Fun Alternative Build to Samurai?

+
I’m just about done with my current run, a Sandevistan Cyber Samurai (20 Body + 20 Reflexes + 20 Cool). It was a lot of fun and really showed off the power and survivability I could reach. I imagine the only more invincible build I could create would be 20 Body + 20 Tech + 20 Cool (Health + Armor + Cold Blood).
So now I’m looking to my next V. The one thing I need to know is that the Build can handle (Don’t Fear) the Reaper on Very Hard, and if it can face off with MaxTac, even better. My personal wish would be 20 Intelligence + 20 Tech + 20 Cool, but the survivability of that seems questionable. Another alternative would be 20 Body + 20 Intelligence + 20 Tech, giving up on Cool beyond 7 but there it is. I know I want strong hacking, or at least to make that a major focus of the build, and having high Tech is also important. I’m obviously all over the place on this. I had previously considered what I consider the ultimate gun slinger (12 Body + 20 Reflexes + 3 Intelligence + 20 Tech + 16 Cool) … but I’m unsure about how I really feel about the fun’ness (new word) of guns.
Either way, I’m trying to do a much different build than what I am currently running and would desperately appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance!

It's only my opinion, but I prefer to focus on perks that I want to unlock rather than the attributes themself. So it mean that I generally never level up attributes to level 20 which let me points to invest somewhere else.
For example, I never had 20 in Tech because I only need the perk to craft legendary items, so level 18 is enough for me. In the same way, even if I played netrunner, 14 or 18 in INT is generally good to unlock perks that I want (14 if I want only > "Plague - Quickhacks that spread can jump to 1/2/3 additional targets and 18 if I want to push a bit more and unlock > "Head Start - Automatically uploads the first daemon in the list at the start of Breach Protocol")

After advices about a specific build, it's hard to give. Because I guess a build that I find really fun/enjoyable could be boring as hell for another player.

(On side note, all the builds can be good enough for "Don't Fear The Reaper". I already managed to complete it quite easily in very hard with builds with "only" 3/4/5 in body which is generally the max I put in BODY anyway^^)

After advices about a specific build, it's hard to give. Because I guess a build that I find really fun/enjoyable could be boring as hell for another player.

this ^

after 2k hrs played since launch - i ended up with 2 favorite builds in 1.61 looking for a third as well.

currently playing a so called "Lucy" build (new aged naming since edgerunner made this build popular - played a body/int/cool build way before edgerunner was released. body because monowire was a blundweapon back in the days) and a chameleon build. chameleon because it can go with everything but hacking, depending on my mood.

for me personally 18/18/18/14 builds are the most flexible ones u could go for. like LeKill im avoiding lvl 20 skills because for me the invest isnt just worth it.

according to that my builds look like this:

Monowire Netrunner
18 Int // hacking what else
18 Ref // Monowire
18 Cool // QoL & Coldblood
14 Tech // epic crafting & epic mod crafting breakpoint

"Tabula e-Rasa" - Chameleon
18 Ref // Melee and/or Pistols/Rifles
18 Body // Shotguns and/or Streetbrawler
18 Tech // Legendary Crafting and/or Tech Weapons/Granates
14 Cool // QoL & Coldblood, epic cyberware breakpoint

First build should be clear, second build can be everything (every weapon cls + berserk or sandevista) you like with perkrerolls.

Looking for a 3rd build as well... what isnt that easy cause the chameleon, like i said covers nearly everything but hacking... lately im interessting in niche builds like f.e. a satori build which goes full crit with 16/16/16/20/3 (Body/Ref/Int/Cool/Tech) - but still looking for other niche fun builds, which look weird at first but make sense in the end. (like int for satori, cause of cyberware breakpoints) - so if anyone have some ideas to share which arent covered by the chameleon, would be very welcome. ^^

Last edited:
when it comes to build , like as on rpg mmo , even its seems to have some "effeciency build , go for what you want : most important thing , take build you have fun to play . even on very hard mode , all mission 're build to let the player taking the gameplay he want . player won't be stuck on skill tree / build . on the other side , after picking a build , player at high level , and difficilty level need to be causius/focus on gears/items/weapons/mods
on the early stage , picking the wrong gears , mods don't have any issues but later if you pick the "wrong" mods/weapons/gears .. its not effecience .

Netrunning at high levels means that you don't need a good defence since you can whipe out entire groups of enemies without lifting a finger.
I find it very cool to just drive next to a NCPD mission, sit in my car, netrun everybody to death before they even know what's going on and then just walk in and take the loot. Early game it can be a challenge because of limited ram and low output from quick hacks but it quickly gets better and stronger.
For me a propper netrunner build would focus mostly on Intelligence (obviously), Cool (for stealth and poison perks) and reflexes (pistols as back up and for stealth) and the remaining points into Tech for a little bit of extra armor and crafting but there's absolutely no need to bump crafting all the way up to legendary since you really wouldn't need it. In one of my netrunner builds I only had rare crafting and I still felt like overpowered at the end.

