FREE DLC and EXPANSION PACK ideas for devs to ponder :)

+
Please CRPR turn some of the short stories from the book into paid expansions! These are great ways to have fun while learning more about the characters! People have suggested "Bounds of reason/limit of possibility", that one is awesome since it explores the relationship between Yen and Geralt, and we get to see the Golden Dragon and Yen's breasts :p

@Marcin Momot

I'm sure you guys at CDPR have already done this, but I took some time to compile the DLC/Expansion Ideas that seemed to receive several mentions and/or redpoints and thanks votes. I split it into smaller DLCs and larger expansions. It may be too late, but since you guys are working on it now...

DLCs
- Squirrels
- Ciri Ice Skating
- Selection of Dandelion Songs he sings while Geralt's Companion
- Dice Poker
- Skiing in Skellidge
- Gnomes
- Old friends DLC - (i.e. Shani)
- A Worthy Blade Quest - see post #23
- Eredin/Wild Hunt Armor
- Raven Armor
- Aerondight
- Sword Oil Animation
- Potion Drinking Animation
- Memorial for Geralt's Hansa Quest
- Fishing
- Triss Merigold Alternative Apperance

Expansion Ideas
- Short Stories Expansions - (i.e. The Bounds of Reason)
- Dol Blathana Expansion
- Gors Velen/Brokilon Expansion
- Arena Expansion

Some of these things may already be in the game I am sure. But I thought it would be nice to have a list of what the Community has come up with so far. There are a bunch of others ideas, but these seemed to get several votes or be mentioned several times. I'm sure others could go back and find some more that I missed when I went through.

Well done, @Rawls ! I know that took some time. I also read through the thread again, and found a few entries that have been mentioned repeatedly. I noticed a few other items that have been proposed/desired in other threads, but only mentioned in passing here.

- Visits to locations from the previous games: Vergen, Vizima, Lavalette Castle.
- Playing as some of the other Witchers: Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel.
- A jousting quest, or mounted-combat arena.
- Flying mounts: wyvern, griffin. (I raise an eyebrow at it, personally, but, it's been suggested.)
- Playing as Dandelion again.
- The appearance of the band Percival, in disguise.
- Cloaks.
- Revival of old potion-icon artistic style from the first Witcher.
- A wolf/hound companion for Geralt. (?)

Last edited:
Please consider these Ideas For DLC.
It's hard to think of what could be DLC because the brilliant minds of CDPR have probably thought of them already but here are a few that I've been thinking on

•warg DLC. - warg not like the beast but for the lack of a better term "mind linking" maybe an upgrade to axii that allows you to take control as an enemy and fight as them until it wears off and giving you the ability to self kill them (sounds dark I know, thank gods for the rated M).

•Red rider armour/horse armour DLC. - because...they look AMAZING.

•loyalty DLC. - a hound ..yes a pet hound
One that maybe belonged to another witcher, one that has passed recently and is found defending itself and it's expired master from some nekkers when geralt finds it.

•bandit raid DLC. - this one is an experimental idea even in my mind, but one that has random events due to geralts presence in an area. say you clear out a village in no man's land and time passes and you haven't been there for a while, when you return you see bandits trying to raid it, this won't happen every time you return and it will happen less frequently the more times you visit and will decline over your time there, and it could vary from monsters to humans.

•vampires in novigrad DLC.- houses of vampires in a war with each other over social status erupts into violence in the streets at night, only another event where geralt is near, where he'll hear a woman's scream and investigates to uncover this, I could list quest items if requested that could be rewarded.

•dye/shader DLC.- maybe it's just me who gets curious if what a change in colour would be like. This would affect weapons as well.

•companion variety DLC.- I think I've read that in game we can hire people to fight with us, but make it more with this, a mage, an elf archer, a dwarf heavy weapons master etc.

I have more but this is getting pretty long so please I hope someone see's this, I hope CDPR considers anyone of these even. Sorry of I've posted this too often, I am new to threads and do not quite know where to sort stuff through.

I have more but this is getting pretty long so please I hope someone see's this, I hope CDPR considers anyone of these even. Sorry of I've posted this too often, I am new to threads and do not quite know where to sort stuff through.

A friendly comment: you have indeed posted your list three times, now. It has been seen by others, and, if the RED Team wishes to use any of the material suggested by anyone on this thread, multiple postings by the same member do not increase chances of selection any more than anyone else's. I think you can stop repeating yourself. Thank you for your interest in the DLCs.

In addition, I would like to remind everyone that there is no guarantee that any or our proposals will be considered, or used, no matter the number of times we may repeat ourselves. Lest we become too hopeful, we should bear in mind that this thread was established by a community member, and not the company, and, thus, all suggestions presented here are technically unsolicited. The decision as to their merits, or official realisation, resides exclusively with the Developers.

Last edited:
Sorry, as I said I don't know where these things belong and the last place I posted it someone sent me here, the first time I didn't understand how it came out and if it was in the right place as well. I'm not trying to speak over anyone, I apologize.

Sorry, as I said I don't know where these things belong and the last place I posted it someone sent me here, the first time I didn't understand how it came out and if it was in the right place as well. I'm not trying to speak over anyone, I apologize.

Understandable. No need to apologise. I commented on your post for two reasons: one, to assure you that your comments had been seen, and, two, to remind others of the nature of the thread. Don't feel too bad. It was nothing personal.

i would actually love to see more interaction with the environment in the future. I love to take screenshots, but i don't want to take 1000 pictures with Geralt just standing somewhere. So what i would like to see:

- ability to sit on chairs/benches, and the ability to sit on the ground. Since there are already animations for this, i think it wouldn't be that complicated to make some chairs usable, especially in the inns. And i would simply love to sit down somewhere in the wilderness, at night at a campfire, and take a nice picture of the scenery.

- "meaningless" side activities. There are brothels, and minigames, but i would like to have more. Such as go into an inn and get drunk. Have a bath or get a massage. Listen to a bard. whenever you want, not only during quests. Geralt could use some distraction from time to time i think, and while CDPR worked so hard on those whores, i would like to see non-sexual entertainment aswell.

What game mode do you think we will get as one of the free DLC?

Some developer said some weeks ago in an interview that we would see a new game mode in one of the DLCs.

What kind of game mode do you think it will be?

Suggesting New Expansion to CDPR: Restoring The Witcher Schools !!!!!(supporters plz come in and reply~ :))

I saved Benegar in Witcher 1, Letho in Witcher 2, and persuaded Keira to travel Kaer Morhen, and also the Emperor himself promised Letho to rebuild the Witcher schools. So please make it happen! I want to see all 5 schools of the witchers restored to their former glory, and together training new students. I think a lot of people would like to see the same as me and I would pay for an expansion like this no matter the price. I just hate looking upon something as magnificent as Kaer Morhen, and seeing it crumblme, also my OCD kicks in. LOL.

Thanks to CDPR if you see this and consider.

I simply don't believe people are not interested in this...imagine how awsome it will be! More Witchers from other schools and start to training new students!!just imagine~~

Thank you~finally see a reply~
not only wolf school items, I want to see witchers from different schools, and unite together to rebuilt witcher school, and more stories with other witchers like Lambert,Letho,Esk(forget how to spell) and witchers from other schools~

Top Bottom