From Software: The Future of SoulsBorne & New Projects

+

Guest 4149880

From Software: The Future of SoulsBorne & New Projects

I bring you here to discuss the future of From Software and the Souls/Borne series and what you'd like to see from their upcoming titles and also what ideas you have that you wish From Software would discover.

What we know so far. From Software has three new projects in development. One is an Armored Core reboot, the second is an unknown game that the president of From Software and lead creator Hidetaka Miyazaki himself calls "A little weird". The third is a dark fantasy game that Miyazaki says is supposed to fall in line with what fans would expect. Assuming that's something similar to the Souls/Borne games, hopefully.

Considering From Software is supposedly finished with the Dark Souls series and says after Dark Souls 3, it will be a turning point for the series, its hard to say what that really means in terms of where they'll take their games in the future but I really hope they don't turn their back on what made their name. I'd like to see them venture off into different creative avenues for other projects, but still continue the Souls/Borne formula with new settings for example, how they've done with the Call of Cthulhu inspirations for Bloodborne.

I personally love the Demons/ Dark Souls series and Bloodborne, and hoping for a Bloodborne sequel. I'd really love to see From Software visit the Cyberpunk genre and use this Sci-Fi setting with their existing Souls/Borne formula. I think that would be a dream come true.

What are your thoughts or ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom