Full Combat Rebalance night vision in crypts

+
Full Combat Rebalance night vision in crypts

Played through Witcher with both vanilla and FCR, really enjoy what FCR brings.

However, whenever in crypts it is too dark. The night vision cat effect does not kick in and the cat potion is not as useful as it was in vanilla (basically De Vries' Extract). What is odd is that the effect works in the Kaer Morhen laboratory, the Bruxa crypt near Murky Waters and the Striga crypt but not the other.

Has anyone got a solution or work around for this? I have searched the internet but most problems seem to comment on the fish eye effect, which I have already turned off.

What you get is the way FCR is meant to work; the night vision you get is the effect and the level you are meant to get. So if it's not enough to let you see in dark places on your setup, you may have to resort to turning up the gamma.

(As of FCR 1.5 (and later), night vision is an inherent ability, and Cat does what De Vries' Extract does. So you have at least that version.)

Thanks for the reply.

"What you get is the way FCR is meant to work; the night vision you get is the effect and the level you are meant to get."

However in most crypts it is too dark to see anything, pitch black. All that can be seen is the outlines of the rooms in the distance. If this is how it is meant to be how come it is not the same in the crypts I mentioned above.

Top Bottom