Frenzy Skill

+
Frenzy Skill

The mentioned skill didn't work for me and after so many updates, it still doesn't. I really can't find a solid way to trigger it and believe me, I've tried everything. a week before the game's launch, there was an official video stream which demonstrated three pure builds. I perfectly remember that frenzy skill was making a slow time effect whenever an enemy tried to hit Geralt with a melee weapon.

since CDPR didn't look into this matter, would someone kindly make a mod to fix it ?
thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It requires having toxicity above zero. Also it only slows time if *you* are attacking and get countered... not a general effect. It does work still, exactly as before though.

Yea, it works and it works the way they intended.

If you don't use potions that much, though, and your tox never gets even a little increased as you fight, you'll never see it.

This is why the Alchemy builds are kind of unique. The more green skills you have equipped, the longer potions last in total - each skill boosts potion duration. So if your TBolt only lasts 30 seconds, I can see ppl not getting into the habit of using them that much. But if TBolt, and every potion, was more useful because they all lasted longer, you're probly gonna use potions more, which in turn means your tox will hover above 0% more often while fighting.

And you only see Frenzy while fighting.

It requires having toxicity above zero. Also it only slows time if *you* are attacking and get countered... not a general effect. It does work still, exactly as before though.

That's exactly what I'm trying & expecting but for me it got less than 10% chance of triggering. that's why it became obsolete somehow. although things were quite different on that steaming video :(

@KNGRSM; @marvelmaster; @CarolKarine; @Sarcen;
do you got any idea on how to make this skill work in other combat situations ?

Edit: One of the best ways for testing this is to take a potion and attack guards. they won't die easily and keep countering your attacks. but nothing really happens.

Last edited:
I decided to make a mod in order to modify the Frenzy skill and make it trigger a slow motion whenever an opponent tries to hit Geralt. wghost81 from the nexus forum gave me a good advice. Frenzy is defined by S_Alchemy_s16 in scripts and as he pointed out npc.ws seems to be the corresponding file for triggering it.
I modified lines 221 ~ 251 as below but so far there's been no luck.

anyone got an idea ? any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I figured that a condition must be made before the bold lines in the script and that condition must be something about getting attacked. I just don't know its function.

Edit 2: thanks to my friend in Nexus it's now working perfectly. thank you for your phantom replies!

Last edited:
Top Bottom