From Dorf Point Spam Back To Bear Point Spam

+
Zjiin;n10449472 said:
Its when you mulligan a card and redraw it on every mulligan.

Though it isnt actually a bug (it got its name because for months in closed beta, CDPR refused to tell anyone their mulligan system was different, so everyone assumed it was broken.) , its a by-product of this games awful mulligan blacklisting system giving a card you mulligan something like a 54% chance of being placed straight back on the top of deck - regardless of how many cards are left.

But which card counts towards this? The first one you mulligan or all 3? During the first mulligan phase, of course. Would it also work in round 2?

ser2440;n10450652 said:
Bear point spam is irritating because the Beastmasters are not only a 12 points no setup bronze, but also because they give +1 to every berserker played by spawning a cursed unit. Effectively their value is greater than 12 without actually having to be set up.

In addition to the Berserkers, you forgot to include Olaf as well... for each beast played his self harm is reduced by 2.

Funny, I've played for several days now, a good 4hrs a day, and only come across a couple of bear/ship decks.

I'm currently seeing a really good variety of decks as the meta still settles. Might be that bear still has a strong hold this month, hard to say at the moment, but unlike dwarves, it's a loooooooot easier to counter and mess with.

I'd say maybe try and focus on some of the positives. I've noticed a lot of your posts tend to be purely negative. :c

I'm currently seeing a really good variety of decks as the meta still settles. Might be that bear still has a strong hold this month, hard to say at the moment, but unlike dwarves, it's a loooooooot easier to counter and mess with.

I'd say maybe try and focus on some of the positives. I've noticed a lot of your posts tend to be purely negative.

The meta needs to settle first. it seems to be shifting back to ST Mulligan and Greatswords, along with some nekkers, these seem to be the most frequent decks I've encountered today though it is hard to say. Also Deathwish which was pretty good last season might be a popular choice. So far I'll agree that there is a great deal of variation and that's good :) but we'll see once the meta settles.

Also, I haven't encountered a single spy deck yet.my guess is that's the end for that archetype until they receive some buff.

ser2440;n10452882 said:
The meta needs to settle first. it seems to be shifting back to ST Mulligan and Greatswords, along with some nekkers, these seem to be the most frequent decks I've encountered today though it is hard to say. Also Deathwish which was pretty good last season might be a popular choice. So far I'll agree that there is a great deal of variation and that's good :) but we'll see once the meta settles.

Also, I haven't encountered a single spy deck yet.my guess is that's the end for that archetype until they receive some buff.

Funny you should say that because I haven't seen a single spy deck yet either. I mean Enforcers were strong, but to my mind they weren't all that bad to deal with. I guess for the moment at least that nerf was a bit of a death knell to the deck, specially with the prevalence of decks that focus less on engines and control and more on pure point-spam cards.

Well ive been vsing weather spam, heaps of skellige damage builds, deathwish with nekker finish, no bears, ocassional dwarfs but more seems to be elf engine vrihedd dragoons with mahakams to boost the engines keeping them alive with ciri nova finish, while im using the good old skellige discard the old school way but with ciri nova for tempo finish and winning 90% but its early days, and i switch between temerian vernon roche build with reavers, working quite well also but 60% win rate just really enjoyable to play :) i believe engines need buff or bring out some more, and control needs a buff, why run a lock when you can run a lightning that sorts out any engine? Locks are nekker counter only its so bad.

x1Cygnus;n10450862 said:
I don't see anywhere where this is explained officially by CDPR or how the mulligan system/blacklist works exactly - unless I'm looking in the wrong places (highly probable) so where does this information come from?

But yeah, Bears appear to be back in a big way.

CallMeHoot;n10443332 said:
This is my experience with the new patch so far.

Good job.

Not.

OG.laloquaint;n10444112 said:
Do you ever stop complaining? The patch was supposed to tone down Dwarves and it did. Jeez. They can't change whatever you want whenever you want. Give them time to sort out things.

Cause and effect... before the mid-winter update the game was pretty balanced, was fun to play and involved using strategy. Then CDPR got onto the hype treadmill promoting their 100 card update, which they rushed through with the narrow short sighted goal so as to cash in on Christmas.

The cards were full of bugs, many potential counters to the new metas were nerfed into oblivion, archetypes were totally unbalanced, game play became tedious and strategy was replaced by vomit points gameplay.

The original poster has plenty to complain about, and sadly so many fan-bois are all too good at shooting the messenger rather than listening to the underlying issues... to raise constructive counter suggestions for fixes in the forum discussion

Jezaboom2;n10455452 said:
Cause and effect... before the mid-winter update the game was pretty balanced, was fun to play and involved using strategy. Then CDPR got onto the hype treadmill promoting their 100 card update, which they rushed through with the narrow short sighted goal so as to cash in on Christmas.

The cards were full of bugs, many potential counters to the new metas were nerfed into oblivion, archetypes were totally unbalanced, game play became tedious and strategy was replaced by vomit points gameplay.