A few reasons for high Technical Ability and Crafting for me: I really want Johnny’s outfit fully upgraded, especially the jacket. It honestly offends me you don’t get the jacket at Legendary+ status immediately. I mean, it is THE Iconic Jacket of the whole game, but only someone with max crafting can fully appreciate it?? It’s also nice to be able to fill up the Stash display as that’s something you can’t do otherwise. And lastly, I always want at least one of the “door opening” stats maxed out, be that Body or Tech. I did Body on this latest run, so Tech seems natural for the next.
Post automatically merged:

Netrunning at high levels means that you don't need a good defence since you can whipe out entire groups of enemies without lifting a finger.
I find it very cool to just drive next to a NCPD mission, sit in my car, netrun everybody to death before they even know what's going on and then just walk in and take the loot. Early game it can be a challenge because of limited ram and low output from quick hacks but it quickly gets better and stronger.
The one regret I have is that I won’t be able to completely wipe out a full scale Max Tac series of encounters with Netrunning. Even with the Tetratronic Rippler and maxed out stats, the enemies come in to quick and in multiple waves. I’m unsure if a Body + Intelligence + Cool Build could do it. I strongly suspect a pure Reflexes gunner build (Rifles & Handguns) couldn’t do it. The Cyber Samurai and Brawler can because of their natural durability plus attribute synergy for the best Cyberware available, not to mention that they don’t crave cover as much as Netrunner or Gunslinger type builds do.
Edit: All my commentary relates to Very Hard, I have no idea how things feel on lower difficulties.

Last edited:
to be able to fill up the Stash display as that’s something you can’t do otherwise.

this bothers me the most... the two legendary crafting specs... while nearly all other drops are rare and crafting specs are epic. without these two legendary specs i would dare to get higher than 12 tech at all on any build. but since my "collecters mind" couldnt stand 2 holes on that wall... im also finding myself with 18 tech on nearly every build - although it can be claimed "waste" on most of them : /

I’ve strongly considered another Solo Build with Tech in place of Cool (Body 20, Reflexes 20, Intelligence 3, Tech 18, Cool 10) but I just don’t know. I need to compare Johnny’s full outfit plus whatever the best Legendary Katana is against the baseline. I’m sure the Cold Blood bonuses at peak will win out, but if the baseline heavily favors tech I can be won over.

this bothers me the most... the two legendary crafting specs... while nearly all other drops are rare and crafting specs are epic. without these two legendary specs i would dare to get higher than 12 tech at all on any build. but since my "collecters mind" couldnt stand 2 holes on that wall... im also finding myself with 18 tech on nearly every build - although it can be claimed "waste" on most of them : /
In relation to being a Collector … that also ties in to my own need as a completionist, with the one con being that (obviously) it must be fun. I suspect being an absolute completionist could be done with the majority of points spent in Body and Tech (opening up hard to reach places) and Intelligence for Hacking, with maybe 10 or 12 (16?) in Cool. I don’t seem to recall Reflexes really being even minorly (new word) important for even minutiae in plot at any point. It’s an amazing attribute for combat and Cyberware requirements, but not so much in a non combat way. I’m curious where I’d split Intelligence and Cool, since while I feel it’s somehow necessary to go all the way for Bartmoss Legacy if I’m investing at all, I really don’t want to devote less than 16 points to Cool for both fun and convos.

Last edited:
I’ve strongly considered another Solo Build with Tech in place of Cool (Body 20, Reflexes 20, Intelligence 3, Tech 18, Cool 10) but I just don’t know. I need to compare Johnny’s full outfit plus whatever the best Legendary Katana is against the baseline. I’m sure the Cold Blood bonuses at peak will win out, but if the baseline heavily favors tech I can be won over.

In relation to being a Collector … that also ties in to my own need as a completionist, with the one con being that (obviously) it must be fun. I suspect being an absolute completionist could be done with the majority of points spent in Body and Tech (opening up hard to reach places) and Intelligence for Hacking, with maybe 10 or 12 (16?) in Cool. I don’t seem to recall Reflexes really being even minorly (new word) important for even minutiae in plot at any point. It’s an amazing attribute for combat and Cyberware requirements, but not so much in a non combat way. I’m curious where I’d split Intelligence and Cool, since while I feel it’s somehow necessary to go all the way for Bartmoss Legacy if I’m investing at all, I really don’t want to devote less than 16 points to Cool for both fun and convos.

i would highly recommend to go at least with 12/14 cool on a solo build (dropping body or reflex to 18) - Ghost (increased detection time), From the Shadow (crit bonus on battle start), Frozen Precision (headshot bonus) perks & cyberware like Inductor (Armor increase on shock/EMP) or even Heat Converter (dmg buff by burn effect) and Metabolic Editor (Poison status regenerate health) are superior and a shame not to have. i would take all these over a specific Berserk-OS (20 Body) or Legendary Synaptic Accelerator (20 Reflex).

