Francesca Deck Testing - Take it for a ride, share thoughs.

+
Francesca Deck Testing - Take it for a ride, share thoughs.

I like netdecking...no, no, no, not for that reason, but to learn and get a feel of how the most popular decks behave and work. Then i take them apart and try to do something fresh. This is not "the Art of War", but surprising the opponent is key in CCG's, isn't it?

It wouldn't be fair to say, "I have 100% success with this!" and such, but it performs well atm. at Ranks 13-14 were i am. I would prefer having 30 or 50 or even better, at least 100 matches with the deck before saying how it performs. But as i see the meta changes almost at every Rank. After many failures with a variety of decks and many iterations, this is the "final" build, i guess. The most important thing for me is to play a deck that is comfortable to my playstyle and most decks that i tried are not it. Anyway, let me know what you think about it :

imgur direct link

GwentDB link

Golds :
- Saskia
- Zoltan Chivay
- Isengrim
- Geralt : Igni

Silvers :
- Yaevinn
- Merigold's Hailstorm
- Commander's Horn
- Roach
- Aelirenn
- Morenn

Bronzes :
- Thunderbolt Potion
- Bloodcurdling Roar
- Farseer
- Elven Mercenary x2
- Vrihedd Vanguard x2
- Vrihedd Brigade x2
- Elven Wardancer x3
- Vrihedd Officer x3

Key cards:
Zoltan Chivay is used to line up and stack one opposing row to enable Merigold's Hailstorm. Pretty straightforward and can generate tons of value. I wanted to use Zoltan only in this concept, not as a buffer to

BMC's. BMC's are ok but i find that eventually are not as vital for the archetype. I dropped them and used 2 Mercs instead which not only give thinning options, but tech options as well but also some synergy with buff mechanic.

Bloodcurdling Roar did felt weird at start but as i was playing, while being situational, it proved quite efficient against Dol Blathana Trapper's Trap and the Cow. Otherwise it's a solid 11 value plus thinning.

Thinning:
Speaking of thinning, Roach, Isengrim/Morenn, Wardancer and Aelirenn also are there for that purpose. Obviously Isengrim pulling Morenn also gives some type of control. By the way, i realized eventually that this deck is more control that anything else. It just strike me as odd...

I can't say, "This is your finishers!". Vrihedd Vanguard's are a type of finishers for the end of a round. The more Elves you have on the board the more value they'll generate, obviously. What i try to do is, using them as late as possible. Them ans Zoltan and Hailstorm.

Vrihedd Brigade are multipurpose as well. Depending on the opponent, you can place them to clear weather while stacking either row for Hailstorm or Commanders Horn.

Opening Hand/Mulligan :
If i don't have Farseer on opening hand i don't mind using Francesca to pull him out and play him afterwards buffed. Means he'll be harder to remove and if locked it doesn't really matter at all. He is not a key card, he is there to draw attention. I usually play him in melee row were i won't be stacking. I prefer stacking units on ranged row as Aelirenn drops there.

I mulligan Thunderbolt+Bloodcurdling, Aelirenn, Morenn, Roach and the rest is dependent on the opponent i am facing. It's nice to have 1 or even two Wardancers on starting hand.

One of the things i want to do on R1 is to thin my deck as much as possible. So pulling Aelirenn and Roach, even Morenn is good. Playing at least 1 Merc for the buff synergy or just tempo.

After that it's basically about managing the board. It is a [hybrid] control deck, so you need to use the board to your advantage. Depending on how the game evolves some times Hailstorm is my ultimate finisher. Zoltan and the 2 Brigades can setup the board quite nice.

Well, i'm not an expert but this decks works as my brain works. I feel comfortable with it. Perhaps it'll start struggle as i go up the ladder but i'll adjust it as i see fit.

Thanks for any comments and/or suggestions. Cheers!

I think there is to much synergy to not run Blue Mountain Commando.

When your already running Zoltan Chivay, Aelirenn, and Commander's Horn

I run Sheldon Skaggs as another win condition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom