From a Fan to the fans.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's any questioning the character and skill of the devs working for CDPR.

There is plenty of negativity on these boards (the internet in general) that are completely uncalled for - which is often the case with people on the internet due to anonymity.

This thread is an effort to combat this type of negativity, at least that is my interpretation.
Please consider the following and to be clear I haven't questioned their character, quite the opposite. Rather those who say things like the customer may be able to motivate the devs through being nice to them implies the devs are not motivated by their own character, obligation and a desire to do their best but rather by being spoken of kindly, and referenced nicely by fans on message boards which is nothing but a tipping of the hat to ones self and a placing of ones own mere words above the character and career motivations of the devs. The same goes for people who rush to praise CDPR when they are rightly being criticized for their failures.

Just to make things easier to understand, consider the concept of the "White Knight", those who play this role may believe they are acting out of some sense of virtue or good but they are not. They are actually placing themselves in the role of savior which is an insult to those whom they make believe they are saving.

Reading stuff like this makes me chuckle.
This is the internet. Used by anyone and everyone who knows how to turn on a computer and or has a mobile phone. You don’t know how old they are and you don’t know their background. You could be talking to a well accomplished person that lived through the years or you could be talking to a 12 year old who’s fapping to images of V and their romance options :)

Sometimes you just have to let people have their opinions, say ok, and move on.

Rather those who say things like the customer may be able to motivate the devs through being nice to them implies the devs are not motivated by their own character, obligation and a desire to do their best but rather by being spoken of kindly, and referenced nicely by fans on message boards

The same goes for people who rush to praise CDPR when they are rightly being criticized for their failures.

You're overreading this situation entirely.

I'm sure you understand the difference between criticism and judgment - so I'm not sure that we've been reading the same fuckery that has been posted on these boards and on the internet in general but fair criticism is not what I've been seeing, instead, I've seen a vast amount of users just acting completely ridiculous.

Again, I see this thread as a response to this type of behavior.

It baffles me how incompetent people are when faced with reason and objective criticism.
Call me a hater or even a "doomer" but first thing for tackling a problem is to acknowledge it even exists, over enthusiastic people like you are no help, neither for the fans nor the devs ...
I think you're jumping to conclusions, none of the things are mutually exclusive, you don't have to make your acknowledgement public (especially since it's a public traded company that has to answer to a board of investors) and what's wrong with being enthusiastic about a thing that you like.

Do you really think that we haven't had enough negativity yet?

Like any shred if positivity is followed by people saying you're a shill, you're not helping, they lied, it's broken, they need to pay etc. etc. etc.

Literally people need to live and let live in the end.

Why?

Some of these devs have received death threats. Look, people on the internet can be crazy.

Offering some mental support and goodwill can change the day. :]

Beyond that, the people who made the decision to launch the game are the ones that need to feel "embarrassed" which is evident if we go by the official "apology" video.
Death threats are out of the question.
Are you now comparing critics with those arseholes? I hope not. This attitude is dangerous.

I talked to miles tost on the official discord before launch and he is a very nice person. I would however never hold back and tell him where the game is heavily lacking. I am absolutely sure he would at least listen.

This game has problems and closing the eyes and putting the fingers into the ears is definitely not helping.

Are you now comparing critics with those arseholes? I hope not. This attitude is dangerous.

I'm not.

Just talking about the latter lol.

This game has problems and closing the eyes and putting the fingers into the ears is definitely not helping.

This is no secret and just to be clear: I'm not arguing against criticism here haha; the state of the game is obviously horrendous.

I can almost guarantee that developers had little to no say in the release date of the game. Middle management and leadership are at fault for releasing a subpar product and now the development team is under pressure to fix their mess. And everyone with no experience in product development and marketing is opining on both and blaming developers.

I for one appreciate their effort.

Doomers will come and go. Fans will always remain. There's only so many clicks and self-satisfaction doomers can get out of it. Then the next "outrageous" thing will happen and they'll move on to moaning about a different developer.

This isn't going to be fixed by the end of February. We'll expect some more improvements with the next patch but it's a long way from being ready. Looking at the list of non-functioning perks and how easy combat is at the moment,.. how can they possibly balance combat when they haven't got a working combat model?

I suspect the free dlc we will be getting post 1.2 will add more missing content to the game and flesh the world out. I think if we are to get a proper working model it will arrive the same time as the next gen console version

Looks like calling for constructive feedback ends as usual - with people not able to provide it, instead of resorting to hostile, personal remarks.

Bye bye, thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom