Frequent crashes (PC client) - Is this a common problem?

+

Guest 3945410

Frequent crashes (PC client) - Is this a common problem?

I quit Gwent post-Midwinter, but recently returned since I respected the Homecoming decision and regained hope in the game's future. Now Gwent keeps crashing though, which is sapping my desire to play again. It has crashed 3 times in 3 hours, seemingly at random during ongoing matches.

Is this a common problem with the current PC client build? On one hand I assume so, since Gwent used to run smoothly and nothing has changed on my side as far as I know. On the other hand, I haven't seen anyone else post about frequent crashes.

Every time I crash, the game tries to reconnect to my game session but fails and gives me a defeat. Very frustrating whether it's Arena or Ranked.

P.S. There's also a bug where I can't see the opening mulligan screen. My opponent is mulliganing, but I can only watch the game board. Has happened twice, but only today.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game client is stable for me. Please, try the following:
  1. Remove all add-ons (GwentUp, Gwent Tracker).
  2. Remove/disable all third party overlay applications (e.g. FRAPS, RivaTuner).
  3. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  4. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  5. Disable the Galaxy overlay (only for debugging; it should be enabled for buying kegs and inviting friends).
  6. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  7. Close all background applications, especially Chrome (and other resource-consuming apps).
  8. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game (also removing the game data when asked).
  9. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

Guest 3945410

Thanks 4RM3D, very useful feedback.

:cheers:

Top Bottom