Fun meme decks for casual?

+
Fun meme decks for casual?

Hello Gwent Community,

I have decided to stick to casual until the season ends and was looking for fun decks for casual. It doesn't have to be a full on RNG Uma/Shupe/Avallach: Sage deck, just what you enjoy playing.

Personally I have been having alot of fun with my Bloody Baron Henselt deck.

Feel free to share your fun decks. Just links to decks from Gwentdb are fine too, I wanna try out some new things.

Revive the graveyard. Run Queensguard Skellige!

Make sure to run all the cards which strentghten, duplicate or otherwise enhance them

Not very good, but fun, and sometimes sometimes you actually take the win ;-)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I personally think any deck with Gaunter or Saskia Dragonfire have way less chances of success than Uma, Shupe or Avallach Sage.

In fact, i even use Uma's Curse on several of my 'serious decks' that i use on Ranked.

I built a wild hunt deck with boats and archespores
Without hounds and drowners. :)

Ghinko

Forum regular
Nilfgaard

Trying to play your opponent's deck. I especially like the this one :)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/39508-kleptomania

Monster

Mainly playing high value units and eating them:
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/40357-strong-meat

Scoia'tael

Buffing your oppent and stealing the points in the end. (Doesn't work most of the time ^^' )
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/40355-blood-elf based on: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/38329-regis-dudu

Spamming Pyrotechnician:
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/35996-bomber-dwarf

DRK3

Forum veteran
Want a fun deck? Try doing a Neutral deck. Think it's easy? Allow me to remind you there are NO Neutral bronze units in the game.

Rules: you can use any Faction or Leader you want, but ALL Units and Specials must be Neutral.

Well, now it's much easier thanks to the Peasant Militia, which kinda works like bronze neutral units, but before it was ridiculous, although quite fun.

Operator/SummoningCircle/Muzzle with Elven Marksman, Nivellen, Aard and Zoltan. Round 3 combos are beautiful, providing you've got a solid way to take round 1 or round 2.

https://i.imgur.com/4M7Fv4z.png

https://i.imgur.com/QvRsoWz.png

For the record I lost the first game by 7 points but won the second.

Currently I'm testing with things like White Frost and Pit Trap, although deck thinning is a little more awkward.

DRK3;n10176062 said:
Want a fun deck? Try doing a Neutral deck. Think it's easy? Allow me to remind you there are NO Neutral bronze units in the game.

Rules: you can use any Faction or Leader you want, but ALL Units and Specials must be Neutral.

Well, now it's much easier thanks to the Peasant Militia, which kinda works like bronze neutral units, but before it was ridiculous, although quite fun.

This is indeed a fun deck to play!

And now we also have Doppler among neutral bronze cards.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Sunsibar;n10181142 said:
And now we also have Doppler among neutral bronze cards.

Which is basically a faction card in disguise. Oh well, I suppose it still counts.

4RM3D;n10181222 said:
Which is basically a faction card in disguise. Oh well, I suppose it still counts.

At least it counted in my deck. It was a neutral bronze when I put it into my deck. What it can create, didn't count anymore. As long as it started as neutral bronze.

DRK3;n10176062 said:

Go one step further and have Usurper only as the leader since he creates a leader that can come from any of the factions.

Sidenote, Usurper is actually really fun in a deck with Cahir. Double playing certain leaders like Foltest or Unseen Elder is not something your opponent will usually expect or play around.

DRK3

Forum veteran
TriforceDragon;n10186392 said:
Go one step further and have Usurper only as the leader since he creates a leader that can come from any of the factions.

Sidenote, Usurper is actually really fun in a deck with Cahir. Double playing certain leaders like Foltest or Unseen Elder is not something your opponent will usually expect or play around.

Can you confirm me how the Usurper works? Im assuming when you use him, you get a choice from 3 random leaders right? But from what you've said, when you use Cahir, does it revive the Leader you chose previously or does it give you 3 other (or same) random choices?

DRK3;n10186462 said:
Can you confirm me how the Usurper works? Im assuming when you use him, you get a choice from 3 random leaders right? But from what you've said, when you use Cahir, does it revive the Leader you chose previously or does it give you 3 other (or same) random choices?

Usurper gives you a choice of 3 random leaders and this can indeed be any leader. He then boosts that leader by 2 and you play it (Usurper himself is 1 power and Spying). Cahir revives the leader Usurper played since as mentioned Usruper is spying and thus not in your graveyard.

