From Ofier's Distant Shores bug. Possible Spolier

+
Apologize to the lady!
Well, no offence taken :p I have probably done the same thing more than thousand times...

But this bug issue is truly weird. Apparently it doesn't get fixed if if you already have a bugged game, but it should work when starting new game or stand alone ??? Could it be fixed if game is reinstalled before starting new one... Hmm... @Tenacious-P , I could suggest that you contact to RED support with this issue.

Well, no offence taken :p I have probably done the same thing more than thousand times...

My deepest apologies :shock::shock::shock: how presumptuous of me to automatically assume I was addressing a man :(

But this bug issue is truly weird. Apparently it doesn't get fixed if if you already have a bugged game, but it should work when starting new game or stand alone ??? Could it be fixed if game is reinstalled before starting new one... Hmm... @Tenacious-P , I could suggest that you contact to RED support with this issue.

To be honest if it's not going to work with my pre-existing game save & CDPR can't/won't be patching it for those of us who have saves then I'll just leave it. As I stated before, I'm not out to get the trophy. I wanted to do it in my existing story save to get the armour & just do it for completionism's sake. It'll have to stay broken unfortunately, shame as CDPR have done such a brilliant job of staying on top of updates & giving us so much to work with. Not to worry & thanks for the input :)

Maybe this game shouldn't be released that early, it should be tested throughly before its release. To let player buying a semi-finished product is not ethical.

Well I just purchased and installed the Hearts and Stone DLC on PS4. Started the DLC using my current save and came across the From Ofiers's Distant Shore quests. Found the secret hide out, killed the guards and saw the red chest. Looted it and also for me the quest ends there, no diagram. Judging from this topic, there is no proper fix :( Strange how this quest breaking bug hasn't been fixed yet :(

Judging from this topic, there is no proper fix :( Strange how this quest breaking bug hasn't been fixed yet :(

Not just quest breaking but game breaking for me. I hate having quests on my list that I can't complete, as a result I've stopped playing. Won't be returning until this is patched. If it's not patched I won't be returning at all, my OCD won't allow it!

Thanks, what does starting a standalone mean?

You practically start a new game and then it should give you the option to start HoS only (in the games main menu). You start with default Geralt, default levels and with some default items, money and armor. You also have some ability points which you can use as you wish. All main game main quests are automatically "completed" with default choices in stand alone version and your first quest there is that first HoS quest. So your own current game doesn't take affect in stand alone.

Your current game save should still be safe (if you don't overwrite it yourself), so you can grab the achievement in stand alone mode and then return back to your own game if you wish.

Last edited:
So there is actually not going to be a proper fix for this?! will have to start a new one to get this done? i mean it may not be a big deal since the quest doesn't branch off to other ones but it pisses me off having to do it all over again for a possible fix and also having this quest incomplete forever!
I'm not the tech guy here but why don't you just make it force spawn or make it available elsewhere to sort this situation?! this is very very frustrating.
To give a bit more info on it:

Using PS4 , latest patch of the game and started HoS continuing from main story.

Last edited:
So I can confirm this is still an issue even for newbies. I only got Witcher 3 on PS4 about 2 weeks ago on disc. Completed it with no real issues (couple of bugs here and there, but nothing a reload wouldn't solve) and yesterday I got the expansion pass off the PSN store. Started playing through it only to come across this bug yesterday afternoon.

This is the first quest breaking bug I've come across and now I'm stuck with it sitting in my quest log, unable to ever complete it. :( As a completionist who likes to finish everything, collect everything and explore everything, having this sitting there is actually a pretty big annoyance.

Just to confirm, the issue I'm having is I can go down into the cellar, kill the guys there and even locate the chest with my witcher senses, highlighted as red, but when i loot it I just get some normal chest loot and nothing quest related. I've looted EVERYTHING in that room just in case but my quest is still saying 'Search the bandits' hideout' with the area highlighted in a yellow circle.

