Full CD-Action review translation

+
OurBenefactors said:
OurBenefactors said:
OurBenefactors said:
I would be cautious with this 24 hours for main story-only. In the paper version they wrote: "Nieśpieszne przejście całości zajmuje zaś około 24 godzin..." which could be somewhat translated to: Unhurried playthrough of everything is around 24 hours. Now, they either made a mistake in the paper mag, or on the online site.
Ever heard of a thing called "correction"? The quote you mentioned is both in the paper review and the online summary. After a while, one of the (senior) staff members pointed out it was in relation to the main story arch and with sidequests the game is at least twice as long. There's nothing to be cautious about.
Yes, I've heard about thing called correction, but as I've said, I just don't trust their reviews, especially after giving perfect 10s to pseudo-rpgs. But that is my opinion, only. I guess we just have to wait for release day and check for ourselves.I didn't want to start flame war or something, so I'm sorry.
The problem is that many reviewers compares most if not all RPG productions to recent BioWare games which arent much of RPGs anymore, so i hope still deep in my heart it was only theyrs score to score comparision not gameplay/story/RPG one ... But in around 7 days we all will find out about that

OurBenefactors said:
OurBenefactors said:
OurBenefactors said:
I would be cautious with this 24 hours for main story-only. In the paper version they wrote: "Nieśpieszne przejście całości zajmuje zaś około 24 godzin..." which could be somewhat translated to: Unhurried playthrough of everything is around 24 hours. Now, they either made a mistake in the paper mag, or on the online site.
Ever heard of a thing called "correction"? The quote you mentioned is both in the paper review and the online summary. After a while, one of the (senior) staff members pointed out it was in relation to the main story arch and with sidequests the game is at least twice as long. There's nothing to be cautious about.
Yes, I've heard about thing called correction, but as I've said, I just don't trust their reviews, especially after giving perfect 10s to pseudo-rpgs. But that is my opinion, only. I guess we just have to wait for release day and check for ourselves.I didn't want to start flame war or something, so I'm sorry.
Stop calling ME2 a "pseudo rpg" then. It's not.I'm fine with a 40-50 hour game doing everything. Never expected this game to be more than 50 hours at the maximum. And I'm not at all surprised with a disappointing ending. A game with 16 endings? They probably aren't very strong.

About the endings thing - sigh. It's less unique endings, and more variations on a theme.Say, in TW1 you had three main versions of the ending: neutral, sided with the Order, sided with the Scoia'tael. And then those had various smaller decisions, like if you took the curse off Adda or killed her. Still, even the three main endings shared common elements, and ended with the same final cliffanger cutscene with the assassination attempt on Foltest.

first of all - linear games tend to be shorter. TW2 is semi linear therefor semi-long. if i get to spend around 30 hours in it including side quests, while it is a lil short compared to other RPGs it's not surprising when considering it's linear structure. and i wouldnt count on 16 ending to be something worth replying. do u really believe the endings are going to be different? i guess it'll have most endings the same with small changes of a dude from 10 hours ago who is alive or dead, a certain girl WITH geralt or WITHOUT or other small changes like that. I really dount that after seeing 2 or 3 endings the game will feel different in the 4th time. it's going to be the exact same experience with very small changes. yeah, if there is one area that can only be played if u make a certain choice differently than THAT's worth replying BUT CDPR wouldnt spend a lot of time in a content that not everyone will explore so i assume that the chapter that isnt mandatory will be the shortest and poorest of them all.ppl are expecting this game to be the end of all RPGs that they are ready to believe evey wishful thinking they have. i am pretty sure that the game is going to be relatively short (the more money CDPR invest in visuals and animations and voice acting etc, the less money they have to put into more quests and mechanics. TW2 looks great, therefore i assume it's not going to be THAT long) and relatively linear and look great but let's not expect the world of it and try to convince ourselves so extremely hard that there is a mistake in the review. accept the reality that this game is going to have enough flaws and it's NOT GOING TO LIVE UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS! not cuz it's a bad game but because ppl here expect it to be the world's best RPG.PS - the earlier reviews are ALWAYS the most positive. the reviews that come out after the game's official date are the ones u can count on. i would not be surprised to see 7.5 or 8.0 in the final reviews and hear plenty of things that will disappoint. just prepare yourself. i know i am.

