Fucusya is broken! Why aren't the devs doing anything about it???

+
What can you say? I seems the devs just love their pointslams. All they had to do is replace Fucusya's deployment with spawning and rebalance her a bit. They could even add provision cost to Melusine to put her out of Fucusya's range. My SK decks would only benefit from this, for example.
Truth to be told, most of her prime targets are almost always non-deploy anyway (Havfrue, Preacher, Coral) - the deck that uses her deploy is mostly Pirates, and they are far from being overly dominant.

Truth to be told, most of her prime targets are almost always non-deploy anyway (Havfrue, Preacher, Coral) - the deck that uses her deploy is mostly Pirates, and they are far from being overly dominant.
I also met her in one of the overly annoying witchers decks. She was redeploying the witcher that kills a damaged unit.
Never used Fucusya for that. Neither for any targets you mentioned.
So maybe it's not Fucusya to blame, but overused netdecks with some stiff combos.

In my opinion, they will not significantly nerf or change any newer cards cause that would then be admitting that they were badly balanced/designed/planned - And they absolutely REFUSE to do such a thing!
Instead they will act as if it's all the older cards that are bad and need balancing, xD not the few new cards, just to make their latest decisions not seem bad even though we can all plainly see it (that they ARE bad).

And as long as this is their approach to the matter, there is no hope for the game. :[

In my opinion, they will not significantly nerf or change any newer cards cause that would then be admitting that they were badly balanced/designed/planned - And they absolutely REFUSE to do such a thing!
Instead they will act as if it's all the older cards that are bad and need balancing, xD not the few new cards, just to make their latest decisions not seem bad even though we can all plainly see it (that they ARE bad).

And as long as this is their approach to the matter, there is no hope for the game. :[
Yes, like they did with Milva, not nerfing her...
Kkkw

What I critize the most about Fucusya is that she is so similiar to Harald an Craite and can allow replay powerful strong gold deployers.

My nerf would be as follows: Power 5, provisions 14
Deploy: Play a Skellige beast from your graveyard with a provision cost of 10 or less and give it Doomed, then Spawn Rain on the opposite row with a duration equal to unused provisions.

=> This would make sure that she fits only in specific decks and make her deploy much more risky (no beasts in your gaveyard).

What I critize the most about Fucusya is that she is so similiar to Harald an Craite and can allow replay powerful strong gold deployers.

Deploy: Play a Skellige beast from your graveyard with a provision cost of 10 or less and give it Doomed, then Spawn Rain on the opposite row with a duration equal to unused provisions.

=> This would make sure that she fits only in specific decks and make her deploy much more risky (no beasts in your gaveyard).
This is a valid approach, however beast tag would be near useless and would restrict her to some niche meme decks. I do not think that is the right way to address it. Some sort of limitation on her ability is necessary though, I admit.
I also agree that she is way too similar in design to two already existing SK cards, Rite and Harald - she is just simply a better version.

This is a valid approach, however beast tag would be near useless and would restrict her to some niche meme decks. I do not think that is the right way to address it. Some sort of limitation on her ability is necessary though, I admit.
I also agree that she is way too similar in design to two already existing SK cards, Rite and Harald - she is just simply a better version.

Beast allows access to Melussine (standard target of Fucusya) and Messenger of the Sea. She would definitely fit into a rain-heavy deck. Also in self-wound decks she can target Olaf and Dracoturtle.

I think this is the worst idea on how to modify her. That would actually make her a clone for Harald - weaker because of much fewer useful target, (with spawning Rain as a potential (slow) compensation). Besides, no beasts use Deploy, so why not replace it with spawning anyway? Just to make them potential targets for traps or that dueling Bear witcher? And this will kill her combo with Rioghan - I know many people hate it, but it at least makes sense lore-wise and is an interesting take on the weather effects, which is a rare occasion in modern Gwent.
So I still think making her spawn units instead of deploying them is a better option. THIS way she'll be most used in her thematic decks.
Maybe she should also be nerfed down to 3 (potentially to 2), so Rite with 8 provisions could be a justifiable replacement.

Really, with all the stuff going on that is the card that you are going for? Sure, let's kill off another faction, because only when every single deck played is either NG or SY the game will be healthy .... :rolleyes:

Really, with all the stuff going on that is the card that you are going for? Sure, let's kill off another faction, because only when every single deck played is either NG or SY the game will be healthy .... :rolleyes:
Of course. Because I actually don't have a grudge with many other things, but I have it with this card.
By the way, I just watched in a feed some video where Fucusya and did 150+ points swing. Do you know any other card that can do it?

I get the rants on Gwent meta, balance and mechanics but I really don't understand how people expect to pick up the game and right away start winning against experienced meta players. What kind of a shit game would that be if that was possible

Of course. Because I actually don't have a grudge with many other things, but I have it with this card.
By the way, I just watched in a feed some video where Fucusya and did 150+ points swing. Do you know any other card that can do it?

Link that video, because with SK a 150 point swing is close to impossible unless the opponent is 150 points ahead on one card and you rez Mork. So I call utter BS. If that happened it was a one of kind thing that happens once in a thousand games.

My Salamander deck on the other hand basically makes 100+ points last round every single time. Meditating mages can generate 20+ points per round engine value with no trouble, same with Gerni, Kolgrim and the other shit show cards. But suuuure, Fucusya is the problem.

You lost a few games to SK, get over it. There are plenty of answers against SK.

Link that video, because with SK a 150 point swing is close to impossible unless the opponent is 150 points ahead on one card and you rez Mork. So I call utter BS. If that happened it was a one of kind thing that happens once in a thousand games.

My Salamander deck on the other hand basically makes 100+ points last round every single time. Meditating mages can generate 20+ points per round engine value with no trouble, same with Gerni, Kolgrim and the other shit show cards. But suuuure, Fucusya is the problem.

You lost a few games to SK, get over it. There are plenty of answers against SK.
Hate to agree, but yes, Fucusia is outright benign compared to KoB, Salamander, Freakshow, Alumni and unlimited NG copy works.

But I wouldn't call BS on 150 point swings. After all, not all decks have answers to Messengers and Rioghan, and these numbers seem to be close to what actually happens when this combo isn't countered. Granted, ascribing all of this value to Fucusia alone is a mistake, but it's a thing that happens.

Hey, mate, if this lovely lass can do it, so can you. So, don't call things impossible just because you can't fathom how to do it :coolstory:
Watch the 26th minute...

Last edited:
Nice 150 point play, but it wasn't Fucusya, it was a lot of set up, Offering, Rioghan and 2 Mesengers that did the damage.

Hey, mate, if this lovely lass can do it, so can you. So, don't call things impossible just because you can't fathom how to do it :coolstory:
Watch the 26th minute...
There is literally nothing happening in relation to Fucusya here. The only thing that is even related to her is spawning rain on a row.

She is used way before to resurrect a bronze card from the graveyard, something that a bunch of cards with way less Provision can do.

Fucusya generates too much rain IMO. Her best feature is that she makes a 4 prov card gain an extra 6 turns of rain (12 points) which is just absurd.

If you play her to resurrect a 4 prov card you can generate anywhere from 20 to 24 points. And if you use to res a high end gold, chances are you'll get even more points. There is no downside to Fucusya, which is the real problem.

Resurrecting bronzes should not generate 20+ points, just absurd... The amount of rain generated should be cut in half. This would also lessen abuse potential with Rioghan and Messanger of the Sea.

But nerfing Fucusya is just one of many nerfs needed for busted cards in this game. KoB + Jackpot, Assimilate being able to copy golds, the randomness of Bribery, so many strong combos in this game means that if you nerf some of the top ones, you also need to nerf the next 3 in line behind it or else the meta just shifts to a single new deck.

If you play her to resurrect a 4 prov card you can generate anywhere from 20 to 24 points. And if you use to res a high end gold, chances are you'll get even more points. There is no downside to Fucusya, which is the real problem.
There is, though. She is extremely expensive, on par with certain scenarios, which lowers the quality of your deck in general. And unlike scenarios, Fucusya doesn't offer any further value - you get a unit and/or some rain, and that's it. If you res a high-cost unit in particular, she's basically a glorified Renew (which is significantly cheaper). The only context where this could be a problem is full-on rain SK, but that's more of a Messengers/Rioghan/Melusine issue.
Resurrecting bronzes should not generate 20+ points, just absurd... The amount of rain generated should be cut in half. This would also lessen abuse potential with Rioghan and Messanger of the Sea.
...or we could fix Rioghan and Messengers, who are the actual problem instead.

"...or we could fix Rioghan and Messengers, who are the actual problem instead."

Haven't seen these cards in over 50 pro games this meta so far. Why do you insist on nerfing them? Only person I've seen use them was me, in several decks I've tested in pro rank.

Sorry, but people who don't make it to pro rank have no qualifications to comment on balance. You aren't playing optimally and insist on nerfing B tier cards.

"...or we could fix Rioghan and Messengers, who are the actual problem instead."

Haven't seen these cards in over 50 pro games this meta so far. Why do you insist on nerfing them? Only person I've seen use them was me, in several decks I've tested in pro rank.

Sorry, but people who don't make it to pro rank have no qualifications to comment on balance. You aren't playing optimally and insist on nerfing B tier cards.
I'm in pro rank easily.
I don't encounter Fucusya too often but it's frustrating when I do.
The card is out of balance big time. People who know how to use the combos will have no problem whatsoever to deal with the current meta.

I'm in pro rank easily.
I don't encounter Fucusya too often but it's frustrating when I do.
The card is out of balance big time. People who know how to use the combos will have no problem whatsoever to deal with the current meta.

Was talking about Rioghan and Messenger.

Top Bottom