Fucusya is broken! Why aren't the devs doing anything about it???

+
That's just [...] ridiculous. I did not encounter much of this deck for some reason, but when it did, it was mayhem. Just last game some dude did about 50 points of damage in one move. NO [...] card in the game should be able to do it under ANY circumstances. This MUST be sorted asap!

Last edited by a moderator:
How did it do 50 poinst of damage in one move ?
Morkvarg ? And if so, how is the issue from your perspective not Morkvarg ?
Or did you exaggerate due to you assuming it would support your case against Fucusya ?

How did it do 50 poinst of damage in one move ?
Morkvarg ? And if so, how is the issue from your perspective not Morkvarg ?
Or did you exaggerate due to you assuming it would support your case against Fucusya ?
No, I do not exaggerate. He used Fulmar to replace rain with storm and then Fucusya that summoned Rioghan to convert all that damage in one turn.

And in the game just before that there was at least 30 points hit with a different pull, but still WAY TOO MUCH for one card that costs 14 provisions.

Basically, ANY time I see Fucusya it converts into a ridiculous amount of points. And it MUST be addressed because conditions for the pull are very easy to meet and it cannot be stopped anyhow because it's a deploy ability.

Last edited:
No, I do not exaggerate. He used Fulmar to replace rain with storm and then Fucusya that summoned Rioghan to convert all that damage in one turn.

And in the game just before that I had there was at least 30 points hit with a different pull, but still WAY TOO MUCH for one card that costs 14 provisions.

Basically, ANY time I see Fucusya it converts into a ridiculous amount of points. And it MUST be addressed because conditions for the pull are very easy to meet and it cannot be stopped anyhow because it's a deploy ability.
So Rioghan was the issue.

So Rioghan was the issue.
No. Read closely what I'm talking about. There are multiple options for Fucusya to pull and however the game goes there will be a convenient option that will generate lots of points. And Rioghan is just one of the common choices because he already starts in the grave.

And in the game just before that there was at least 30 points hit with a different pull, but still WAY TOO MUCH for one card that costs 14 provisions.

I can't can't address the 30 point Fucusya as I don't have details. And I won't address the power level of Fucusya which I think is far more complex than simply showing instances where it played for a lot of points. I do want to address the 50 point Fucusya described here.

This 50 point swing required a whole lot more than just slapping down one card (Fucusya) at an opportune moment. It required 1. Rioghan in the graveyard, 2. Fulmar to convert rain to storm, 3. Lots of rain (which would require full leader or unchecked Melusine, or a lot of low value rain generators, 4. One or more copies of Messenger of the Sea, 5. Many opposing units to hit. This is not 50 points in one 14-provision card as you claim. And unlike a lot of the highly powered combinations at the moment, this one is highly counterable. The 50 point conclusion can easily be foreseen before the first card is played. It could be stopped by removing Rioghan from the graveyard. It could be significantly mitigated by controlling Fulmar, or Messinger of the Sea, or Melusine. Or it can be addressed strategically by not allowing a long round three to set up all the pieces needed. Or by bleeding to split apart the key cards. Or by saving your no-unit and high provision cards for round three to have minimize targets for storm. And if your deck can do none of these things, you either have a poorly conceived deck, or you have a greedy deck that encountered one of the bad matchups that balance the good matchups it has. In any case, I would not call this "broken" -- I would call it strategically challenging -- which is exactly what the game should be.

I can't can't address the 30 point Fucusya as I don't have details. And I won't address the power level of Fucusya which I think is far more complex than simply showing instances where it played for a lot of points. I do want to address the 50 point Fucusya described here.

This 50 point swing required a whole lot more than just slapping down one card (Fucusya) at an opportune moment. It required 1. Rioghan in the graveyard, 2. Fulmar to convert rain to storm, 3. Lots of rain (which would require full leader or unchecked Melusine, or a lot of low value rain generators, 4. One or more copies of Messenger of the Sea, 5. Many opposing units to hit. This is not 50 points in one 14-provision card as you claim. And unlike a lot of the highly powered combinations at the moment, this one is highly counterable. The 50 point conclusion can easily be foreseen before the first card is played. It could be stopped by removing Rioghan from the graveyard. It could be significantly mitigated by controlling Fulmar, or Messinger of the Sea, or Melusine. Or it can be addressed strategically by not allowing a long round three to set up all the pieces needed. Or by bleeding to split apart the key cards. Or by saving your no-unit and high provision cards for round three to have minimize targets for storm. And if your deck can do none of these things, you either have a poorly conceived deck, or you have a greedy deck that encountered one of the bad matchups that balance the good matchups it has. In any case, I would not call this "broken" -- I would call it strategically challenging -- which is exactly what the game should be.
That deck runs with defender and Sukrus, so unless I have at least two instant removals in my hand of that 7 point + 2 armor defender, the game is done. Why 2 instant removals? Because that deck also typically has at least two spells to resurrect. Is it easy to achieve defender + Sukrus to stay alive? Yes. And conditions that are required for Fucusya to have a blast are also very easy to achieve. That deck naturally has lots of rain generators, etc. etc. Suffice to say, I have never yet encountered a game with a rain deck when Fucusya did NOT bring a lot of damage or wasn't played at all. It is very consistent and easy to use. Yeah, let's call it "strategically challenging"...