Kodaemon said:
There's a big poster of Geralt's ugly mug in the mag, here's a cellphone pic of it (TW1EE dvd box for size comparison):
So in the end we really get Patrick Stewart in the role of Geralt... :p

"CD Projekt had created an rpg the story and quality of which can only be matched by Mass Effect 2"Since when is ME2 some sort of standard for RPG greatness?

HomemComH said:
"CD Projekt had created an rpg the story and quality of which can only be matched by Mass Effect 2"Since when is ME2 some sort of standard for RPG greatness?
Since it won near universal acclaim and game of the year awards? Or should they compare it to a 5 year old game instead?

Can someone link/quote the other reviewer saying the 24 hour playthrough wasn't with sidequests?

Exuro89 said:
Can someone link/quote the other reviewer saying the 24 hour playthrough wasn't with sidequests?
I think it's just the plot without sidequests but still disappointing.

Daymiena said:
Daymiena said:
Since it won near universal acclaim and game of the year awards? Or should they compare it to a 5 year old game instead?
Since I have to spell it out for you: Mass Effect 2 is rubbish.

fchopin said:
fchopin said:
I think it's just the plot without sidequests but still disappointing.
24 hours for only the main quest is fine for me. A majority of my time in TW1 was spent doing sidequests. Just need the quote. Google translate doesn't translate comments. >_>

HomemComH said:
HomemComH said:
HomemComH said:
No it's not. I don't agree with you. The majority of the gaming industry doesn't agree with you. The sales don't agree with you. Calling it rubbish is pathetic.

Moutch2 said:
ME2 is a bad game. Everybody knows that.
Yeah well that's just like your opinion man. I loved ME2 for what it was and I love ME1 for what it is. :)As for TW2 review: 9.5 is not bad and the highest it could have got with the system that they review in. In fact the rating scale should be out of 9.5 since 10 is not achievable but whatever. The review is not very good: OMG AMAZING GRAPHICS BEST IN ANY RPG ... yeah 9/10; wtf? 24 hours satisfying an rpg gamer; wtf? I guess it is either a mistake or not including side quests.

Daymiena said:
Daymiena said:
Daymiena said:
Daymiena said:
No it's not. I don't agree with you. The majority of the gaming industry doesn't agree with you. The sales don't agree with you. Calling it rubbish is pathetic.
The majority of the gaming industry thought GTA4's story was oscar worthy. In other words, their opinion means squat as do all of ours. Also sales say nothing about the quality of a game. In the end only you can decide if it's a great game or a bad game.

Exuro89 said:
Exuro89 said:
Exuro89 said:
Exuro89 said:
Exuro89 said:
The majority of the gaming industry thought GTA4's story was oscar worthy. In other words, their opinion means squat as do all of ours. Also sales say nothing about the quality of a game. In the end only you can decide if it's a great game or a bad game.
The majority of the gaming industry thought GTA4's story was Oscar worthy? Really? Highly doubt it. You may have found a few people who said that, but a majority of the gaming industry? No.You can only take the " only you can decide if a game is good or not" so far. There's a set amount of games out there, and us as human beings can set standards for quality and compare them among other games. In this case, whether you liked the game or not, if you know anything about the quality of the average video game you'd know calling ME2 rubbish is simply absurd. It's forum fanboyism, plain and simple.

Daymiena said:
Worst post on the InternetI'm waiting for a real TW2 review. This one seems to have been rushed to come out today.

yayodeanno said:
So in the end we really get Patrick Stewart in the role of Geralt... :p
Huh?Did you mean to insult Patrick or Geralt and what do they have in common?Anyway, graphics 9/10 after they called it best of all? Huh?Did they ever play a real rpg?And how CAN you even play a game like that without doing quests?I'm gonna say that I value more the opinion of someone who really plays the game for the love of it. But that will take some time yet, you can't rush that kind of love, after all. :)

LOL whats with all the Mass Effect bashing. Sorry it wasn't "hardcore" enough for you guys. It was a great game.

many other factors than just not being "hardcore". but no one's bashing mass effect, they're just saying the comparison was completely out of place, which is completely true. mass effect is definitely not on the same level once you step back and compare both on an objective basis.but what can you do. these guys seem to be more action oriented reviewers so i doubt they payed attention or were observant of the qualities that sets wither 2 far far apart from everyone else.

Top Bottom