fps drops over time.

+
I have a Ryzen 5 3500x and a RTX 2060. When I start the game at med-high customized setting with RTX set to ultra. The fps outside of night city is around 40-45. But as time passes the fps drops gradually. It gets as low as 18-20 fps at the same place where it was 40 fps before. The more I play the lower it gets. At one point it becomes unplayable. When I close the game and start again the fps drop wasn't there anymore, but happens again each time. Don't know what could be the possible reason for this.

You could check out your Task Manager to see what processes are happening on your computer while FPS are dropping. Just to see if it's only a game issue or perhaps a combination of things (I'm just saying this because my antivirus program once had the talent to start working hard while I actually wanted to play a game - that too messed with the performance and it always happened after some time).

Anyhow, if there's no obvious reason, your GPU is up to date & Hotfix 1.04 is installed, then it's probably something that's worth reporting to CDPR support:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1775/performance-issues-3 (click on "contact us" to send a ticket)

only time i had drops was during driving through the city fast. are you using DLSS? Also, 40 FPS is nothing you should aim for, since it is most certainly not a stable 40. My suggestion is disable rtx (since it is overhyped anyway atm), go for 1080 ultra or high settings together with DLSS, which should give you constant 60fps w/o any drops ever.

I get over 110 fps at the first 30-60 mins but after playing for a while it starts to drop below 90s, any longer than that it will start to drop below the 60s, anyone having the same issue? i just wanna know if it's a known game bug or am i having problems with my pc
quitting the game and opening it back fixes it (but occurs again after playing for a while, and so on)

RTX 3080
32 GB RAM (16x2)
i7-10700KF

I have a Ryzen 5 3500x and a RTX 2060. When I start the game at med-high customized setting with RTX set to ultra. The fps outside of night city is around 40-45. But as time passes the fps drops gradually. It gets as low as 18-20 fps at the same place where it was 40 fps before. The more I play the lower it gets. At one point it becomes unplayable. When I close the game and start again the fps drop wasn't there anymore, but happens again each time. Don't know what could be the possible reason for this.
Hey, i have your exact pc configuration, and exact performance plus issues.
It seems a memory leak issue related to ray tracing effects, you have to reload game every 30 minutes or so, it's pretty bad on rtx 2060 because the card only has 6gb of vram, when the slowdown occurs it's because the game swaps to system ram, which in my case is 3200mhz and barely holds 25 fps or so, we need to wait an update, IF CDPR knows about this, but i don't think they're working on it (unless it's a big issue), also its rtx related, so i guess they will not update rtx performance just like what happened with hairworks for witcher 3 :(

I'm playing and had this issue on the PS5. It wasn't bad but noticeable. I restarted the game and that fixed it and haven't had an issues since.

Yeah when you have a stable high frame rate and then it starts to degrade over time (short or long) that is definitely a memory leak. Alternatively but not generally in this games case, but something like an Elder Scrolls game (not the MMO), the problem would be a Data Purging issue. Elder Scrolls games need to unload and flush dynamic cell data from the memory cache after a player leaves far enough away from the area.

Not sure what kind of purging method is being used for this game besides unloading standard citizen NPC's and cars, since that clearly isnt enough. I have found literal open voids in the main world map that just lead outside the walls to the black void. Been recording some of the footage of it. It being there is not the issue, just the fact that it is exposed and the games playable environment is not inside a safe closed Cell is the issue.

Yeah when you have a stable high frame rate and then it starts to degrade over time (short or long) that is definitely a memory leak. Alternatively but not generally in this games case, but something like an Elder Scrolls game (not the MMO), the problem would be a Data Purging issue. Elder Scrolls games need to unload and flush dynamic cell data from the memory cache after a player leaves far enough away from the area.

Not sure what kind of purging method is being used for this game besides unloading standard citizen NPC's and cars, since that clearly isnt enough. I have found literal open voids in the main world map that just lead outside the walls to the black void. Been recording some of the footage of it. It being there is not the issue, just the fact that it is exposed and the games playable environment is not inside a safe closed Cell is the issue.
Yes, exactly like what happens in bethesda titles, but there are so many objects that you can interact with in Fallout 4 , i don't understand the issue here with CP77, they probably need to work on a better algorithm of data purge, or rework how memory is allocated and by what from scratch, seems kinda hard to do on a completed software to be honest :(

Yes, exactly like what happens in bethesda titles, but there are so many objects that you can interact with in Fallout 4 , i don't understand the issue here with CP77, they probably need to work on a better algorithm of data purge, or rework how memory is allocated and by what from scratch, seems kinda hard to do on a completed software to be honest :(

The only hard part is reconfiguring the X,Y,Z coordinates of interactable objects, like pickup items (food, boosters, cars, weaps, armor, clothing, etc) and a separate one for more semi-permanent objects that are non-structure based. That will take time for sure. But without having to do that particular part they would really only need to pull a list of assets in those categories and make sure to apply an algorithm to those that would be more static and add a "rot timer" and/or a cell/zone purge just like the Bethesda Titles. I guess all they would need to really do best is put a 750km-1km ring around V, and anything that is outside that is not loaded and what was loaded, gets purged. Youll still have buildings being able to be seen, the traffic/car lights in the distance. But you wont render actual high poly objects in the far far distance. The "Crowd Control" mod on nexus kinda does that, except a bit to aggressively near the player, its cool for performance, but it makes the game feel more barren. Less vehicles and civilian NPC's spawn near the player especially when driving. You can see them depopulate as you get closer.
Post automatically merged:

BTW Love your Arnold Running Man avatar!

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...nce-issues-poor-optimization.11041595/page-26

You're not the only one that noticed.For me specifically it usually "fixes" itself if a loading screen happens or if I reload a recent save (Comes back after like 10-25 mins).It's like it's flushing whatever is tanking the fps every time there's a load IE:memory leak.

Guido mentioned it could be rtx related but I had the issue on my 1080ti which cant use rtx.(currently on a 3080 now)

I get over 110 fps at the first 30-60 mins but after playing for a while it starts to drop below 90s, any longer than that it will start to drop below the 60s, anyone having the same issue? i just wanna know if it's a known game bug or am i having problems with my pc
quitting the game and opening it back fixes it (but occurs again after playing for a while, and so on)

RTX 3080
32 GB RAM (16x2)
i7-10700KF

I have exactly the same problem! Of course, my PC is less powerful than yours, but I have the same problem!
Did you get any solution? For me until today it has been restarting the game after 1hr of gameplay...

Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 3070
16GB 3000mhz (2x8)

I have exactly the same problem! Of course, my PC is less powerful than yours, but I have the same problem!
Did you get any solution? For me until today it has been restarting the game after 1hr of gameplay...

Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 3070
16GB 3000mhz (2x8)
I havent found a solution yet, i just restart the game every 1 hour to restore the fps back, i hear it's something related to memory leak and only CDPR can fix this issue for now unfortunately :(

I havent found a solution yet, i just restart the game every 1 hour to restore the fps back, i hear it's something related to memory leak and only CDPR can fix this issue for now unfortunately :(

Got it! Thanks for the answer :)
From what I've seen here and in the Steam, it's a problem that basically EVERYONE is facing, so I think they'll fix it in the future...
As you said, the only solution is to sit back and wait for CDPR to solve this problem with future patches =(
Until then we will continue playing and restarting the game every 1hr hahaha '
Sad but true xD

Top Bottom