Francesca: Weather Witch Handbuff

+
Here's my deck. It's mean and effective. Probably not top tier but it works fairly well.

Leader: Francesca Findabair

Ragh Nar Roog
Land of a Thousand Fables
Saesenthessis
Epidemic x2
King of Beggars
Impenetrable Fog x1
Torrential Rain x2
Hawker Smuggler x2
Alzur's Thunder x2
Dimeritium Shackles x2
Dancing Star x1
Northern Wind x2
Moon Dust x2
Incinerating Trap x2
Samum x2
Undying Thirst x1

The deck is pretty simple to play.

You basically nuke everything your opponent puts on the board until they pass at which point you either get a draw or you win due to King or Hawkers.

You never, ever summon Saesenthessis until the final round unless you cannot help it. The goal is to hand buff that bad boy and use it as a finisher.

Other than that use Thousand Fables to get out Ragh and Francesca it for another strong finisher move.

Save your Epidemics to either hit Immune, large point of swarms of same point units since you only have 4 units in the deck.

And finally, account for your weather damage when using your removal cards for maximum efficiency.

It's not competely brain dead, you do have to think things through a little but for the most part it's hard to misplay unless you spun away a card you shouldn't have during the redraw phase.

Finally, if you use this deck...please GG your opponent. This thing is annoying to face, be kind. :)

Handbuff my love i miss it so much
:giveup:
Why not use sheldon?
Because I removed the weathers and optimized for a better build lol.

Weather is fun and all but it's just that; for funsies.

I use a Dryad Matron+Dol Blantha Sentry build with mass removal and 2 Hawker Smugglers now, Royal Decree with Francesca lets you pop the combo without units in hand and Thousand Fables pulls Royal Decree.
Add in Necromancy for if things go terribly wrong and bam, it fights everything but tier 1s well but can still beat tier 1 if they don't god hand, if they do god hand, just scoop.

I
Because I removed the weathers and optimized for a better build lol.

Weather is fun and all but it's just that; for funsies.

I use a Dryad Matron+Dol Blantha Sentry build with mass removal and 2 Hawker Smugglers now, Royal Decree with Francesca lets you pop the combo without units in hand and Thousand Fables pulls Royal Decree.
Add in Necromancy for if things go terribly wrong and bam, it fights everything but tier 1s well but can still beat tier 1 if they don't god hand, if they do god hand, just scoop.
I played something very similar but with Ethiene, artifacts and scorch instead of weather. Ethiene, Spears and Ale help with mass destruction setup. People are greedy and rarely play arti removal. It was fairly competitive even against T1 decks except pointslam monsters. The nerf to Saesenthessis made the deck notably weaker as I was using it with Thunderbolt to improve winning chances even if not playing last in R3. Overall this type of deck is fairly strong anti-meta build, although lot of prople hate it.

I

I played something very similar but with Ethiene, artifacts and scorch instead of weather. Ethiene, Spears and Ale help with mass destruction setup. People are greedy and rarely play arti removal. It was fairly competitive even against T1 decks except pointslam monsters. The nerf to Saesenthessis made the deck notably weaker as I was using it with Thunderbolt to improve winning chances even if not playing last in R3. Overall this type of deck is fairly strong anti-meta build, although lot of prople hate it.

I've been eyeing up Ale but I have no room for it unless I ditch Scortch or Episemic...and the destroy unit(s) bit has saved me so many times that I can't imagine not running them.

I still find Saesenthessis good even post nerf. Dryad Matron can buff it through Immunity and it makes for a good finisher round 1 if you went 1st (or opener if you don't have traps).

I've been eyeing up Ale but I have no room for it unless I ditch Scortch or Episemic...and the destroy unit(s) bit has saved me so many times that I can't imagine not running them.

I still find Saesenthessis good even post nerf. Dryad Matron can buff it through Immunity and it makes for a good finisher round 1 if you went 1st (or opener if you don't have traps).
Don’t get me wrong, Saesenthessis is essential to this deck as well as 2x epi + scorch. The mass destruction and the dragon are the cornerstone. The build can than go a few different ways. This is what I more or less successfully played R10-R6 last season (sorry for spelling errors and abbreviations)

Scorch
Book
Epi x2
Ale
Thunderbolt x2
Spear x2
Double-cross
Saesenthessis
Princ Villem
Northern wind x2
Moon dust x2
Incinerating Trap x2
Watchmen x2
Pyrotechnic x2
Hawke support x2

Don’t get me wrong, Saesenthessis is essential to this deck as well as 2x epi + scorch. The mass destruction and the dragon are the cornerstone. The build can than go a few different ways. This is what I more or less successfully played R10-R6 last season (sorry for spelling errors and abbreviations)

Scorch
Book
Epi x2
Ale
Thunderbolt x2
Spear x2
Double-cross
Saesenthessis
Princ Villem
Northern wind x2
Moon dust x2
Incinerating Trap x2
Watchmen x2
Pyrotechnic x2
Hawke support x2

Thanks! Ale has absolutely
become one of my favorite cards.

