Francesca Findabair / Ragh Nar Roog OP - Nerf.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've played more than enough times to see the overuse of Francesca Findabair and Ragh Nar Roog. Maybe some type of rework to RNR? Just in case you are not sure what I'm referring to, the leader will summon RNR, once used re-summon to damage both rows. Usurper would come in use, sadly I do not have the cards provide some kind of counter. What do you think?

It's not overpowered when you do the math of how much max damage she's able to do with that combo. Plus you can clear weather effects with low provision bronze cards.

As a leader, Francesca adds only few provisions to your deck and Ragh Nar Roog is quite expensive. It's far from being the strongest combo in the game and I haven't met a single opponent using her in the last weeks.

Personally, I find that the best way to weight a leader or a card is to try it out yourself. Have you tried laddering with Francesca? Before the mulligan update, I found her performance quite underwelming.

Iris von Everec is an auto-include in most of my decks. Her abilities are:

Melee: Destroy an artifact.
Ranged: Clear all row effects on the battlefield.

I think she's very useful in certain match-ups. You should try using her. It basically gets rid of the two things I hate lol :D

"played more than enough times " - Power reduction to a tier 3 leader .........

Who is the next one? Arachas Queen?

Try the "abusive" combo yourself and see how powerfull can be.

A perfect Rag is one with 20pts value, Ghoul is usually 11 or 14. Gold vs Bronze.....

If you play it double you need all the other cards in your deck with movement, they are 4, 5 Nivellen and 9 Geralt Aard if you pick 3 oponents. Playing a 4pts card/turn in more than 4 turns is not the most OP thing in the world.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Not sure if you're asking for RNR or Fran to get nerfbatted....

RNR is one of those cards where it's very good in a long round but quite bad in a short round. This applies to gold weathers in general. Neither DD or RNR output many points on the initial play either. So both are highly susceptible to bleeds, thereby forcing R3 to be short. Weather removal hard counters both. So if you're seeing either a lot it's quite clear how you should respond. Tech against it.

In terms of Fran double RNR.... Yes, it can be strong. However, RNR can only hit units on both rows if there are units on both rows. You can partially negate the approach by row stacking. Yes, units can be moved. Fortunately there are only so many movement options available. Truth be told there are better spells to be using the Fran leader ability with in many cases anyway.

I'd also point out the investment needed to get this double RNR ability. You have to carry a 12p card on a leader with low provisions. A 12p card with significant weaknesses, as mentioned above. You also have to burn the leader ability on it. That is quite a bit of power wrapped up in a single concept.

Bear in mind it's often a good idea to bleed Fran anyway. A double spell play is really strong. Likewise, pushing R1 is often a good idea against it because there are a number of things Fran can do where you're completely screwed if you cannot answer them. Without last say you often cannot answer them. The same holds true for various other leaders with strong single-use abilities (Adda, Harald, Emhyr). These are easily worth a card. The stronger versions are easily worth a strong gold card. It can be extremely difficult to overcome them without last say (CDPR's way to ninja force playing R2, possibly).

Bottom line, I think it's fine. It's not even close to the most OP stuff in the game right now (hint hint, Harald).

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Bear in mind it's often a good idea to bleed Fran anyway. A double spell play is really strong. Likewise, pushing R1 is often a good idea against it because there are a number of things Fran can do where you're completely screwed if you cannot answer them.

Going hard for last say with Fran in round 1 so you can counter possible double garrison or if you have yrden for a double horn yeah, but I'm not sure about bleeding. You'd want to bleed I guess if you're confident they're RnR but if you think they're just some other value thing bleeding feels questionable since so many spells give high tempo. I guess bleeding down to 1-2 cards is great if they're horn but if they are garrison and you fail your bleed you can just throw away the game.

Going hard for last say with Fran in round 1 so you can counter possible double garrison or if you have yrden for a double horn yeah, but I'm not sure about bleeding. You'd want to bleed I guess if you're confident they're RnR but if you think they're just some other value thing bleeding feels questionable since so many spells give high tempo. I guess bleeding down to 1-2 cards is great if they're horn but if they are garrison and you fail your bleed you can just throw away the game.

Yeah, whether you bleed or not depends on the match-up and situation. This is true for all of the leaders mentioned.

Well I'm just saying I'm probably not going to try and bleed fran unless I'm playing unseen elder or eist because I don't want to deal with her short round leader ability

So I've played more than enough times to see the overuse of Francesca Findabair and Ragh Nar Roog. Maybe some type of rework to RNR? Just in case you are not sure what I'm referring to, the leader will summon RNR, once used re-summon to damage both rows. Usurper would come in use, sadly I do not have the cards provide some kind of counter. What do you think?

I've noticed Ragh Nar Roog in the last few days. I.e. I hadn't seen it before in play but boy, do I know about it now! I don't know about the leader ability thing that you mentioned though. Think I just saw the card played by itself.

Anyway, it does seem a ridiculous card. When was it brought in? Who thought that it would be a a great idea to have an effect last the duration of an entire game? Count me in as someone who thinks that the card is OP.

This thread is about Fran replaying RNR, which is no longer possible and thus has become outdated. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom