Full Combat Rebalance Mod for The Witcher 2 is out!

+
Full Combat Rebalance Mod for The Witcher 2 is out!

If the latest excitement about The Witcher 3 has you itching to go back and play through The Witcher 2 all over again, we have some great news for you. Andrzej Kwiatkowski, Gameplay Designer at CD Projekt RED (formerly known among the modding community as Flash) has just released his newest creation – Full Combat Rebalance for The Witcher 2! The modification brings a lot of changes to the combat system as well as addresses some general bugs. According to Flash, his main goal was to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility. You can download the mod from here and read the full change log here.​

Unfortunately it seems that the mod breaks the tutorial. Due to the changes to parry you are unable to make it past the riposte section of the tutorial.

Ok after downloading and installing/activating the mod (areas) I get the compiling scripts error again. If I deactivate the mod it works,... Any advice how to fix it?

Hey, guys. Unfortunately there's a bug in mod installer. Localization file is installed in wrong directory so you won't get new skill descriptions. To fix this issue, please move en0.w2string file from
\Documents\Witcher 2\UserContent\fcr2_arena\
to
witcher_installation_folder\CookedPC\
before overriding the file make a backup.
Sorry for inconvenience. I'll reupload fixed installer when Redkit website becomes more stable.

Last edited:
Started a new game but can't seem to open my inventory, is this a deliberate choice for the prologue? Or a bug?
Edit: Nevermind, restarted the game and it works now, maybe it has something to do with the file Flash mentioned.

Last edited:
New game with FCR

Having a few issues regarding FCR....
I bought TW2 after seeing footage of Wild Hunt from E3. I heard about this mod and thought it might be a fun experience but I have a few problems.
Firstly in the tutorial arena you are asked to counter an opponent by parrying then attacking when a certain icon appears over their head, with this mod the parry mechanic is replaced with the 'Quen' sign automatically and I am unable to counter with this feature.
Should I just skip the tutorial?
Is there a new way to parry?
Any help would be appreciated

I`m assuming that FCR 2 isn`t made for the tutorial since no listing is given for it . So yes I would skip the tutorial and start a new game with a lower difficulty setting until you get used to the features and especially combat .

Game breaking bug:
After using bombs geralt animation freezes and you are stuck.

Also even with the fix flash mentioned there is still a error in the skill tree in the alchemy part, 3 nodes have the same description.

Top Bottom