Full screen instantly reverts to borderless window after the 1.05 patch

+
Full screen instantly reverts to borderless window after the 1.05 patch

So after the patch I start up the game for the first time today. I go to graphics settings because the game seems to default to borderless window and not remember my settings for some reason. No big deal. Then the game starts and it seems to be skipping. I check graphics and it's back to borderless window?

I change it back to full screen, accept settings. I instantly go back to options to verify and it's already back to borderless window? As soon as I change it, it reverts back. Anyone else have this issue?

Funny, I did have this issue on 1.04 and before. So I have been switching to fullscreen every time I start the game. Then when 1.05 installed for some reason the problem is gone and fullscreen seems to stick now. How odd.

Yeah, full screen seems to be a bit janky in this game. For me it usually messes up when I alt-tab out of the game (IF I can - sometimes the game window just stays there no matter what I do). It does tend to switch back to borderless windowed on its own but it's been an issue for me in all versions so far.

Yeah, full screen seems to be a bit janky in this game. For me it usually messes up when I alt-tab out of the game (IF I can - sometimes the game window just stays there no matter what I do). It does tend to switch back to borderless windowed on its own but it's been an issue for me in all versions so far.

Make sure you have no 3rd party apps running, no overlays running (like try disabling steam overlay or origin overlay, afterburner, fraps, etc...)
Try opening it up as administrator.
Let me know.

can you guys open Documents\The Witcher 3 folder, open the file named user with notepad, go down until you see [Viewport] and check FullScreenMode=2 set like this or if it has a diffrent number. If its diffrent set it to 2. Hope this solves the issue.

the game is broken in this regard since 1.00.

the workaround are "killing all Explorer.exe" process then alt tab back to W3. Or you can fiddle around with 3 other apps, then back to W3.

Make sure you have no 3rd party apps running, no overlays running (like try disabling steam overlay or origin overlay, afterburner, fraps, etc...)
Try opening it up as administrator.
Let me know.

Eh, to be honest if I have to choose between the wonky alt-tab and the lack of overlays, I'd go with the former. I take a lot of screenshots and upload some of them to Steam, it's absolutely a necessity to me. Will experiment a bit when I find the time.

try this: execute the game by doubl clicking the exe/shortcut and wait, don't click anything anywhere until the game starts and access the main menu,

Top Bottom