Fringilla and Yennefer history?

+
Fringilla and Yennefer history?

Just a quick question, does anyone know where the reference in the books is to Fringilla blinding Yennefer at Sodden or Geralt being with Fringilla? Did I miss it because the Sword of Destiny has only now been translated? I'm reading Baptism of Fire right now and some of this stuff is hinted at, but the Witcher wiki went into more detail. I'm just curious what the original source for that history is.

Ah, ok, I just assumed it predated the saga and was some past event. Guess I was getting ahead of myself.

its a good thing people didnt spoil it for you..i would really encourage you to read the books, they are simply amazing..read all of them before playing witcher 3(took me a week to read them all). by the end of it, really helped me alot to immerse in the witcher 3 universe. there is alot of novel references in game that made me tear up but would be oblivious to non book readers as "maybe something in the past"...imo, witcher 3 regains his memory, so you should also read the books if you want to step in his shoes.sorry for putting the pressure on you but believe me you'll be thankful by the end of it.

yeah. i think reading the books is a must for everybody who loves Witcher world.. it is not necessary to read them to understand the games, but it just gives you so much more when you play the games and you understand those little things behind...

I'd recommend reading the books, too. I'm up to Baptism of Fire, and so far I've enjoyed the previous books. Gives you a better idea of who some of these "minor" (and some major) characters are that we meet in the games.

Long story short.

Glorious Fringilla Masterrace fucked Yennefer up after she had killed one of Fringilla's friends during the Battle of Sodden between the Northern Realms and Nilfgaard.
Can't remember in what book though :/ i think it's Baptism of Fire

Geralt's relationship with his one true love Fringilla will be covered in the in "The Lady of The Lake" so look forward to that and hopefully you will join us at #TeamFringilla :yes

Last edited:
Long story short.

Glorious Fringilla Masterrace fucked Yennefer up after she had killed one of Fringilla's friends during the Battle of Sodden between the Northern Realms and Nilfgaard.

Geralt's relationship with his one true love Fringilla will be covered in the in "The Lady of The Lake" so look forward to that and hopefully you will join us at #TeamFringilla :yes
So you're a Fringilla fan then?

Long story short.

Last edited:
its a good thing people didnt spoil it for you..i would really encourage you to read the books, they are simply amazing..read all of them before playing witcher 3(took me a week to read them all). by the end of it, really helped me alot to immerse in the witcher 3 universe. there is alot of novel references in game that made me tear up but would be oblivious to non book readers as "maybe something in the past"...imo, witcher 3 regains his memory, so you should also read the books if you want to step in his shoes.sorry for putting the pressure on you but believe me you'll be thankful by the end of it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I started with the games, and began reading the books after I played AoK. I just finished Baptism of Fire, and now I have to go back and read Sword of Destiny until the last two books get translated. As you can see, my Witcher lore hasn't exactly been linear lol so I get it mixed up sometimes. Funnily enough, the part at the meeting of the Lodge where Yen and Fringilla talk about Sodden was like, five pages after I made this post. The part with Geralt and Fringilla sounds like it's later. Guess I should just finish the rest of the books as they become available then put it in order :)

fringilla enchanted geralt tostay with her. in the end he broke the spell and left anyway.

fringilla enchanted geralt tostay with her. in the end he broke the spell and left anyway.

Yeah but he confessed to her that he would never forget their time together and never forget her. The charm spell is not a perpetual one. It was the spark but everything afterwards was Geralt.

Yeah but he confessed to her that he would never forget their time together and never forget her. The charm spell is not a perpetual one. It was the spark but everything afterwards was Geralt.

Meh..he said that because this what she wanted to hear at the moment ;) I don't say that he didn't care for her at all, but to me it always looked more like he knew he was being manipulated by the lodge. He wanted to sneak away from her and leave without saying a word but she caught him in the last moment. And she was histeric. So all these "I will never forget you bla bla" was to calm her down, also classic Geralt trying (unsuccesfully) to justify himself.
And don't forget what he did later, how he totally humilated her in front of the lodge when it comes to Vilgefortz. He didn't do it accidentally but deliberately.

Last edited:
Meh..he said that because this what she wanted to hear at the moment ;) I don't say that he didn't care for her at all, but to me it always looked more like he knew he was being manipulated by the lodge. He wanted to sneak away from her and leave without saying a word but she caught him in the last moment. And she was histeric. So all these "I will never forget you bla bla" was to calm her down, also classic Geralt trying (unsuccesfully) to justify himself.
And don't forget what he did later, how he totally humilated her in front of the lodge when it comes to Vilgefortz. He didn't do it accidentally but deliberately.

Him attacking Vilgefortz was not to humiliate Fringilla but to save Yennefer and his other friends. Yes it did embarrass Fringilla in front of lodge but Geralt did it out of necessity rather than carelessness for Fringilla. You can read it as Geralt saying it to justify him leaving, but the rest of the narrative strongly hints that Geralt meant what he said. In fact, the whole quote and especially the part where Geralt knows Fringilla's scent point to the fact that he has become attached to her similar to how he has become attached to Yennefer's scent.

Geralt humiliates Fringilla by lying to her about which castle Vilgefortz is hiding in, so the lodge (using Fringilla's incorrect intelligence) attacks a castle that has been abandoned for many years while he can attack Stygga castle without their interference

Top Bottom