Full Respec

+
I see that there is a way to respec your perks, but is there anything that can respec your attributes? I've been trying to figure this out after I made some less than great choices.

I would also like to know...I wasn't worried about where I put early attribute points, I assumed there would be a reset feature towards end game. Now I probably won't be able make my preferred build.

There is no way to reset your attributes, and CDPR made a point of announcing this even prior to the game's release. It's a feature I always hate in every game that does it because no one can be expected to know the best way to spend their points until they've played the game for a while. I can't understand why any developer would think this somehow makes their game better.

Really need that respec myself because currently my V is a complete mess.

Ya, played through the game, almost done all the side quests now.
Want to try different builds, but at the same time not really ready to start over and play through the same story I just went through, would like a way to re-spec without starting over.
Will be fun once I've had a break off the game and come back to it, maybe next dlc, but kind of getting boring now that I'm stuck in a build with little left to do.
Only 50hrs in.....

i hate this so much! it breaks the game for me, cant do anything about it now {T_T} either they add it to the respec token or add a specific resec token for attributes, (i dont see why they do this)

i hope that too (im stuck i cant craft cuz ppl told me not to..this translated to me to not put any! points in crafting and i quote: you're save file might get corrupted)

sooo.....im royaly pissed of now.

It's a (cheap) way to make the game that has zero replayability have some replayability, all while saving money by simply not putting a feature in.

Now instead of playing the same game as a smart netrunner, you can play the same game with the same endings as a brute, or a solo.

That said, I'm not as upset about this feature as some of the other missing ones, since as it was said previously, they actually kept their promise on not having this feature.

Which in a way is ironic. Couldn't be bothered to keep your promises about features that were supposed to be in the game and weren't, but man could you keep a promise about a feature that was never intended to be in the game but the community wanted.

I don't know if it is possible within the game but you can certainly do full respec using mods or trainers or cheat engine.

Resetting your attributes in this game is a bigger problem than it seems because of the way the attribute system is designed.

It's because you gain experience for, and level up, individual skills, up to a maximum level equal to your points in the related attribute. For example, say your reflex attribute is level 12, that means you can level up assault, handguns and blades to a maximum of 12, gaining stat bonuses and perk points along the way. If you were to reset your attribute points, your maximum level in all of these skills would reset to 3 (the minimum), and you would lose any perk points and stat bonuses you gained through levelling up the skills.

That's fine, of course, as long as the player is aware of this when they reset their attributes, but what if you were to start putting points into reflexes again? Would you have to level up the skills again, starting from level 3? I would hope not, but because of all these issues, allowing players to reset their attributes will be complicated.

Resetting your attributes in this game is a bigger problem than it seems because of the way the attribute system is designed.

It's because you gain experience for, and level up, individual skills, up to a maximum level equal to your points in the related attribute. For example, say your reflex attribute is level 12, that means you can level up assault, handguns and blades to a maximum of 12, gaining stat bonuses and perk points along the way. If you were to reset your attribute points, your maximum level in all of these skills would reset to 3 (the minimum), and you would lose any perk points and stat bonuses you gained through levelling up the skills.

That's fine, of course, as long as the player is aware of this when they reset their attributes, but what if you were to start putting points into reflexes again? Would you have to level up the skills again, starting from level 3? I would hope not, but because of all these issues, allowing players to reset their attributes will be complicated.

i totally agree with everything you said,but look at this, these are my stats:see attatched file (keep in mind i am a melee cyberpunk so i need the cold blood perks in cool... but i cant get them because i only have 13 attributes left to gain got 2 left and i need 14 to get to it but i am one short to max it out wich was the whole point of putting my point in there)
also plz look at technical ability (crafting) like why are these flaws in the game? why is crafting a attribute? it has a standalone section in the menue why do they do it like this to have a whole crafting section to not be able to use it if you mess up, i mean i cant build weapons or upgrade existing weapons (why punish players like this?)

