Full CD-Action review translation

+
fchopin said:
fchopin said:
fchopin said:
fchopin said:
This is ridiculous, why doesn't someone from CDPR just tell us approximately how long the game is.
They did. But they lied.Every developper does that. It's a shame CDPR did too.
Wow that's really disappointing.. 24hours main storyline + most sidequests... We were originally promised by Gop that it was at least 40hours...
If this is true i will be very disappointed.
IF it's really true.. I won't be getting the 2nd copy of the game. Shame on CDPR.

Ok, here's a quote from someone with a preview build:
Firing up The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings was like jumping into a long-awaited entry to a favorite book series for me, and having spent a good 15+ hours with the prologue and first act, I'm happy to report that CD Projekt RED has defied the odds and actually outdone themselves with this second installment. So how did I come to that conclusion? Let me tell you
.So, if he spent 15+ hours on the prologue and chapter 1, and the total game length is only 30 hours (since the guy that said it was 24 hours said he DIDN'T complete all the quests), that means that chapter 2, 3 and the epilogue are only 15 hours combined? I find that hard to believe. I think it's more likely that if you were to attempt to do all the main quest and side quests you'd be closer to the 40 hour mark.-5 hours prologue-10 hours for each chapter-few hours in the epilogue

freakie1one said:
Ok, here's a quote from someone with a preview build:
Firing up The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings was like jumping into a long-awaited entry to a favorite book series for me, and having spent a good 15+ hours with the prologue and first act, I'm happy to report that CD Projekt RED has defied the odds and actually outdone themselves with this second installment. So how did I come to that conclusion? Let me tell you
.So, if he spent 15+ hours on the prologue and chapter 1, and the total game length is only 30 hours (since the guy that said it was 24 hours said he DIDN'T complete all the quests), that means that chapter 2, 3 and the epilogue are only 15 hours combined? I find that hard to believe. I think it's more likely that if you were to attempt to do all the main quest and side quests you'd be closer to the 40 hour mark.-5 hours prologue-10 hours for each chapter-few hours in the epilogue
Or it's a Risen syndrome :first chapter 10 hoursSecond chapter 7 hoursLast chapter 3 hours

archaven said:
archaven said:
The said the epiloge was very short
There's no confirmation from CDPR when there's so much commotion in the forum. Most probably it's true the game is short.
Hmm, when has CDPR ever monitored the forums closely? We're lucky if they post in the English forums a few times a month.

freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
The said the epiloge was very short
There's no confirmation from CDPR when there's so much commotion in the forum. Most probably it's true the game is short.
Hmm, when has CDPR ever monitored the forums closely? We're lucky if they post in the English forums a few times a month.
Yes, I doubt they have even picked up on it, yet. Hence it doesn't mean anything that they didn't react. This just doesn't go with the many locations, they spoke about in the trailers - unless you speed through every village with your sword drawn and slaughter all the villagers instead of doing the actual gameplay. ;P

seriously you need to stop complaining all of you, you're basing your complaint on one literally one review which could be rushed.

Guys don't make it so dramatic :)As enki said and I wrote in one of my posts, he finished most side quests, but second reviewer did more so he finished game after few hours more. So in aproximately 30 hours. That means that people who like to explore world and do every possible quest will probably finish game in something like 32-35 (that's only my prediction). And don't forget that the game is very non-linear and according to review absolutely worthy to be finished at least twice (Act 2 looks really different according to choices made in 1st)

In two days they'll be a live Chat with the Developers on the Gamestop Facebook Page at 01:00 pm PST.I think it's worth mentioning the confusion there, perhaps they can clear things up.

Don't you remember them saying TW2 was going to be shorter than the first one a way long time ago?

Aver

Forum veteran
Kodaemon said:
Yeah, but then later they said it wound up the same or longer.
Well, last thing I heard (probably during GoG Q&A stream) was that Witcher 2 will be shorter.

I'm from Czech Republic, and today, there was published an interview with Tomasz Gop, where they asked him about about lenght of story. He respond that only the main storyline takes 40 hours to complete, so there's nothing to worry about...There's a link to this interview, if you want a proof... It's a third question, you can translate it with googlehttp://www.eurogamer.cz/articles/rozhovor-s-tvurcem-zaklinace-2You can argue that he's lying, but there's a difference if you say something like that a few months before the release or if you say this not a whole week before. I don't think they are that stupid in CDP Red...

And again it is confirmed every single person sees what he wants to see. The reviewer said he skipped time consuming quests, which is silly. It's impossible to know how big a portion of the game he actually played if the other reviewer (and they played the game simultaneously) did "explore the world a tad more" and ended up playing a couple hours more (and he, too, didn't play it all). It is clear as day they skipped most of the optional content simply because a) they weren't playing at home, b) they were time-constrained - the article has to be ready for print days before the mag's release. They can say all they want, but the truth of the matter is that if you want to immerse yourself in the world than it will take you much longer to complete. If you talk to everyone, read everything, experiment - don't worry. There are different factors, too. Difficulty setting. Saving / Loading ("I could have done it better -> load"). *REPLAYABILITY* (an entire act (or rather a version of it) is unavailable in a single playthrough). The "harsh" reviewer is hardly a hardcore RPG fan (which is blatantly obvious given his ME2 bias - which, by the way, was a *great* game in it's own right, albeit far from perfect) and things like this always affect the speed at which you complete a game. Upon reading the review (if you're blessed with the knowledge of the Polish language or trust one of the translations floating around) it becomes crystal clear that the reviewers did not tinker with the game and did not explore many of it's key mechanics and focused on playing the game "ASAP" - the things they concentrate on in the article are things obvious to anyone who played the game for a couple hours - general feel, graphics, sounds, music, combat mechanics, skill tree format, dialog system - and all of these on a very basic level, as if they were moving within the outer layer of the game. It felt like rather than dive deep inside they only rinsed their toes - which is to be expected given the little amount of time on their hands. If I'm wrong then they did a very poor job of expressing their opinions on the matter at hand - and I'm sure they did the best they could.

Halldrin said:
I'm from Czech Republic, and today, there was published an interview with Tomasz Gop, where they asked him about about lenght of story. He respond that only the main storyline takes 40 hours to complete, so there's nothing to worry about...There's a link to this interview, if you want a proof... It's a third question, you can translate it with googlehttp://www.eurogamer.cz/articles/rozhovor-s-tvurcem-zaklinace-2You can argue that he's lying, but there's a difference if you say something like that a few months before the release or if you say this not a whole week before. I don't think they are that stupid in CDP Red...
We don't need proof, we all know what he said.

I still think that maybe they rush the playthrough a little, last time something like this happen was a guy from a mag saying that DA 2 was 12 hours long and it took me 56 hours so I doubt that TW 2 will be less then 40 hours, well at least I hope so.

Mihura said:
I still think that maybe they rush the playthrough a little, last time something like this happen was a guy from a mag saying that DA 2 was 12 hours long and it took me 56 hours so I doubt that TW 2 will be less then 40 hours, well at least I hope so.
I agree with you, there is no way he could have done most of the quests in 24 hours, maybe he missed some of the dialogue options so he could not do some quests.

Top Bottom