From an old-school CDPR fan.

+
Bear with me, I haven't posted much over the years - but I've been a member on this form since 2008. When CD Projekt Red was a tiny little studio in Poland with just the Witcher 1 to its name - I was here. Witcher 3 remains my favorite game of all time - bar none. I was even in their Witcher cosplay contest. While bashing CD Projekt is pretty "in vogue" right now, this isn't a throw away troll account. This comes from a superfan who's been with you since your first game. Cyberpunk 2077 is the second most disappointing launch I've been through in my gaming career. First - for those interested - was Total War Rome II; the game that taught me to never preorder. Until now.

I'm lucky. I've got a decent job. I built a new PC just to run Cyberpunk 2077. The last PC I built was just to run Witcher 3. I'm sitting around 40 hours played. I can play the game on RTX Ultra and it sure does look good... but it's all flash and no substance. I've been lucky on bugs; one reload required, one crash to desktop, a handful of floating or T-posing NPCs, nothing that I don't have every faith will be fixed with patches. But when I really started looking - this game is a mile wide and an inch deep. I would love to hear about the FLC and DLC coming, but I'm assuming it's all hands on deck fixing the issues that are plaguing other players. I still believe that this could morph into the game we were hoping for, but it would really be nice to hear what is planned for the game.

At this point it just seems pointless to pile on with complaints, but for real...

"It doesn't matter how well you do something, as long as you look good doing it." - Cyberpunk 2020 Concept #1

Two "body scars" options in character creator? No "Tiger Claw" tattoos? Zero customization after initial character creation (barbers - at least- were a Witcher 3 FLC)? No transmutation so you always have to wear a mishmash of styles? Not even a "hide your helmet" option? You legitimately did a dev diary on the styles of Night City, but we've got to pull off dumpster diving chic?

Every club and restaurant in the game has the same damn menu. Want some Ribs ala Silverhand that the bartender in the Red Dirt recommends? Dream on - it's the same menu as any other place in the game. Not that it matters because every food and drink has the exact same status effects. Want to slide up to the bar and have a drink? Enjoy the atmosphere like we haven't been able to do in the real world for almost a year? Not in first person, not even easily from the menu. Nope - buy it, then go to your inventory, then your backpack, then drink it. Immersive.

Want to hit the sheets after a day in the streets? Enjoy your two - count 'em - two "joytoys". All of Night City has one less "companion" than just the Passiflora in Witcher 3. Are you really going to do a prostitute DLC? Did you really make some artist do a "Lips" icon for two joy toys? If you play a non-bi character you have a choice of... one? Brain Dance? Drugs? The seedy side of Night City? Not available. If anyone deserves a hit it's V - their hair disappears every time they look in the mirror. And while I'm not super invested in starting at my digital dong - is it literally just there to swing in the inventory?

I'm not even going to get into the rushed storyline, the minimal romance options, or anything spoilery.

I believe that CDPR will get the bugs ironed out, get the game playable for the last-gen consoles, maybe even work on the crappy AI, but there is so much that did not live up to the promises, let alone the hype. I would really like to know the plans for this game going forward. It just feels so absolutely unfinished.

Top Bottom