FPS drop over time, only restart fix it. STILL HERE AFTER 2 YEARS?!?!

+
a returned player here, finished the game when it first launched when it was filled with bugs. then I saw the patch 1.5 news and wanna try the game again with my new video card.

and my fps still drops to half it is supposed to after some time playing or running through a busy area, only restart the game fix it.

I remember I had the same problem when it first launches, I had to restart the game every hour or so to get a stable FPS and NOW IT IS STILL HERE????

I googled the problem and found MANY players seem to have the same problem as me but no solution is found, CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

spec: Amd3600 16gb gtx3070ti installed on a SSD.

a returned player here, finished the game when it first launched when it was filled with bugs. then I saw the patch 1.5 news and wanna try the game again with my new video card.

and my fps still drops to half it is supposed to after some time playing or running through a busy area, only restart the game fix it.

I remember I had the same problem when it first launches, I had to restart the game every hour or so to get a stable FPS and NOW IT IS STILL HERE????

I googled the problem and found MANY players seem to have the same problem as me but no solution is found, CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

spec: Amd3600 16gb gtx3070ti installed on a SSD.
I also reconize an FPS drop, particulairly when traversing through the city fast (car or bike)
I also recently discovered that on my PC it truly makes a difference if even I have the gog launcher active or not.
So evidently the game is very taxing on CPU usage.

Perhaps toning down its demand is the only thing you can do.

Fyi, the game is not 2 years old btw

Hello! My rig is 5600x + 3070 + 48GB RAM + NVME SSD. About performance leak, when you can get low fps and won't get it back even if u fast travel into desert outside of NC. There is no matter how heavy scene is, can happen everywhere. If i save, close the game and load back - fps gets back to normal in the exact same scene and place. It seems to be a engine's VRAM usage issue, here is what i've noticed: my gpu is always utilised for 100%, note: it is 100% of graphical processor only, not VRAM. Also i've been monitoring power usage of my videocard, in CP it's normally near 190watt, but when i'm getting performance leak - it becomes only 100watt, and GPU is still 100% utilised. That means VRAM not getting power because game stops using it. My conclusion - game stops using VRAM and starts to use RAM instead. And that explains the only fix - close the game and restart.

Same problem. From time to time I lose about 10 fps that I can get back only by reloading the savegame. This wouldn't happen before patch 1.5.

GLN7

Forum regular
I noticed this in long sessions in my recent playthrough. Play more than a few hours without stopping, all of sudden frames start to go to shit in populated areas, and it will get worse until unplayable. I just would exit the game entirely, and restart from GOG, and that would fix it until the next time I decided to play for a few hours. This was everytime lol. Game hooked me a bit finally.

Yeah the game has a memory leak problem. I can play the game with a super smooth ~120 FPS for about two hours and at some point FPS drops real bad to like 60-70 FPS. Depends what I do in the game though. Fast Traveling seems to accelerate the issue, as does reloading a savegame.

Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX 3070
32 GB RAM @3600 MHz

Also:

I have had positive experience with this mod:

However, I can't say for sure what the correlations are. FPS always drop in certain environments, especially with RT (best example The Afterlife Club), but they recover as soon as the environment is left. Something that doesn't happen without the mod, or happens much later, or slower.

Maybe this is worth a try, at least on PC.

absolutely unbelievable that this problem is still unsolved after 2y:shrug:
Post automatically merged:

Realistically we cannot expect CDPR to fix all the problems and bugs in the first 10 years
fair enough :smart:
Post automatically merged:

However, I can't say for sure what the correlations are. FPS always drop in certain environments, especially with RT (best example The Afterlife Club)
it's the same at Maelstrom's hideout

Same issue here. Just 15min into the game, I can see the FPS going down and down, the the GPU Load declining from 96% to 90%.
FPS goes down by almost 40fps.
Of course, relaunching the game fixes the issue.
I have now installed the mods mentioned above, I will report back

Is unbelievable that this issue is still not fixed or even acknowledged by CDPR.

EDIT: I played for several hours yesterday without restarting the game. FPS was always good, no decline over time.
So seems that the mod above is working.

System specs:
9900ks
32GB 3600mhz RAM
3090 GPU

Last edited:
Top Bottom