Freezing in GOG but not when launched by Steam

+
Freezing in GOG but not when launched by Steam

Hi, first of all.. amazing game by an amazing company! I am just reporting something that I have noticed. When I launch the game via GOG, I encounter issues where I can't use both keyboard and controller (ie, let's say I just want to press M for map quick instead of going through the controller menu since I do like playing this game with an XB1 controller, it feels very natural for this game)... I get locked out it seems when launching via GOG Galaxy. Also I wind up with random crashes. When playing the game via launching it through Steam (I added it there as a non-steam game basically for Screenshot management), I don't have either of these issues.

Now it could be several coincidences or maybe not. However, it seems fairly consistent for me so far. I just wanted to let the support team know and also if any others encounter a similar issue running it through GOG Galaxy, try to launch it via Steam with Galaxy closed and see if you have the same findings as me. Thanks!

Yeah let me know and make sure Galaxy is closed, not minimized to tray. I'd like to play it through Galaxy but I will wait for whatever fix it is that seems to be causing this.Like I said, it could just be coincidences but I had not 1 single crash or freeze when playing it through Steam for hours, 10mins into my Galaxy play it locked up my entire system.

If you have a controller, can you try using it and pressing your keyboard and see if it works properly (it worked for me a few times and didn't work for me just as many times). This issue wasn't there when launching via Steam.

Yeah let me know and make sure Galaxy is closed, not minimized to tray. I'd like to play it through Galaxy but I will wait for whatever fix it is that seems to be causing this.Like I said, it could just be coincidences but I had not 1 single crash or freeze when playing it through Steam for hours, 10mins into my Galaxy play it locked up my entire system.

If you have a controller, can you try using it and pressing your keyboard and see if it works properly (it worked for me a few times and didn't work for me just as many times). This issue wasn't there when launching via Steam.

Just froze up again, didn't close GOG entirely tho' but the game lasted a lot longer. I think it has something to do with the inventory because I have had all 3 crashes while in the inventory and was just moving around items and throwing them on the floor, when I want to exit the inventory it freezes.
I use a DualShock 4 and use F5 to quicksave and sometimes for map, it does work fine, the popup in bottom left of the screen tells me it switches between keyboard and controller then but other than that no hinder of any sort.

Top Bottom