Ghinko;n10164262 said:
Nilfgaard

Trying to play your opponent's deck. I especially like the this one :)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/39508-kleptomania

I decided to try this one out and then went even further with it. I created a deck which is based around only playing your opponents cards back at them. I lost every match but had a great time playing. Especially watching my opponent's cursor shoot around the board trying to figure out what the hell I was doing,

Gold : Renew, Blue Dream, Royal Decree, Muzzle
Silver : Johnny, Dudu, Decoy, Dimeritium Bomb, Summoning Circle, Portcullis
Bronze : Slave Hunter x3, Slave Driver x3, Vicovaro Medic x3, First Light x3, Adrenaline x3

I'm wondering if it might be possible to stick together a monsters version now. Monsters does have quite a few ways to steal your opponent's cards too.

I've been goofing around with weather / movement, it doesn't win a lot but it's hella fun, Ragh Nar Roog, Drought, White Frost, Nivellen, Yennerfer: Conjurer, Triss: Butterfly Spell, Geralt: Ard
grab what you can of those, use some regular weather if you don't have them. you can run it as either:
ST (Apocalypse, Then)
  • Dwarven Agitator
  • Dwarven Mercs
  • Elven Saboteurs (save till you have 2-3 pref with Nivelen)
  • Boulders
or with MO (Monster Mash)
  • Bridge Trolls
  • Archespores (replaceable with MO Silvers that move things)
  • Drowners
  • Boulders
Fill in blanks with w/e seem to fit. MO version works better without gold weathers, with Yennefer, ST version works better with gold weathers and Triss. If you play single weathers (or White Frost) play then to third and second rows so you can boulder enemies into the weather.

Fares poorly against Armor, Consume, or Buff Decks, but can absolutely wreck Machines and is not bad against Control

Void_Singer;n10293022 said:
I've been goofing around with weather / movement, it doesn't win a lot but it's hella fun, Ragh Nar Roog, Drought, White Frost, Nivellen, Yennerfer: Conjurer, Triss: Butterfly Spell, Geralt: Ard
grab what you can of those, use some regular weather if you don't have them. you can run it as either:
ST (Apocalypse, Then)
  • Dwarven Agitator
  • Dwarven Mercs
  • Elven Saboteurs (save till you have 2-3 pref with Nivelen)
  • Boulders
or with MO (Monster Mash)
  • Bridge Trolls
  • Archespores (replaceable with MO Silvers that move things)
  • Drowners
  • Boulders
Fill in blanks with w/e seem to fit. MO version works better without gold weathers, with Yennefer, ST version works better with gold weathers and Triss. If you play single weathers (or White Frost) play then to third and second rows so you can boulder enemies into the weather.

Fares poorly against Armor, Consume, or Buff Decks, but can absolutely wreck Machines and is not bad against Control

The scoiat'ael version isn't even a meme, I run an hybrid Francesca weather/movement/mulligan deck which I play occasionally and I'm having a lot of success with it, especially considering that not a lot of decks are good against Gold weather right now (the reason why I play Thunderbolt and not hail in my NG Alchemy deck).

GenLiu;n10293722 said:
The scoiat'ael version isn't even a meme, I run an hybrid Francesca weather/movement/mulligan deck which I play occasionally and I'm having a lot of success with it, especially considering that not a lot of decks are good against Gold weather right now (the reason why I play Thunderbolt and not hail in my NG Alchemy deck).

well I was aiming more for casual fun with that list (forgot to mention Zoltan), something that should be fairly easy to build if you are card poor (like me), the rarer cards outside of Nivellen and :Ard are pretty reusable if you care to craft them... I figure if it's casual you shouldn't have to spend much scraps to make it usable

@4RM3D
will do, would love to make a version that competes in ranked if only to do something different

Karajorma;n10259732 said:
I decided to try this one out and then went even further with it. I created a deck which is based around only playing your opponents cards back at them. I lost every match but had a great time playing. Especially watching my opponent's cursor shoot around the board trying to figure out what the hell I was doing,

Gold : Renew, Blue Dream, Royal Decree, Muzzle
Silver : Johnny, Dudu, Decoy, Dimeritium Bomb, Summoning Circle, Portcullis
Bronze : Slave Hunter x3, Slave Driver x3, Vicovaro Medic x3, First Light x3, Adrenaline x3

I'm wondering if it might be possible to stick together a monsters version now. Monsters does have quite a few ways to steal your opponent's cards too.

This deck is hilarious, and I even won a match with it. Swapped Allvalach: Sage for Royal Decree for extra silliness.

Top Bottom