Full screen glitch

+
This is the steam Enhanced Edition of Witcher 2. First time playing it. No mods at all. Using high, or ultra, or in-between settings. PC is alienware 17 r5 laptop with i7-8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ram, samsung evo ssd, windows 10 home. When running game in full screen mode I get this glitch:

Running in windowed mode at 1920 x 1080 does not produce the glitch, however the windows taskbar is at the bottom of the screen to stay forever and ever.

Have latest drivers. Issue not seen in any other game (and I have many I play on this laptop.)

Please advise.

Last edited:
Closing all non-essential background apps might be worth a try. It‘s possible that some other program is interfering.

Went in and extensively pruned all non-vital processes like geforce experience, alienware software, the xbox live background processes that microsoft shoves down our throats, as well as several others. Did a thorough disk cleanup, checked my startup tab for task manager, all that I could find to check. The system is running only steam and witcher 2 and it still is happening. I even disabled the steam in-game overlay.

Last edited:
Disabling G-Sync in nivida control panel did the trick. Thank you, that would never have occurred to me particularly because it's a feature I didn't know I had.

This is from nVidia's website:
G-SYNC's revolutionary performance is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.
The irony!

Top Bottom