The original poster has plenty to complain about, and sadly so many fan-bois are all too good at shooting the messenger rather than listening to the underlying issues... to raise constructive counter suggestions for fixes in the forum discussion

The op wasn't complaining about bugs or "potential counters to new metas," so no point in bringing those up. I know Beastmasters are a problem, everybody knows that. People complain about Half-Elf Hunters too which I find ridiculous since you can only play them once. Wardancers need a rework, that's an actual problem. I guess you missed the point of my reply to CallMeHoot, so I'll spell it out for you: CDPR cannot just start nerfing everything. They weakened an over-tuned archetype that did the exact thing you're complain about, "vomiting out points." I may be a fanboy, but you guys need to realize that they can't just pump out updates whenever you want.

OG.laloquaint;n10455522 said:
The op wasn't complaining about bugs or "potential counters to new metas," so no point in bringing those up. I know Beastmasters are a problem, everybody knows that. People complain about Half-Elf Hunters too which I find ridiculous since you can only play them once. Wardancers need a rework, that's an actual problem. I guess you missed the point of my reply to CallMeHoot, so I'll spell it out for you: CDPR cannot just start nerfing everything. They weakened an over-tuned archetype that did the exact thing you're complain about, "vomiting out points." I may be a fanboy, but you guys need to realize that they can't just pump out updates whenever you want.

Your argument that CDPR can't start nerfing everything, conveniently overlooks that CDPR with the mid-winter update didn't just introduce new cards it nerfed countless existing cards.
Potential counters to new metas which were nerfed are very relevant to the op's complaint... take for example the archgriffin, its previous ability to not just clear weather but to transfer a card from an opponent's graveyard was a helpful counter to vomit point plays which rely upon graveyard mechanics. The numerous bugs were also quite relevant to the factions which were affected by them

As for "pumping out updates whenever we want"... CDPR has had 2 months since the mid-winter update to introduce balance patches, its not as though it was yesterday. They rushed through the mid-winter update so as to cash in on Christmas... they had no qualms in taking player's money with their holiday keg special without proper testing beforehand... accordingly they deserve all the criticism which the community has since been giving them.

Moderator: A few earlier posts deleted. Now, a reminder: Although players may offer constructive criticisms to CDPR, please, keep these respectful. Also, respect each other.

Jezaboom2;n10455652 said:
Your argument that CDPR can't start nerfing everything, conveniently overlooks that CDPR with the mid-winter update didn't just introduce new cards it nerfed countless existing cards.
Potential counters to new metas which were nerfed are very relevant to the op's complaint... take for example the archgriffin, its previous ability to not just clear weather but to transfer a card from an opponent's graveyard was a helpful counter to vomit point plays which rely upon graveyard mechanics. The numerous bugs were also quite relevant to the factions which were affected by them

As for "pumping out updates whenever we want"... CDPR has had 2 months since the mid-winter update to introduce balance patches, its not as though it was yesterday. They rushed through the mid-winter update so as to cash in on Christmas... they had no qualms in taking player's money with their holiday keg special without proper testing beforehand... accordingly they deserve all the criticism which the community has since been giving them.

If the Archgriffin was left like that, then you might as well just get rid of Skellige or anything that relied on Graveyard play to win. The bugs are not part of this problem though, I don't understand why you keep bringing it up. Yes, they were there but most of them are now fixed. Why does the past matter so much? It's true that CDPR took a long time to fix the Midwinter Update and it obviously left a bad taste in people's mouth. They did release a hotfix but it was broken too, because they were getting pressured into releasing it. This patch was a good start to balancing the game, how can you not see that? I'm not disagreeing with you lol, I too want a balanced game but they can't just do it overnight.

Most card games loses balance with release of new cards. If they are weaker than existing cards, why bother using them. So you have to either give people stronger cards, or brand new archetype that is at least as good as current ones. I played ygo for a long time, you are always getting new op cards per release. And staple cards are getting banned all the times. It's a card game, it's how it works. They did well to keep a lot of the old cards usable so far.

TheShift;n10455122 said:
Thanks for that, and I'm aware of most of this - but this is not official from CDPR, and appears to be based on an iteration of the game which no longer exists (an older patch).

So it's feasible that the mulligan system has changed since then - yes? And if so, where is the official explanation from CDPR on how it works?

So it's feasible that the mulligan system has changed since then - yes? And if so, where is the official explanation from CDPR on how it works?

That's the thing. There is no official explanation and no, as fans and players have discovered, the mulligan system hasn't changed. Many people push for that piece of info to be included in the game's tutorial because CDPR hasn't actually said anything about the mulligan system, which works like that since the closed beta. The closest to an "official" explanation is Swim's analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUONd2tKEZg

ser2440 OK thanks; CDPR really need to state officially how mulligan/blacklist works then, as I have 'blacklisted' cards in R1 only for them to re-appear in every draw.... so either something's not quite right or there's some sort of intermittent bug there somewhere.

Top Bottom