Freesync doesn't work?

+
Hey,

Noticed recently that freesync doesn't seem to work on this game, I play with everything ultra an hairworks off, get between 98-115 frames on average but any drop in 10 frames+ causes stutter, I don't see this on any other games, any insight?

It will depend on your overall system config. The engine in TW3 is a very particular beast. In general, it seems to run best when locked at 30 FPS. It will cooperate with 60 and above, but mileage varies greatly. It often has trouble with overclocking, but it works for some people.

When dealing with Gsync / Freesync, you're adding another layer of tech. I would recommend trying to lock the game into a state where its performance does not fluctuate more than 1-2 FPS up or down. As a test, try setting the Frame Limit to good old 60. If that works, try upping it to 80, and so on.

If you see no difference using the in-game setting, try setting that to Unlimited and using a program like Nvidia Inspector or RTSS to set the cap.

Also, be sure you're running the game in Fullscreen mode. (Windowed / Borderless won't benefit from Freesync anyway, as windows prevent screen tearing in almost all cases.)

Top Bottom