Framerate drop for specific characters (High detail LOD character models)

+
I've noticed a massive framerate drop & stutters when meeting certain characters in cutscenes.

I first noticed this in Act 1 when meeting Judy (cutscene).
Later on when you interact with Judy in game there is no issue. (For me this was Pre-1.05 patch)

Post-1.05 patch
I have now seen this again when meeting 'Placide' from the Voodoo Boys.

I'm guessing its related to LOD models, when close to the characters a very high detail model is loaded & the framerate drops/stutters, but I noticed when Placide walks you to through the building, the framerate returns to normal if you let him walk about 5-10metres ahead, you can see the LOD models switch, and if you get close again the High detail model reloads & the frames drop again.

I also noticed they load the same high detail model for the call screen, so every time Placide talks to you during the first mission the frames drop.
So far I have only noticed this with Judy (only during the first braindance meeting) & Placide.

I'm running a GTX-1660 on an older I7-930 CPU, however my framerates throughout the game are relatively high using the default graphic settings, apart from these specific situations).

After the first VDB missions & you return to placide, the framerate is normal & no LOD switching is present and framerate is normal (same as Judy).

Last edited:
Top Bottom