I really appreciate that you shared with us the 1000th variation of a unitless deck and a useful guide in case I didn't use the right cheap bronze spell or bomb to remove every card my opponent plays. But yours has a tiny bit of handbuff in it, so it must be very special...

Last edited:
I really appreciate that you shared with us the 1000th variation of a unitless deck and a useful guide in case I didn't use the right cheap bronze spell or bomb to remove every card my opponent plays. But yours has a tiny bit of handbuff in it, so it must be very special...

And I appreciate the sense of humor you've decided to share. It's totally not predictable [...] and confrontational so you're definitely not being passive aggressive...

I hope I made my point adequately. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrendous decks that should never, ever see light of day. What fun or point is there in playing this garbage? The only thing missing is something to replicate Usurpers ability.

Horrendous decks that should never, ever see light of day. What fun or point is there in playing this garbage? The only thing missing is something to replicate Usurpers ability.
Different people perceive differently what is fun and what isn’t to play in a competitive card game. It migth be the case I woulnt enjoy playing with or against your deck. A bit of respect for different opinions and preferences would be nice.

Yeh basically a low unit deck. There's no honour (can I say that?) in the game anymore with all this removal/lock/reset.

As I sayd. The blame 100% at the "tubers" doors. Haven't played in ages mind. Been playing FM19 for my daily frustration hit.

Different people perceive differently what is fun and what isn’t to play in a competitive card game. It migth be the case I woulnt enjoy playing with or against your deck. A bit of respect for different opinions and preferences would be nice.

It's against the spirit of the game. You openly wrote "You basically nuke everything your opponent puts on the board", how is that respectful to the way the game is played? This isn't purely a personal point of view, this is shared quite broadly across the forum and I'm not even the only one to criticise here.

It's like saying "whenever I'm playing a football match and an opposing player goes down injured, I encourage my team and team-mates to make the most of the numerical advantage". It's against the spirit of the game entirely, even if it's within the laws.

Perhaps it's more the fault of CDPR than the player (don't hate the player, hate the game), but I don't think you should be somehow proud of this kind of deck!
Post automatically merged:

Yeh basically a low unit deck. There's no honour (can I say that?) in the game anymore with all this removal/lock/reset.

As I sayd. The blame 100% at the "tubers" doors. Haven't played in ages mind. Been playing FM19 for my daily frustration hit.

100% at CDPR's door - Tubers just bend the game that exists, they don't write the cards/mechanics.

I think you can say that. I don’t find this statement offensive and I see where you coming from but don’t share your view.

The objective of a competitive game in my view is to win while playing by the rules. If you don’t like competitive play or the rules don’t play it, choose somethig else, which is what you did.

I don’t play Gwent much anymore myself anf if I do I prefer Arena. Climbing the ladder just became boring because it’s very repetitive in my view no matter what type of deck I play. I’d like to have a lot more cards and more card rotation.
Post automatically merged:

It's against the spirit of the game. You openly wrote "You basically nuke everything your opponent puts on the board", how is that respectful to the way the game is played? This isn't purely a personal point of view, this is shared quite broadly across the forum and I'm not even the only one to criticise here.

It's like saying "whenever I'm playing a football match and an opposing player goes down injured, I encourage my team and team-mates to make the most of the numerical advantage". It's against the spirit of the game entirely, even if it's within the laws.
I am an ex-player of Magic The Gathering. It’s absolutely normal in MTG to build various types of hard-core control decks and battle high tempo and midrange. I don’t know what the ‘spirit’ of the Gwent is. Also high tempo monsters beat my ‘low unit’ control decks 80% of the time for example. I myself took advantege of playing the OP monster pointslam in the past. The soccer analogy I don’t understand at all, I am sorry.

Last edited:
Ha ga guys. I simply meant. I haven't played HC76 in weeks. I'm way down the rank ladder, I've never used netdeck apart from octivist. Which I did for a few days. So, now i'm playing FM19. I love football.

Top Bottom