From a Fan to the fans.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank everyone for remaining as constructive and positive as possible, I'm aware this isn't easy as we all had many hopes for the game and moods hit an all time low, But I do still see this becoming the game we all know it can be, Recently patch 1.1 released and with it some welcome fixes but this is only the start, I ask that everyone please remain patient and keep the developers motivated.

Cheers Chooms :cool:

Absolutely. The doomers are throwing the "Well they said they were proud of it on PC so it's over" shit like it's gospel.

Like almost you can't add content to a game you're proud of :facepalm:
Yes you can add content to something you're proud of but you can't fix something if you don't acknowledge something is wrong. And I think that is the root behind people who worry about the "proud on pc" bit. Zero acknowledgment about the incredibly enormous gap in gameplay between what was offered and what was delivered is understandably worrying.

Last edited:
[...] The game is not what it supposed to be. Forget the bugs and fixes. It is no where near the amazing game like Witcher 3 without the bugs and stupid AI. I played this game on my PC obviously and I dont have that many bugs but I still feel cheated because i am sure over 40 hours of gameplay was taking out from the game. This is not the game that the founders and cdpr fans was thinking of. Stop defending CDPR just because you are using GOG that belongs to them. I was a huge fan of cdpr because Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time but they dissapoint me so much by lieng to my face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. The doomers are throwing the "Well they said they were proud of it on PC so it's over" shit like it's gospel.
It baffles me how incompetent people are when faced with reason and objective criticism.
Call me a hater or even a "doomer" but first thing for tackling a problem is to acknowledge it even exists, over enthusiastic people like you are no help, neither for the fans nor the devs ...

Stuff like this is just very strange to me. I would be embarrassed beyond belief if were a developer and read this.
Why?

Some of these devs have received death threats. Look, people on the internet can be crazy.

Offering some mental support and goodwill can change the day. :]

Beyond that, the people who made the decision to launch the game are the ones that need to feel "embarrassed" which is evident if we go by the official "apology" video.

Yes you can add content to something you're proud of but you can't fix something if you don't acknowledge something is wrong. And I think that is the root behind people who worry about the "proud on pc" bit. Zero acknowledgment about the incredibly enormous gap in gameplay between what was offered and what was delivered is understandably worrying.

The thing about acknowledging ... issues, might be cultural, and it very well could be legal.
There's also the bit where some folks with at least $1 Million in stocks invested in the company probably have more "important" opinions that need to be addressed than some gonk that just can't seem to deal with driving a video game car, or any number of things that are mostly non-issues.

For instance, culturally, CDPR very well may want to acknowledge issues, BUT only AFTER they are fixed. That way, any acknowledgement isn't just empty words. It's"veni vidi vici" ... or, "I came, I saw, I conquered"; or we heard you, we took note, we fixed these things ... you have proof we fixed those things, now, with better faith, we will continue to fix the other things and continue to work on improving game.

Legally, the lawyers could be saying to STFU and that ANYTHING they say, until something is actually fixed, puts them in even greater legal jeopardy.

There's lots of very good reasons for CDPR being tight-lipped.

The doomers ... sheesh. Some of these people act like they've never ever bought a game right after release. Does anyone remember all the bugs when The Witcher 3 was released? CDPR even puts an Easter Egg in the game making fun of itself with the Roach bug, where the horse ran around with it's rear end way up in the air. There's a sticker of a horse in that position on your very first car!
Have these people just not been watching gaming news for the last 20 years?
Sure, this isn't a smooth release by any means.
There has, however, been far worse, and to some degree, pretty much every game released these days has some issues directly after release. Anyone having fun with all the circle dances in Assassin's Creed Valhalla where fighters get locked in a spinning circle dance?
Anyone ever hear of Fallout 76? Battlefront? Anthem? No Man's Sky? eh.
... and there's lots others that were just so ridiculously poor, not so much bugged, but just poorly done and that list can stretch out to the moon.

Ah well. Be patient. Wait a minute. Wait a minute more. Things'll get fixed and the game will get better. :)

Because whatever I do, most especially things that involves others, I consider an extension of myself and character. I can't imagine not being motivated and doing the best I can based solely on knowing that what quality of effort I produce will rightly be judged as an extension of my character. If I am paid to do something, based solely on being paid I would feel obliged to put forth the best effort possible.

EDIT: Yes I agree with you about management and my philosophy extends to them even more so.

Ah well. Be patient. Wait a minute. Wait a minute more. Things'll get fixed and the game will get better.
And nothing gets better if there is no critisicm period. So let people criticise as long as its not blind hate towards CDPR.
If CDPR really wanted to pull a "No Mans Sky" move here they should go silent for the next few months, fix their game and people would be happy ... Even though the trust they had for this release will be gone for a good while if even regainable.

The thing about acknowledging ... issues, might be cultural, and it very well could be legal...
Yes, I understand that. However as a customer, who has shown my support for the company directly by purchasing the game based on what CDPR's marketing lead me to believe I was purchasing... why should I care? Or more delicately, why should I approach the situation as anything other than a customer?

I'm not an investor, a lawyer, a plaintiff, a regulator or whatever. I'm just a customer that trusted them. Why should I have to pretend to be a legally savvy businessperson?

Because whatever I do, most especially things that involves others, I consider an extension of myself and character. I can't imagine not being motivated and doing the best I can based solely on knowing that what quality of effort I produce will rightly be judged as an extension of my character. If I am paid to do something, based solely on being paid I would feel obliged to put forth the best effort possible.

EDIT: Yes I agree with you about management and my philosophy extends to them even more so.

I don't think there's any questioning the character and skill of the devs working for CDPR.

There is plenty of negativity on these boards (the internet in general) that are completely uncalled for - which is often the case with people on the internet due to anonymity.

This thread is an effort to combat this type of negativity, at least that is my interpretation.

This is normal, the game is far from perfect but it is still good.

You have to respect the work of developers, even if there are reasons to blame them. But now that the damage is done, there is no point in falling on them.

There is more than to hope that they continue to catch up. And I hope they will get there, because it would be a shame given what the game offers.

Yes, I understand that. However as a customer, who has shown my support for the company directly by purchasing the game based on what CDPR's marketing lead me to believe I was purchasing... why should I care? Or more delicately, why should I approach the situation as anything other than a customer?

I'm not an investor, a lawyer, a plaintiff, a regulator or whatever. I'm just a customer that trusted them. Why should I have to pretend to be a legally savvy businessperson?
Very well said. Expecting anything more from a customer than to be able to potentially sell them your product is asking too much. The relationship between business and customer is a business relationship period and pretending otherwise is detrimental to both customer and business.

And nothing gets better if there is no critisicm period. So let people criticise as long as its not blind hate towards CDPR.
If CDPR really wanted to pull a "No Mans Sky" move here they should go silent for the next few months, fix their game and people would be happy ... Even though the trust they had for this release will be gone for a good while if even regainable.

Well, I guess all the extra noise you add to all the noise that's already getting made is just going to make everything magically better. Yup. You go. wooo!
Or does it just help with the feefees to make noise on the internet?

There's criticism. There's noise. There's raging feefees and tears, and rage quits and all the things.
Please, by all means, explain how even more of it is going to make anything better?

This isn't anything new. This has been happening for the last 1000 years of gaming. I was there a thousand years ago. :p
Take deep breaths. Be patient. Things will get got fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom