FREE DLC and EXPANSION PACK ideas for devs to ponder :)

+
I thought it was 30 hours for one expansion, 20-25 for the other.

No, it's 10+ hrs for the first expansion due in October & 20+ hrs for the expansion due in Q1 of 2016. The DLCs are completely different just small little things such as alternate costumes, new quests etc.

Last edited:
No, it's 10+ hrs for the first expansion due in October I & 20+ hrs for the expansion due in Q1 of 2016. The DLCs are completely different just small little things such as alternate costumes, new quests etc.

A quick search online has shown that there have been many different 'time lengths' quoted for the expansions, including both the ones you said, the one Red and I said, and one where the expansions together are supposed to be the same amount of hours as the game's main quest.

On the topic of a new game + I'm all for it, as long as I get to keep my Gwent collection. Armour, swords, potions all of that can go, but I want my cards.

Expansion pack suggestions:

Would be one concerning the Scoia'tael, I've spent the last two game supporting the elves over everything else that was happening, so yeah I kinda want to know whats happening with them. The only Scoia'tael I have found so far is a tiny camp of them, with no important characters or quests.

The other being set in Broklion or Dol Blathanna, either or would be good.

Weekly DLC I'm hoping for:

Upgradable Wolf school armour set.

Upgradable Viper school armour set.

More sex scenes with prostitutes, better sex scenes with important NPC's.

Underwater revamp, with better controls and underwater combat.

alt costumes for Triss and Ciri.

A new difficulty setting, a "Dark mode" with a tickable perma death option in the beginning.

More monsters, played over 90 hours and have yet to see a bruxa, an Alp, a kikimore, a Vodyanoi or any of a number of monsters they could pull from the books or the pervious games.

Random non upgradable Relic Witcher armour from Witcher contracts.

More interaction with chosen love interest.

Make Rouch killable, so if he dies we have to go and buy a new Rouch.

More romance-able NPC's. Not long romances, just you know Witcher 1 style, quick easy minus the sex cards.

SEX CARDS!!!!!!

I want NewGame+ too, I want to replay TW3 but I don't want to fully go through some stuffs all over again.

for DLC I want to have a selection of Geralt's appearance regardless of whatever armor set he's wearing.

New Storage DLC first plz, not more low level sets

Im grateful for all the DLCS, but everyweek im really only looking forward for the storage patch like how it was added for Witcher 2. Im still holding on to the starting Kaer Morhen armor, mastercrafterd feline and ursine set as well as all the trophies.

thank you for those temarian or nilfguardian set but wouldnt it be better if you let us store them for collection purposes after they outlive their short term usefulness?

NG+ super super hardcore mode. Any mode that can be implemented to play the game again with a new set of challenges. I don't mind playing through the story and world again if it challenges me differently.

New side quests and/or equipments that will only unlock in New Game+
Extra incentives to do another playthrough.

Expansions containing characters that are lacking in the main game.
Storage.

Will add more once I have something else.

Will there be a DLC like that?

I think the Witcher 3 is almost flawless because of the outstanding gameplay, graphics and story therefore the game is sure to impress me with various details, however I think if the ending can alter a little, gamers would feel more free to explore the world after finishing the main story. so I think a DLC that enables Geralt to interact with Triss, Kera and so on even with Ciri such as doing a few missions together with a constant place to meet them will be amazing, thus players wouldn still enjoy the deep role-playing after finishing the story.

Last edited:
Would love..
1. A hooded cloak akin to the one the Shady individual wears in Novigrad to keep me noggin dry during a storm..
2. Wild Hunt armor in the style of Eredin,Imlerith etc would be too awesome..
3. More masks just for a bit of a change from Geralt's mug now and again.

They would satisfy me for now...

Dream DLC - Character creator to make your own Geralt and Ciri ( i'll never expect this but it is a dream DLC lol)

Last edited:
A Wild Hunt heavy armor variant for Geralt would be interesting. But what I really want to see in-game is a full plate armor that Geralt can wear.

Book Spoilers incoming!
A flashback of Geralts Journey to the castle of Vilgefortz would be a great DLC for book fans and for people who don’t know the books and therefore get introduced to important characters.
The expedition with Milva, Cahir, Regis, Dandelion and Angoulême results in some interesting choices that Geralt has to make and eventually concludes in a further development of his character. The player could make these typical witcher choices in the DLC.
For example the player could decide if Milva takes the abortion-drink or not. If she does have the abortion she could later fight against nilfgaard on the bridge with the rivian partisans but this could result in some moral difficulties. If Geralt decides to encourage Milva to not take the abortion drink she would give birth on the bridge like in the books.
Choices like this define the witcher games therefore this story would make a great DLC.

Last edited:
Dice, arm wrestling, fist fighting

So I did a search and found nothing. Maybe didn't use right key words, who knows.

My question and request are as follows

It seems (so far anyways) that Dice and arm wrestling was removed from game for The Witcher 3 and the Fist fighting was changed to unarmed rather then the style from TW2.

Im wondering why this was done and hoping it will be added as a DLC (at least ) in the future.
I find I miss all 3 of these side activities ALLOT as I am not a fan of the horse racing (controls on game pad or keyboard just bite for controlling horse) and the Gwent game leaves me rather meh over all. Just not a fan of it.

Can we please get the Dice, Arm wrestling, and TW2 fist fighting side games back into the game

My small request from the original 2 games

Dice Poker and arm wrestling may have a place. I fundamentally disagree about fist fighting. Literally all of the encounters in Witcher 2 were piss easy and absolutely not worth the QTE. Don't get me wrong: They were nice to look at for the first few times. Once you've seen the five different animations used it became extremely samey while not being challenging in the slightest.

YMMV, of course.

It seems (so far anyways) that Dice and arm wrestling was removed from game for The Witcher 3 and the Fist fighting was changed to unarmed rather then the style from TW2.

Im wondering why this was done and hoping it will be added as a DLC (at least ) in the future.
I find I miss all 3 of these side activities ALLOT as I am not a fan of the horse racing (controls on game pad or keyboard just bite for controlling horse) and the Gwent game leaves me rather meh over all. Just not a fan of it.

To answer part of your question, Dice Poker was removed for technical implication reasons, but, more than that, to make room for their new invention of the card-game Gwent. They seem originally to have intended to include both side-games, but it came down to a matter of time for development, and so, they decided to concentrate their efforts on the cards instead.

Dice Poker has a small base of loyal supporters, who have repeatedly requested its return; however, unfortunately, we've had no definite confirmation that it will ever appear in either a DLC, or one of the expansions, yet.

Dice Poker and arm wrestling may have a place. I fundamentally disagree about fist fighting. Literally all of the encounters in Witcher 2 were piss easy and absolutely not worth the QTE. Don't get me wrong: They were nice to look at for the first few times. Once you've seen the five different animations used it became extremely samey while not being challenging in the slightest.

YMMV, of course.

Agreed Fist fighting in W 3 is quite really good just master the mechanic your good to go. Like hell you could destroy a red skull lvl mob in fist fighting. Hopefully there will be a dlc to make this quest repeatable grinding gold in early game will be ease.

I have a good idea for the free DLC: Language Pack for all console-users (PS4 + XO) containing all VO's:cheers:

Top Bottom