Fun deck ideas

+
hi all! i am a month and a half old gwent player and i've been doing alot of fun experimental decks, i am missing some cards so it is limiting me a little bit, but overall i am still having tons of fun with my decks.

here is my Reverse Ethereal deck where i make my opponent spawn ethereal and move their units to its row :D alot of movement and row punish for a bit of synergy (it has a bad winrate of 6-13 win to lose in unranked) but it is so fun to use when it works

i have also decks that have:

- a similar deck to this one only i use Vivienne: Oriolle to either destroy their artifact or swap them viviene + imperial golem + tibor for 22 points in 2 turns : and a Battle Preparation + a Vlodimir i swap them battle prep and bait them to boost up their strong units and put down vlodimir haha

- Ketullis, Matta, defender, Cave troll, minimal units 13/25, all alot of specials boosts, reset, etc to maintain the ketullis ability

- a Regis guerilla tactics deck with lots of movement (Aard, Ciaran, Malena, etc.) flexible damage like (Toruviel, Dol Blathana Bowman, etc) and mahakam horn which sometimes people forget especially if u play it beside one unit only + Malena, Dryad Matron, or Treant boar :)

hopefully u guys can post your fun / weird non meta decks here too!

Last edited:
While this does look like a fun deck, unless I’m missing something, I don’t think it will ever achieve much consistency. I do applaud its creativity.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that your main combination requires three steps:
1. Move Ethereal to the top of your deck.
2. Give your top deck to your opponent
3. Force your opponent to play their top card.

One thing I have learned the hard way is that combinations requiring multiple cards of little value outside the combination just cannot be consistent. They are very slow, often subject to disruption (although I don’t think yours is since removal of units won’t stop it), and draw dependent. Of course, you can reduce draw dependence by having multiple ways to execute the combination, but then you fill your deck with relatively useless cards.

I wish I had suggestions that could improve your win rate because I would like to see more original decks. Unfortunately, with the combinations required, I doubt I can improve on what you already have.

I've been working on a hyperthin rowdy dwarf deck where you use decoy on zoltan. The deck is very consistent at having one card left in deck in round 3, but it's still not very good. It's a lot of fun and the memes are good enough for me xD

I'm gonna try a machine gun elf version too xD

Last edited:
Been thinking about NR, Marlene de Treastamara + Defender. And you are free to do anything you like on your side of the board. Commit leader round 1 to secure last say. Enjoy immunity in the later half of the game, playing engines.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Been thinking about NR, Marlene de Treastamara + Defender. And you are free to do anything you like on your side of the board. Commit leader round 1 to secure last say. Enjoy immunity in the later half of the game, playing engines.

I dont see how this gives you immunity... A Veiled Defender can still be moved, purified, damaged to death or fall victim to Vincent VM/ Yen's Invo.

ty, nice suggestions and comments! i was thinking of the interaction between Alchemist + Living Armor or Olgierd immortal for a nice fun deck! if it works, i dont have Living Armor or Olgierd immortal so i cannot test it out

DRK3

Forum veteran
ty, nice suggestions and comments! i was thinking of the interaction between Alchemist + Living Armor or Olgierd immortal for a nice fun deck! if it works, i dont have Living Armor or Olgierd immortal so i cannot test it out

It definitely works, its one of the most famous NG meme decks.
Best leader is probably Strategic Withdrawal on Alchemist, also the cow dude is really great for this deck (sorry, can never remember his name even though i've used him hundreds of times)
But be prepared to fail many times, as opponents will kill the cows or Living Armour before you can start using Alchemists.

Top Bottom