Tailoring any deck to specifically deal with Fucusya would be bad game design. Similar problem has happened before with some other OP cards that were quickly nerfed. Fucusya should be the next on that list.

Yeah, the problem with her is that she can't brick, her ability to spawn up to 6 TURNS of rain means the only way for her to brick is if you banish ALL UNITS in his gy which is pretty much impossible since they always instantly whack Xavier Lemmens when they see him played so you can only banish one of his cards most of the time (or in case they pass you'd need to go a card down to banish another card).

The one thing I will however give as positive points to the devs is that since they gave all factions some graveyard mechanic means that a card like Xavier Lemmens or Squirrel will not brick as often as it was before when it was only MO or SK which could feel threatened by attacking their graveyard (while in other cases it's just a brick). So bravo on that, good decision.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yes, Fucusya is still obviously overtuned, and the attempt to nerf it (from 5 power to 4, then 13 to 14 provisions) is laughable, its obvious this card needed more than a base strength or provision nerf to be balanced, otherwise its auto-include and fits every SK deck.

However, the problem OP describes, basically the rain archetype that was supported in PoP part 3, HoS, the root of the problem is not Fucusya, its Rioghan AND messenger of the sea. You can check my SK no legendaries - rain version deck i posted a few weeks ago - i was able to do those 50 pt swings in a turn even without Fulmar or Melusine.

Also, this deck got indirectly stronger with time - because during the month that HoS launched, in October, EVERYONE was including graveyard hate in their decks, as it was not just SK that had cards to be countered this way, it was almost all factions. But time has passed, the meta has changed, and now its actually stronger to run rain decks as there's less graveyard hate going around.

Fucusya is quite easy to fix (or at least to be made more reasonable). First, she should summon, not play (fixing Fucusya+Junod overused combo), only adding rain if it's Rioghan (and not applying all damage at once - all weather damage is and must remain slow). And Messengers of the Sea should be made row-dependent, same as old Greatswords were).
Or you could play some no-unit degeneracy or new Onslaught with tons of armors that makes rains and storm almost useless. Until these remain unfixed, Fucusya isn't the worst this game has to offer

Fucusya is quite easy to fix (or at least to be made more reasonable). First, she should summon, not play
That would make her horrid, I quite like her as a card but recognise she is somewhat OP, but summoning rather than playing makes her just a glorified Sigrifa's Rite, in other words, really unintresting.

And anyways, I think Fucusya should not get anymore nerfs until the card that can copy her (and any other unit card) gets a proper nerf, Terranova.

Rioghan and huge point swing cards with so few counters are the issue. Like boring uninteractive traps and King of Beggars.

Any card that brings back cards from the graveyard is fundamentally broken
Totally disagree.
Can't be "fundamentally", depend on a lot of factors (bronze or also gold, does it trigger deploy, is there additionnal effect, how much does it cost to that etc...)
So bringing back from GY is not necessarily broken.

Totally disagree.
Can't be "fundamentally", depend on a lot of factors (bronze or also gold, does it trigger deploy, is there additionnal effect, how much does it cost to that etc...)
So bringing back from GY is not necessarily broken.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I believe after playing a specific card it is gone. Not that it keeps coming back.

Can somebody PLEASE address the Fuckusya!

Why are the devs so ignorant? Just watch the streams if you don't play the game. The chains related to Fucusya are all deploy-deploy-deploy. It is pretty much unstoppable and plays for 30-50 points easily. I hate this card and I blame the devs for doing shit about it!

Last edited:
Can somebody PLEASE address the Fuckusya!

Why are the devs so ignorant? Just watch the streams if you don't play the game. The chains related to Fucusya are all deploy-deploy-deploy. It is pretty much unstoppable and plays for 30-50 points easily. I hate this card and I blame the devs for doing shit about it!
What can you say? I seems the devs just love their pointslams. All they had to do is replace Fucusya's deployment with spawning and rebalance her a bit. They could even add provision cost to Melusine to put her out of Fucusya's range. My SK decks would only benefit from this, for example.

Top Bottom