Frame drops & stuttering when changing signs.

+
Frame drops & stuttering when changing signs.

Rather strange issue...
FPS is dropping from 80+ down to 60-70 when using the scroll wheel to change signs, then instantly shoots back up. This causes stuttering/hitching due to the sudden drops. It also happens when using the keyboard hotkeys (3,4,5,6,7) to change signs or when using tab + mouse wheel to cycle through bombs or items...

Things I have tried.

*Backed up saves and did a complete reinstall + Deleted settings files in documents & used a new save.
*Closed background applications.
*Disabled Logitech mouse software.
*Disabled Sound Blaster Z Pro Studio.
*Disconnected all peripherals and only left mouse + keyboard connected.
*Wiped/Reinstalled Nvidia drivers using DDU.
*Disabled G-Sync in Nvidia control panel.
*Enabling/Disabling V-Sync in-game.
*Lowered refresh rate to 60Hz.
*Lowered in-game settings and rendering resolution.
*Capping fps to 60 - Still stutters and instead drops to low 50's for second.

Complete Specs - Clean install & no mods.

Game & OS installed on 840 Pro SSD

(CPU) - I7 3770K @ 4.2 GHz
(GPU) - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - (376.33 Drivers)
(RAM) - G.Skill Trident X @ 2400MHz - 16GB
(PSU) - Corsair AX860i
(OS) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
(Sound Card) - Sound blaster Zx

(Display) - Dell S2716DG - 2560x1440 144Hz
(Mouse) - Logitech G900
(Keyboard) - Corsair K95 RGB

Last edited:
All of the basics were covered, so let's go deeper. (Grabs his Mad Hat.) If you have a gamepad, can you plug that in and see if the issue occurs with that? You've got a gaming keyboard...perhaps one that came with drivers to allow for special functionality? If the game controller works fine (or if you don't have one), try uninstalling any keyboard drivers. Unplug the keyboard, restart the PC, then plug it back in and let Windows simply re-detect it as PnP.

My spidey senses say it's got something to do with the mouse+keyboard, but it could be some weird frame timing issue as well. Also-but, what antivirus do you use?

Top Bottom