FPS drops with a fire on screen

+
Hello gamers

I have what I think it is a weird issue. Playing on a Vega64 here on 1080p.
I am in Pacifica somewhere and whenever I have an open fire and I point the camera at it the fps drops from 60 to around 50fps.
Move the camera to look back at the sky or somewhere else, fps goes back to 60, lower it back to the said fire, back to 50fps. I have lowered the volumetric fog resolution, played with shadow settings, contact shadows, ambient occlusion, etc. Lowered texture quality from high to medium, tried almost everything in the settings.
The only thing that increased the fps from 50 to 52 was the volumetric fog resolution tweak, everything else didn't seem to have an impact on this issue, a bit weird. SSR doesn't seem to have any impact in this case, makes sense, not many reflections on this scene.

Any suggestion if any of you ran into this kind of issue?
Thanks

You need to give some information regarding the rest of the system (CPU, RAM...).

When there is open fire, of course there's more information to work with and I'm not surprised the vega64 is having a harder time with that. But well, depends on the rest of your system. Maybe someone else will have an idea then.

This essentially boils down to the rest of your specs as @devivre said and your overall graphic settings.

The Vega64 is about the same as a GTX 1070. Both of these cards will get decent performance on modern games at 1080p but modern games will push them to their limits and something as simple as a fire can definitely affect performance.

Thanks for the replies, I am watching HWInfo 64 and the gpu is maxed out. What is weird for me, and I cannot explain it, is why it is not getting better with lowering the different settings to low. Maybe even the lowest setting in this game is a killer? Can't believe it. I tend to blame it on the engine also but I have no problems with The witcher 3 updated.

Proc: 3700x Ram:16GB

Top Bottom