Freezing every few seconds on a new system

+
Freezing every few seconds on a new system

Installed Witcher 3, patched to 1.11 and added the DLC pack.

Unfortunately, the game freezes every 10-25 seconds for 2-3 seconds. Almost always when you activate the witcher vision.

New rig with new components. Freshly made new PC. Just installed Windows 10 and all necessary drivers/DirectX, rebooted a few times to make sure everything is working fine. No background applications and definitely no Shadowplay. Here are some specs, so you can see I'm above the requirements:

G3258 not OC'd
960GTX 4GB not OC'd
8GB RAM

Any help is appreciated, thanks

I got the exact same problem.

nvidia 970GTX 4 GB
16 GB RAM
AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Prozessor 4,0 GHz
Game is installed on an SSD.

Solutions would be highly appreciated. Just wanted to start a fresh game with my new components, but this isn't really fun to play.

Last edited:
Solved. As of patch 1.07 the Witcher 3 no longer supports dual core computers (used to run fine on them before this patch hit). Though good i3 processors still manage due to HyperThreading.

To eliminate the freezes, you need to install BES - Battle Encoder Shirase and limit the processor use in the Witcher 3 to 97-99%:

1. Run BES
2. Run The Witcher 3
3. Switch to BES window
4. Click Target -> pick witcher3.exe -> Click Limit/Watch -> Yes
5. Click Control -> pick The Witcher Target (#3 in my case) and set the slider to -2%. Then Close. This point you only need to do once, the rest every time you want to launch the Witcher 3

The link is here:
http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

This should eliminate all the freezes if you use a dual core setup.

Resurrecting thread. The game now freezes every 15-30 minutes, even with the fix. It even CTD'd on me twice in the last few days.

Would love a solution, thanks

Seriously why the hell did cdpr remove support for dual-core when gamers with this old cpu still use them?

I have a three-year old i3 3220, dual-core, four threaded cpu that can run this game efficiently. So basically this is the cause now why I'm freezing all of a sudden!!!

Top Bottom