That beeing said a 20/18/18/12 or even better 18/18/18/14 build covers *way more* usefull perks & cyberware than 20/20/18/10 does - just my 2 cents... leaving Fingers Cyberware out of mind wouldnt be wise - since they are really awesome. (personally the epic ones (poison, burn, emp converter) even more than his legendary ones (resistence/dmg decrease). People often plan attributes mainly focused on perk-breakpoints while cyberware-breakpoints should be considered as well with a higher priority in general.

But thats just my personal view on attributes/build planning. :)

Last edited:
No I agree, planning my builds around what Cyberware I can use is vital. By example: I consider Synaptic Accelerator a must have piece of Cyberware and when I initially somehow thought I needed a minimum of 14 Reflexes to equip even the lowest tier, I almost chucked my current Netrunner build. It was such a relief to realize the requirement was only for the Rare and higher tiers. I can absolutely still work with Uncommon.

since while I feel it’s somehow necessary to go all the way for Bartmoss Legacy if I’m investing at all,.

actually you dont need Bartmoss Legacy at all... my Lucy Monowire Netrunner Build only has 18 Int and still a full legendary QH set drawn out of access points. So its not requiered to go 20 Int just for the QH-crafting skill. If you wanna go 20 Int than more likely for perks like Buffer Optimization, Compression and/or RAM Optimization - QoL perks so to speak. If you consider 20 int just for Bartmoss better think twice if its really worth it in your opinion or if you wanna put these 2 points in another attriubte instead :)

Last edited:
my Lucy Monowire Netrunner Build only has 18 Int and still a full legendary QH set drawn out of access points. So its not requiered to go 20 Int just for the QH-crafting skill
Agreed 100%
Often times when I play a netrunner, I don't really have to craft anything because the access points are very generous when it comes to giving out free QHs. Also sometimes *gasp* I spend a little money to simply buy a QH or two because at the end of the day, the money really isn't an issue.

Agreed 100%
Often times when I play a netrunner, I don't really have to craft anything because the access points are very generous when it comes to giving out free QHs. Also sometimes *gasp* I spend a little money to simply buy a QH or two because at the end of the day, the money really isn't an issue.
True enough but you can’t purchase Legendary Quickhacks and I don’t even know if Legendary Quickhacks are available to 3 Intelligence Builds.
Edit: I guess I should say not for Netrunner builds but for something like a gunner build.

They can be drawn around 8-10 Int and a certain base lvl (30+) ^^
While datamine virtuose perk (int 12) helps a lot. which leaves 20/20/16 for other attributes.

ediit: maybe im going to try a fun-solo build like this:

20/18/16/14
Ref/Tech/Int/Cool

Which can swap between a 9sec cooldown sandevista and a legendary quickhack deck back and forth.
The mix of possible highend-cyberware makes it look interessting.... maybe worth a try :p

Immune System:
(14 Cool) Metabolic Editor: poison regenerate health
(12 Cool) Inductor: Shock & EMP increases 50% dmg

Frontal Cortex:
(18 Ref) Heal on Kill: enemy kill restores 10% health
(16 Int) Visual Cortex Support: Crit dmg +30%
(14 Int) Limbic System Enhance: Crit Chance +7%

Nervous System
(20 Ref) Synaptic Accelerator: Slows time 50% for 4 sec
(18 Ref) Kernezikov: Slows time 90% for 3.5 sec

Circulatory System
(16 Tech) Mircogenerator: HP < 15% deals 50% dmg of targets HP
(15 Tech) Feedback Circuit: restores 10% health if charge weapons hit an enemy

Skeleton
(---) Synaptic signal optimzer:: health +20%
(---) Bionic Joints: Weapon recoil -12%

Integumentary System
(14 Cool) Heat Converter: Burn increase dmg by 10%
(---) Subdermal Armor: armor +300
(---) Optical Camo: Invisibilty for 15 secs

Last edited:
I like to play the game as a normal person with a gun. Rolling up in a banged-up galena to a potential combat situation with my cargo pants and arasaka body armor. And my main guns are a shotgun without a stock and a pistol (all non-"tech" weapons), because these guns feel too much like fantasy weapons.

Because i feel the AI in cyberpunk was already great before 2.0. During "normal" gunbattles, they would hold angles instead of mindlessly rushing to get you (unless it was a melee npc). And if you play on very hard to have to use cover.

Top Bottom