[FRUSTRATING BUG] Alchemy / Crafting / Glyphs / Runestones (Patch 1.05)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekc

Forum regular
[FRUSTRATING BUG] Alchemy / Crafting / Glyphs / Runestones (Patch 1.05)

Ok... So. I'm playing for the second time, started just before the 1.05 patch as I new it's very close. First gameplay I encountered A LOT of game-ruining bugs, like "An Eye for an Eye" and so on. But... First week of game release. But this is the gameplay after 3-4 patches, it's different...

Current bugs related to the topic:

1) Alchemy - can't craft alcohol or mutagens if you have them in your inventory. You need to drop, craft, drop, craft, so on. Then pick up.

2) I had 8 "Glyph of Quen" in my inventory as per patch 1.04 (5% buff, was called exactly "Glyph of Quen"). After patch 1.05 they still give 5%, but now they are called "Lesser Glyph of Quen" and CANNOT BE USED TO CRAFT "Greater Glyph of Quen". Proof - video at the end of the post.

3) When you buy "Lesser Glyph of Infusion" needed to craft any "Lesser Glyph of...", it does not appear anywhere in "Crafting" or "Achemy". Proof - video at the end of the post.

So... During my first gameplay I had a lot of "empty" sockets, cause I couldn't buy greater ones after 1.04, I couldn't craft them, and the ones I found were NOT ENOUGH. Now (second play)... I had a lot of "Glyphs of Quen", I know you added A LOT of runestones, glyphs, diagrams to Gremist in 1.05 and was eager to go and craft my Greater Glyphs of Quen. But... Freaking BUGS! Still empty sockets and can't do anything except buying Greater Glyphs of Quen for 2000 each!

I found these bugs during like 30 minutes of my gameplay after patch 1.05.

[Sard Edit: Aaand now we lose it a little. TOO BAD! All that writing, wasted because you couldn't keep your temper. Is that a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can personally confirm 1-5 bugs, they're extremely annoying, especially the glyph one and mutagen one. Really wish they'd issue a freaking hotfix for this, it literally breaks the game for anyone who crafts.

Crafting issue seems to be universal, had it as well, seen multiple reports. For the glyphs, I noticed that none of the ones I had were usable to upgrade. Ended up just selling them and buying the few I needed, yes it's a bug but it's not a disaster, the game has a loot-overload.

Cat techniques not working is irritating, why the hell am I running around in light armor...

By the way, thanks for making me laugh, but Geralt's horse is named "Roach". Roche, aka Vernon Roche, is a character in the game; the leader of the Blue Stripes. That made for a hilarious mental image.

This bugs is very annoying, more and new bugs... But the comunity impatience is a part of this mistake: IF the patch not go out quickly users go out of head, IF the patch is not properly tested (but patches go out weekly) users is not properly happy. You can't have your cake and eat it.
ehm...at least i'm between the impatience users, for the fair-play :cheers:

Mekc

Forum regular
By the way, thanks for making me laugh, but Geralt's horse is named "Roach". Roche, aka Vernon Roche, is a character in the game; the leader of the Blue Stripes. That made for a hilarious mental image.

Ahaha, sorry )

Actually Vernon ROCHE and horse ROACH has the same prononciation, so I didn't even think for a moment that they are spelled differently!!!

:D

Yeah. can confirm that alchemy is pretty messed up right now. It seems that every new patch introduces new game breaking bugs. How this flew under their radar is beyond me.

Actually Vernon ROCHE and horse ROACH has the same prononciation, so I didn't even think for a moment that they are spelled differently!!!:D

Nope. That was just the voice actors not acknowledging that Vernon is pronounced French like "rosh/rosch" an the horse is " roatsh/roatsch" (don't know the English phonetic language, sorry).

But on topic: yes, I'm having the runes/glyph issues as well and the mutagens...

Can confirm 1 to 3.
Almost game breaking and yes this is a f***ing disgrace, they delayed the game for months, to release a somewhat broken mess and with patch 1.05 managed to fix almost noting and break the game instead.
The worst part is that they released the patch 3 days ago and no one from red has even responded to any post mentioning the Bug.

[DB edit - I think you meant to add this instead of an offensive joke. Fixed it for you]

Last edited by a moderator:
You should also add the fact that mutagens are bugged in your character point slots as well. You have to re equip them after each fast travel or after loading a savegame for them to take effect. Just try it and you will see different numbers.

Hey, you know how we stop "bump" threads around here? C'mon. Guess.

No, it has -nothing- to do with voluptuous bovines. More's the pity.

We lock the thread! Yes!

Everything here has been mentioned already. VENTING COMPLETE, DUMP THE AIRLOCK.

Just a few pointers regarding bug reporting and being helpful in the forums.
1. Please check to see if the bug you're reporting has already been reported. It's more useful for everyone if you add to an existing thread rather than starting a new one, as it makes it clear that the bug is affecting many people, and, if there's a solution, it gets known about faster. All of the bugs issues in this thread had already been reported by others.
2. If one bug is "new" listing multiple problems in one post increases the chances of it NOT being noticed. Unless they're clearly related, please keep them separate.
3. There is NO excuse for insulting other people, including CDPR staff.
4. Ponies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom