Full Combat Rebalance 2

+
Hiya,

Has anyone had issues with the auto-parry animations not triggering? The function itself is working fine but no animation plays except Geralt's sword showing a spark when the enemy hits. This is from frontal attacks by the way not from behind.

Edit: I think I've found the issue. Because of the change to make it so you exit combat much faster now it seems that sometimes in the middle of a fight the game thinks I've exited combat and that's when the animations don't play. Even when I'm being attacked unless I'm taking damage it's still treated as though I'm out of combat - this is made apparent when using the Dynamic HUD mod where my health flickers on screen as I'm attacked but then immediately disappears.

Last edited:
Hello,
Mod version 1.2 is finished and about to be released. I'm sorry it took so long, I had to take a break from The Witcher 2 after spending so much time with the game.
Version 1.2 fixes all (I hope) the bugs that were reported by you in mod's documentation and everything I noticed on forums (not much, since I rarely visit them).
It also introduces level scaling for increased late-game challenge, customizable from xml file - easy to mod.
With next release I'll stop supporting FCR2, I want to finally move on from The Witcher 2.

I'll post a proper changelog later.
There's are no changes made to localization files but if you want me to include additional languages to mod's installer, please upload them somewhere and post info here with author's name or nickname.

what happened to the update Flash?? are you going to upload it before Christmas?? lol..

It's been 2 months. Seems like a bad joke at this point. If he's busy he could at least make one post "Sorry guys, but delayed until I have free time"

Flash does indeed work for CD Projekt RED . No he hasn`t posted in quite a while but that doesn`t mean he`s forgotten about the mod either . I can only imagine the countless thousands of hours he has spent working with REDkit both at work and in his free time as well . So i`m with giving him some extra time . For myself it would be similar to playing Witcher 2 for 8 hours a day every day for two plus years .

Guys, right now mod is in the same shape as last time I posted - features are done but I can't bring myself to play The Witcher 2 anymore. I can release it without testing, finally with source files and leave fixes and further modifications to the Community. If that doesn't bother you I can do it next week.

Sorry again, I'm just really tired of anything related with TW2

Hi. I think it is a good idea.

It's no sense to torture you with further working with this mod. I think that each of previous relases were better and better so there shouldn't be big errors in the 1.2 version (but if some would be, community would correct it fast).

You made a great job with FCR2 and form me 1.1 was almost complete version. If previous bugs are fixed it could be the final version.

Also I think all of us are thankful to you for yourjob and time you spent with Witcher 2 and this mod.

Last edited:
Guys, right now mod is in the same shape as last time I posted - features are done but I can't bring myself to play The Witcher 2 anymore. I can release it without testing, finally with source files and leave fixes and further modifications to the Community. If that doesn't bother you I can do it next week.

looking forward to your final update.. thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this.. happy holidays!

Sounds like the best approach. This way, your latest work on the mod isn't in vain and the community gets to tool around with it.

hi guys..i had installed fcr 2 and reaching to the end of act 3 when i realized i still need 4 more sliver ore and none of the merchant are selling them...any idea where to get them?

V1.2 changelog:

CORE CHANGES
• By popular request, made Geralt strafe while walking without the need to lock on target.

ENEMIES
• Fixed elite kingslayers not counterattacking.
• Geralt will bounce off draug's and gargoyle's parry.

BALANCE
• Introduced level scaling in order to provide adequate challenge in mid / late game. Enemies scale their health using simple formula:
health = health * ( 1 + playerLevel * healthMult )
Health multiplier can be easily accessed and edited under name enemy_health_mult_* in geralt_basic.xml file.
• Increased adrenaline generation rate.

ECONOMY
• Added missing meteorite ores in shops.
• Added Grapeshot schematic to Cedric in Flotsam, Isidor in Henselt's camp and Earso in Vergen.
• Added Gadwall recipe to Marcus in Henselt's camp.
• Decreased the number of Naeve Seidhe silver swords available in game.

FIXES
• Fixed negative skill points value after playing a tutorial and wrong skill calculation after using skill respec.
• Fixed dragon fire attacks ignoring Quen.
• Fixed Resonating Crystals not working in The Secrets of Loc Muinne quest.
• Fixed Geralt t-posing after casting Quen in fistfight stance.
• Fixed potion overdose full screen effect appearing on cutscenes and dialogues.
• Fixed issues caused by entering cutscene while casting Quen Sign.
• Fixed Geralt not being immortal during finishers.
• Fixed negative effect of White Raffard's decoction not vanishing with Alchemist skill.
• Fixed Deireadh sword not showing correct damage.
• Fixed Thunderbolt potion recipe.
• Fixed Draug Armor and Kingslayer Armor schematics.
• Fixed Wolf potion and Ysgith rune instakill chances (was 0.02%).
• Fixed Summer and Winter DLC skills not being added to Geralt.
• Fixed Roche Commando Jacket item name.

OTHER
• Installer deletes Arena files from previous mod versions. Old files were creating confusion while activating the mod with User Content Manager.

Last edited:
FINALLY :D err when will this update be available though ?
Yay grapeshot formula is back ~ with 50-80 dmg I can destroy any boss :D by spamming those

Last edited:
FINALLY :D err when will this update be available though ?
Yay grapeshot formula is back ~ with 50-80 dmg I can destroy any boss :D by spamming those
Is that really funny to make game easier? AFAIK mod was created to make it more difficult and realistic.
Btw, I can't find translation for grapeshot. WTF is it?

Top Bottom