From Ofier's Distant Shores bug. Possible Spolier

+
From Ofier's Distant Shores bug. Possible Spolier

When I go underground and loot the chest there is no diagram in there. The chest glows red and there is treasure but not the diagram I am looking for. Anyone else with the same issue. I'm playing on ps4.

I have the same issue on Xbox One. The first chest contains neither a scheme nor the letter you have to read to go further in this quest. I blamed the defective addon on Xbox One to cause this bug. I'm very surprised that this also happens on the PS4. Later in the quest you have to find and clear three more bandit camps. If you do this by discovering the question marks on the map, you'll find two of the schemes. The second scheme was also missing for me, so I have no chance to finish this quest. The chest that contains the second scheme could already be discovered in the "Rose on a Red Field" sidequest. There is a red glowing chest bit it also contains some other stuff. I did this quest before so I think that's the reason why the second scheme is also missing for me.

I also wrote a little more about this here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...one-updating?p=1942093&viewfull=1#post1942093

I can confirm that both quests in 1.11 are still bugged. I can still not take up the pickaxe in "Enchanting: Quality Has Its Price" and the first chest in "From Ofier's Distant Shores" still contains the wrong loot.
At least I could finally kill the werewolf in "Skellige's Most Wanted" ...

Last edited:
[QUOTE = ninconpoop; 1940026] Kun menen maan alle ja ryöstää rinnassa ei ole kaavio siellä. Rinnassa hehkuu punaisena ja on aarre, mutta ei kaavion Etsin. Kukaan muu samaa asiaa. Olen pelaa PS4. [/ Quote]

The game came to a halt this bug. I can not get any more progress in the game. As will appear in the next patch?

XBOX One

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
[QUOTE = ninconpoop; 1940026] Kun menen maan alle ja ryöstää rinnassa ei ole kaavio siellä. Rinnassa hehkuu punaisena ja on aarre, mutta ei kaavion Etsin. Kukaan muu samaa asiaa. Olen pelaa PS4. [/ Quote]

The game came to a halt this bug. I can not get any more progress in the game. As will appear in the next patch?

XBOX One

Hey, We are working on the fix to this issue. Sorry for the trouble!

I have the same issue though I started the quest kinda without order the chest in question is the last one that I need to complete the quest.

As for Enchanting: Quality Has Its Price Side Quest. I'm unable to find the pickaxe I know that I'm in the right area but nothing is highlithted red or yellow to indicated that can be interactive.
I recently bought the game from the PSN Store.

Hey, We are working on the fix to this issue. Sorry for the trouble!

Unfortunately I encountered this issue yesterday. The diagram and note are missing from the red glowing chest and as a result I can not complete that quest.

Unfortunately I encountered this issue yesterday. The diagram and note are missing from the red glowing chest and as a result I can not complete that quest.
I also encountered this issue today as well as the Wolf School Gear is still bugged for me on PS4

I also encountered this issue today as well as the Wolf School Gear is still bugged for me on PS4
Same issue here for me, also on the PS4. Can't complete the quest and therefore can't get the achievement. :/
Please look into this

FYI Patch 1.23 hasnt fixed the issue yet!!
A friendly reminder: The new 1.23 patch has not resolved this bug unfortunately.

Patch 1.23 only addressed one issue according the post about it from the reds (the quest progression breaking / NPC interaction bug). Here is the quote:

Changelog:
- Fixes bug blocking game progression for some players

Note: If you encountered problems with interactive NPCs and items in Patch 1.22, you might experience a glitch which causes the game to show a number of scenes simultaneously after loading your save. After this you'll be able to continue playing without any further problems.

Patch 1.23 only addressed one issue according the post about it from the reds (the quest progression breaking / NPC interaction bug). Here is the quote:

Yes but why was it mentioned in 1.22 with "Fixes issue whereby diagrams required to progress in the "From Ofier's Distant Shores" questcould not be looted from a chest" ?

For me, on a ps4 this issue is still not fixed 10 months after the DLC was released. Every game has its bugs, we know that but after 10 months this issue has still not been resolved?!? This must be a joke, really!

Can confirm that the quest is bugged... Impossible to finish it. Just when I think that there will be no more bugs, another one pops up. Is there at least any known workaround for it?

Still bugged for me after 1.22 (the fix) and 1.30. I tried completing this prior to finishing the main story line and after the main story line. I've tried talking to the merchant first before collecting any diagrams and after collecting 1, then 2 then 3. I haven't tried completing the red rose side quest, so I may try that first, but so far, nothing. Still no diagram in the chest.

Be sure you are playing through the quest from the beginning (before it appeared in your journal). Unfortunately, certain fixes are not always retroactive. Not sure if that's the case here.

Be sure you are playing through the quest from the beginning (before it appeared in your journal). Unfortunately, certain fixes are not always retroactive. Not sure if that's the case here.

That's definitely not the case.. I recently purchased Witcher 3 and DLC. I was probably only level 10 when patch 1.3 was installed. Just ran into the bug. I even reloaded a save before starting any DLC quests so that I could get the diagram from Rose on a Red Field first (I had read elsewhere that that may fix the bug)

No luck, sadly.

I didn't play this game until 1.23, so it all should have been fixed prior, but even so, I did do it before anything popped in my journal, several different ways. I wish someone could just confirm a work around. I've been trying every way I would think of (all starting with a save that does not have the quest started yet), and it still does not appear in the chest.

And tech support is a joke. "just skip the quest." There are multiple quests connected to this, and half of the areas with chests connected to this. This is the email i received:

" Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
As for now, I can only advise you to skip this quest or start the expansion in standalone mode after you back up your game saves and do the quest for the trophy. you can also try to load earlier save and try again. Fixing it depends on development priorities."

So I'm sure this is not a "priority".

Last edited:
Top Bottom