Freeview and Track IR support in cyberpunk 2077?

+
Hello,
Can we hope to get a freeview system with Track IR support in Cyberpunk 2077?
For those who don't know the system the track IR is a ir webcam that allow the user to slave the head movement of it's in-game character to it's own head movements.
https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
there are also free alternatives that allow you to use a regular webcam like trackNOIR and freetrack.

Of course it also require that the game offer a freeview option to unlink the viewpoint and the aiming point.

This allow you to move your character, move your aimingpoint and move your sight, all independently.
It is a bit disconcerting when you first use it but its soon get indispensable when you like it.
It is specially great to use while you are in a vehicle but when a game is setup to use it while your are dismouted (like ARMA 3 does) it really adds to the immersion of the game.

Looking forward to your answer.

NINJAMC.

Wasn't something like this in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided? It was called TOBII Eye tracking or something. It's a cool idea. Not sure if people actually used it to play the game, though.

tobi eye tracking is different. It is mostly used as an aiming aid AFAIK, it tracks were you look. Track IR allow you to "mimick" your real head mouvements to your head in the game.

here is a video of track ir used by a heli pilot in Arma 3

and here is it used by a soldier, still in Arma 3

Definitely it would benefit a lot if Tobii 4C (Eye Tracking) device will be upported in game!

It improves immersion so much!... Just worth to try in games where already supported!

That is extremely cool when you can hack... target... just by looking to the things!

Really hoping something like this is implemented if/when a multiplayer is out...

To be able to give your character your own (micro)expressions would be a game changer.

There are many people out there who can do lots of weird stuff with their face and there is no way it can be replicated with a computer unless a tracking tech is used.
A multiplayer RPG like 2077 where characters can use their own (micro) expressions would make the game like another place to live and greatly enhance interaction with others.
IRL you would probably be wearing some kind of head rig, but it would be veryvery cool. I've put a lot of thought into it.

Annnd.

Very hesitant about the data collection points that could come from that type of tech tho. Your pretty much copying your actual face and eyes, if that is used in any other way other than personal use or gameplay then it is very privacy invasive.

We would probably see a set of TOS or laws come into play if facial tracking tech became normalized for consumers. The only way to use it safely would be for personal use that is not connected to the net. Or for prerecorded video type stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRogueShadow1

Check out AI Angel on Youtube if you haven't already! It's one of the more interesting things being done on YT.

The facial tracking you describe might be interesting for a VR title, but let's stick to head tracking for Cyberpunk.

With the recent revelations at how much of the game is first-person (almost all of it), TrackIR support would be utterly, completely AMAZING. Even if it comes months down the line post-launch, it would really be worth the time and effort to implement.

So again, are there any plans to implement such support in Cyberpunk 2077? :)

Star Citizen has face tracking

but I would say it would be useless in Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe in multiplayer. That could be cool.

Track IR or Tobi Eye... how does it work when you want to do 360°? Where you look at the screen the picture will always make it to the centre?

I don't know. For VR it would be great but I don't have much experience with these other technologies to say something... not generic.

But from all these things I think VR is one that has highest chance to get supported.

Star Citizen has face tracking
But from all these things I think VR is one that has highest chance to get supported.

That would be a shame - there are a lot more TrackIR users than VR users, and the bar for entry is much lower - $150 vs $1,000+. Plus a lot of gamers can't use VR due to neck issues or other health problems. It would be great if both were supported.

That would be a shame - there are a lot more TrackIR users than VR users, and the bar for entry is much lower - $150 vs $1,000+. Plus a lot of gamers can't use VR due to neck issues or other health problems. It would be great if both were supported.

Since when VR need $1000+ ?
I buyed mine less that $400 ,and that was 2 years ago.

Would be great, this game definitely could benefit from it. Yet, ATM it does not support even key bindings FFS so I would not hold my breath for something as advanced as head tracking.

Hey guys. If you are intested in eye tracking experience using Tobii in Cyberpunk 2077 check out my new mod at nexus:

Here is some mod showcase video

Top Bottom