Are we not ever going to get a fix for this? I realise it's difficult with how expansive the game is and how many variables there are, but like MajorDirt said, if it can't be fixed can we at least been given a second option to complete it? Or even just some way to 'fail' the quest to get it out of the treasure hunt tab! After I'm done with these expansions I will try this suggestion of starting it on a blank save to at least get the achievement, but it still doesn't solve the issue of the main save being stuck with it. Might get luck and have it work when I replay everything on NG+ too, but that's another 100+hrs away yet, plus I can't see that solving the problem...

I'm not trying to sound entitled or demanding or anything, it's just a shame to see a really great game with an issue like this is all.

[minor SPOILERs] Still bugged: From Ofier's Distant Shores

Hi,

As described at length in this thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/59747-From-Ofier-s-Distant-Shores-bug-Possible-Spolier/, the quest is bugged and unable to complete on Xbox One. After having defeated the bandits in their underground hideout, the chest which should contain the diagram contains just some general objects and nothing quest-related. The quest description still says "Search the bandits' hideout" and there's a golden circle on the map.
The bug was first discovered over a year ago (see the thread I mentioned), but unfortunately hasn't been successfully patched. I would reallyreallyreally appreciate it if this can be fixed! Aside from the Novigrad-bugs in 1.30, the game has been flawless. It's the best RPG I've ever played, and I believe the game really deserves the honor of having this fixed :) Thanks!

I can also confirm that this is still an issue on the PS4. I started the game brand new at patch 1.31 (the latest at the time of this writing). Even starting new this issue appeared and now the chest doesn't have the last diagram I need to complete the quest. I'd guess the quest broke because I started collecting the diagrams before receiving the quest itself, but that was purely by accident.

There needs to be a fix for this, one that doesn't require restarting from scratch. I have no saves back far enough to correct this.

Same problem here... After about 4 after finish the main game Witcher 3 including New Game + i decided to start HoS expenting to not find BUGs due i had manu of them due i start to play witcher 3 when the game was really new.... Unfortunately i have found a Bug just in one of the starting quest of the expansion.... Such a great game, but again... the experience have been dmg againnn for a Bug...

Now i have reported it, and all i got was... try again as an standalone game to get the achievement.. it could be solve in the future but it "depend on the priority of the developments"... What kind of answer is that for an expansion which is not even free content... people have to pay to get this expansion and it should be a priority number 1 to solve BUGS on the new contents...., this is unbelievable...

Sent a support request and their response was that there are no plans to ever fix this bug. Sounds like they are done patching the game altogether. They consider this bug fixed even though people can still reproduce it easily. I brought up the fact that people actually bought this DLC and it should work, but the reply also stated that they have no requirement to deliver a working product and linked me to their terms on it.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We work hard to try to make CD PROJEKT RED games and services work on your systems but we only have limited time to carry out tests and we don't always get everything right. Therefore, we can’t accept any liability or responsibility if CD PROJEKT RED games or services do not work fully or completely. Also, we are not responsible or liable for anything that happens to CD PROJEKT RED games or services, which is outside of our reasonable control.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://bar.cdprojektred.com/regulations/[/FONT]

hey guys, im new here. i guess ive encountered the same thing with the 'Ofieri quest' , couldnt loot the first diagram from the bandits hole. Ive just downloaded HOS & BAW last week and playing using my old save where my last Quest would be 'On Thin Ice' . This is so frustrated coz i am so Into this game for the past months. Sobs. Much help needed . Thanks in advance.

Btw im on PS4.

-Malay Gamer

I'm having the same issue right now. CD projekt red could you please let us know if youre working on a fix?

I also started my base game on the newest patch(1.31 I think). Bought the DLC about 75% through the main game. Just started Hearts of Stone this weekend and I am running into the broken chest that has a diagram other than the quest required one. I have looted everything in the hideout with no luck.

I am also stuck with the unlootable chest in the signal tower in Kaer Morhen for the Wolf gear quest, and it was not a big deal as it was free DLC. But I paid for this so I am hoping we can get a fix. It's obviously a decently common problem judging by the posts in here. Hopefully they can patch in a solution where the merchant sells the missing item. Would also be nice to get that fix for the Wolf gear quest too.

Top Bottom