RT on at stable FPS on a powerful rig like mine.
CDPR is fully aware of the stutter issue and working on it for some time now. Pretty sure they even know what's causing it and how to solve it. Only, it demands careful consideration as a fix will undoubtedly affect the entire game. One small mishap, and it can even destroy it.

There's really nothing else to do for us then to be patient and wait for the stutter to be fixed.
I experimented a little with the DLSS settings, and found that "Performance" serves for myself, as the best middle ground.

Might be something to consider.

Last edited:
Hmm. While writing this response, I've come up with three potential reasons.

(i) This looks like something is loaded that can't be kept dormant in VRAM/RAM until it is needed again, but still the game/system, refuse to purge it.
This is possible, because the numbers showed in the upper right corner indicate the hardware utilization is approaching the specified hardware limits (16 GB RAM, 8 GB VRAM for the 3070).

Essentially, it starts choking and doesn't know how to spit it out.

In my case, it is 32 GB RAM, 24 GB VRAM, without such issues on my end. I also didn't have map slowdowns at 32 GB RAM, 11 GB VRAM (1080 Ti).

(ii) It could also be the game engine itself. I have a low-fps area on the map, where the highway enters from Downtown to The Glen. No matter what the settings are on my end, the fps will be nailed to 40-ish and stay so for a while. E.g. before that, it can be in 70s or 170s, depending on the settings.

However, in the menus, the fps usually goes up for me, all the way to 360 iirc, which is the limit I set in the driver.

(iii) It could be something that you have in the inventory that is obnoxiously demanding on resources to render. Was it like this from the start of the game?
Post automatically merged:

There's really nothing else to do for us then to be patient and wait for the stutter to be fixed.
I experimented a little with the DLSS settings, and found that "Performance" serves for myself, as the best middle ground.
Max it out. RTX it. 8k it. Demand 200+ fps.
Not impossible in a couple of years.

Last edited:
(i) This looks like something is loaded that can't be kept dormant in VRAM/RAM until it is needed again, but still the game/system, refuse to purge it.
This is possible, because the numbers showed in the upper right corner indicate the hardware utilization is approaching the specified hardware limits (16 GB RAM, 8 GB VRAM for the 3070).

You might be on to something here.

I myself am suspicious that the game might be suffering from a "de-spawn issue" where various game assets fail to de-spawn, remain in the game exerting their taxes, and as a result, cause the game to stutter, and in worse causes even CTD.

- When grabbing the V-Tech, I always park it back in the garage where it stood, and leave the place in the vehicle I came in. When arriving there in my own vehicle, I step out, open the gate, get in, drive it out and a little away from the garage. The gate closes automatically and the gig completes.

I then use a mod to reopen the gate and park the V-tech back in. Only, until 1.5, all the game assets including the 2 NPCs in the garage were gone. Everything that orchestrated that gig de-spawned. The garage was always totally empty, as if they've moved out. But since 1.5, when I now reopen the garage, everything including the 2 NPCs are still in there. Nothing had de-spawned.

- The gig of the melon loving guy, if you previously used that Sidewinder to drive him to the destination, and you drove further on with that Sidewinder after the gig had completed, the Sidewinder would then at some point stop, and become stuck, as if it ran out of fuel.

If you would then abandon it, it would de-spawn. That would happen until 1.5. Now, that same Sidewinder persists throughout the entire playthrough, while it is part of a gig. Have yet to go back to where it was parked to see if all the other assets of the gig are also still in the game, but my guess is, yes.

- During the last playthrough, which was in 1.52, all hustles were completed, and it quickly befell that all the NPCs that orchestrated them, had all returned into the game all over the map, exerting their taxes simultaneously onto the game.

Would like to see this last anomaly confirmed by a vanilla player, as it might be mod-related, but as it looks and feels solidly consistent, give it a high chance it's the same for everyone.

Remember the previous patch where your summoned vehicles wouldn't de-spawn, whether from distance, game save reload or game restart?

- That time did a little test where I summoned almost all the vehicles in the game in one place next to the oil fields where game stresses are at their lowest. None of them would de-spawn, so went into the city to see how the game would perform.

Even when going to the other side of the map, purely because all those vehicles were summoned and present in the game, it would stutter horrendously across the entire map. FPS, where it normally would be between 30 - 49, would go no higher then 18.

The only way for me to get rid of all those vehicles, was going to the parking lot of V's megatower, and summon al of them there. Only then when the game would progress, reload or restarted, would they one by one disappear. The FPS rating slowly returned to normal as they did every time.

Now in 1.5, our vehicles de-spawn accordingly while apparently, game assets of gigs and side jobs do NOT.
Made me wonder if the de-spawn issue simply jumped over from the vehicles to the game assets.

Did you know that all the game assets of Konpeki Plaza, NPCs, loot, shards, weapons, radios, TVs, cameras, elevators, access points, even the mirror in the snazzy suite V & Jackie resided in, are all alive, working and persisting throughout the entire playthrough?

Don't know if that is so since launch, but it is ever since 1.2 when I went there in Act 2 for the first time.

But yeah, afraid the Reds still have a lot of garbage to clean up to alleviate the tresses exerted onto the game, and with it hopefully, fixing the stutter, without causing too much collateral damage.

Touche, you seem to have given it a lot of thought.

Notably, in my hundreds of hours of gameplay, CP2077 seemed able/striving to contain everything in about 8 GB of VRAM, which is puzzling a bit when we come to the theory that cards with 8 GB VRAM choke due to the lack of VRAM. Does CP2077 need just a bit more, and is that what is choking cards with just a bit less VRAM than expected? It is plausible... maybe, in the game, there is a constant that doesn't account that other apps could be using a few megabytes of VRAM, and if they only adjusted this a bit to be more dynamic, that would unclog the issue. Maybe. That is hard to tell with certainty at my level of engagement with the topic.

I know that many things are there were we left them off. :) I revisit those places often, and I like that all the stuff is still where it was left. But, the fact that they exist in the virtual world doesn't mean that they take any real-time resources such as RAM/VRAM/CPU time before they are approached / about to be visited.

Last edited:
r
CDPR is fully aware of the stutter issue and working on it for some time now. Pretty sure they even know what's causing it and how to solve it. Only, it demands careful consideration as a fix will undoubtedly affect the entire game. One small mishap, and it can even destroy it.

Might be something to consider.

Let's hope that you're right.

Hmm. While writing this response, I've come up with three potential reasons.

In my case, it is 32 GB RAM, 24 GB VRAM, without such issues on my end. I also didn't have map slowdowns at 32 GB RAM, 11 GB VRAM (1080 Ti).

(ii) It could also be the game engine itself. I have a low-fps area on the map, where the highway enters from Downtown to The Glen. No matter what the settings are on my end, the fps will be nailed to 40-ish and stay so for a while. E.g. before that, it can be in 70s or 170s, depending on the settings.

However, in the menus, the fps usually goes up for me, all the way to 360 iirc, which is the limit I set in the driver.

(iii) It could be something that you have in the inventory that is obnoxiously demanding on resources to render. Was it like this from the start of the game?

Max it out. RTX it. 8k it. Demand 200+ fps.
Not impossible in a couple of years.

I remember having FPS drops in that highway area aswell. It is odd that whenever I pass through there FPS drops as if there is something really wrong with that portion of the map. Do you have this drop on your 3090 rig or 1080 Ti rig? If so, at what settings do you run the game at?

Top Bottom