Freezing after leaving smith or armorer - Windows 10/Latest drivers

+
Freezing after leaving smith or armorer - Windows 10/Latest drivers

A question to other players before I spend a lot of time investigating this.

I bit the bullet and installed Windows 10 yesterday. Also updated my graphics drivers to 368.39.

Everything's fine in the game except that the screen freezes for about five seconds whenever I exit from a smith or armorer dialogue. It then recovers and keeps playing fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Someone elsewhere suggested they got best performance on W10 i7 processor running without hyperthreading and affinity to 3 processes. I tried it and got 2 freezes in 5 minutes of play, also at transitions between cutscenes/gameplay. Only conclusion I could make is that every processor is different. works fine for me with all 8 cores pumping. It's worth playing around with this, it might resolve it.

Usual things, set TW3 processor priority to high.

Are other games impacted. if yes use ddu and reinstall drivers.

Did you do a clean install or overwrite? I guess it's possible an overwrite didn't go according to plan.
Got to to love pc's. have fun.

Overwrite. After my system took 3 attempts (and six hours) to download Win 10 because my AV blocked it, I couldn't face a clean install. No other games tested yet, but I've done several hours in TW3 with no other issues.

The drivers were a clean install, as MS installed some crappy drivers from last November.

I'll set MSI to watch the processor, see if anything weird is happening. Strange it only seems to happen in the one scenario though. Everything else that's usually considered stressful on the streaming, like fast travelling to Novigrad, seems fine, as are exits from other dialogues.

yeh its strange

Yesterday I had 2 ctd's in a very short space of time, one at a transitions between cut scene/gameplay and the other when I tried reloading at the same time as a autosave , after going 50hrs without a crash.

I did report to CDPR, a few people are getting ctd's since B&W.

Hope you don't have to do a clean install. of w10.

Top Bottom