Attachments

• this my problem.png
    this my problem.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 170
why is crafting a attribute? it has a standalone section in the menue why do they do it like this to have a whole crafting section to not be able to use it if you mess up
CDPR wanted to market the game for having over 400 perks. There's no other explanation.

i totally agree with everything you said,but look at this, these are my stats:see attatched file (keep in mind i am a melee cyberpunk so i need the cold blood perks in cool... but i cant get them because i only have 13 attributes left to gain got 2 left and i need 14 to get to it but i am one short to max it out wich was the whole point of putting my point in there)
You can get all the important Cold Blood perks with 16 points so if you put all your remaining points in Cool you will be perfectly fine, I'm running a similar build now because I spent more points in body than I would have liked. It sucks but don't worry about being weak since the game is pretty easy anyway.

I am sure there will be a mod for it at Nexus at some point. But the philosophy that you can just retrain without consequences/ regression is sound.

Like I'd totally metagame this if this were a thing like getting tech and or intelligence to 20, crafting all the best items and quickhacks and then respec and dump all those points to more useful things that give you more perks and crit like body, reflexes, and cool.

Is this the new stop for the "I hate cdpr more than any other game studio" train? Cool.

I remember the days when people use to plan out their builds in an rpg. I guess that shit is gone. Dropping perks you dont like makes sense, but changing your attributes? When they govern experience paths of their embedded trees? How do you balance that? When you respec you lose all your exp? Then we get to look forward to a new wave of bitch threads asking why you need to start over from zero experience points earned every time you reset your attributes? "CDPR i was 20 points body and level 20 street brawler, i respec to 20 points reflects, WHY CANT I MOVE MY STREET BRAWLER EXPERIENCE POINTS TO BLADES!?!?"

For future reference:
  • You have 56 stat point, By level 50 you can max out 3 attributes to 20 with 5 points to spare
  • There are very few reasons to max out an attribute to 20 as some of the best perks are at level 18, and very few cyberware requires level 20, decide if you want to use said cyberware before you assign the points.
  • You can see the entire perk tree from the start, every tree has the same level milestones - 3,5,7,9,12,14,16,18,20 with level 20 generally being an infinite perk dump stat.
  • Each tree governs 3 different weapons.
  • You can and probably should divide the attributes into Main Attributes and Support Attributes when youre planning a build.
    • Main Attributes - Body, Reflex, Intelligence
    • Support Attribute - Tech, Cool
    • Unless you have planned it out well, it is probably a BAD IDEA of choose more than 1 Main attribute to max out to 20.
    • This is just a suggestion done for point efficiency
Anyway, resume the hate train, cant wait to see the next stop.

Last edited:
There is no way to reset your attributes, and CDPR made a point of announcing this even prior to the game's release. It's a feature I always hate in every game that does it because no one can be expected to know the best way to spend their points until they've played the game for a while. I can't understand why any developer would think this somehow makes their game better.

Really need that respec myself because currently my V is a complete mess.

Then start over. Being able to respec attributes literally kills any and all replay value the game has.

Guest 4478408

if you could respec attribute checks would become meaningless.

I remember the days when people use to plan out their builds in an rpg. I guess that shit is gone.
How are you supposed to do that when you haven't played the game yet?
Then start over. Being able to respec attributes literally kills any and all replay value the game has.
Yeah sure let me just drop my 100-hour playthrough because of a totally unnecessary design choice. This is not a solution.

How are you supposed to do that when you haven't played the game yet?

When you open the game, and make your character, you can literally see What every attributes governs, when you open the character sheet the entire skill tree any time you want. I assume you start the game with an idea of what you want to do first right? Am i to believe you have no idea at all what weapon you want to use before you create your character? If youre going to stealth? If youre going to craft? Nothing?

The way youre talking, you need to share your build and explain why exactly its completely untenable after 100 hours that you need an attribute respec, do you just not like the playstyle anymore?

Top Bottom