Funny thought

+
Funny thought

Given that Ciri can travel through space and time, to other worlds and dimensions that means Ciri could have travelled to places like Middle-Earth and Tamriel lol. Thae possibilities are endless. Ciri could technically visit every fantasy realm in existence. If we assume they all co exist at the same time but in different dimensions. We know from the books that she visited our Earth. She could have taken the ring off Frodo. Teleported to Mordor, thrown the ring in and teleported out. Wow! Lol

sv3672

Forum veteran
Ciri apparently also visited the Cyberpunk universe. So, in theory, she could even be a playable character there. ;) Although this is rather unlikely to happen, except maybe with mods.

Well for Ciri to actually have visited somewhere that place needs to have existed. To claim Middle Earth or any fantasy location is a stretch because there is no indication that fantasy worlds exist in that universe.

Traveling through space and time is not the same as traveling to other universes. She can only travel to things that exist in some place and in some time in her universe.

sv3672

Forum veteran
Traveling through space and time is not the same as traveling to other universes. She can only travel to things that exist in some place and in some time in her universe.

I was referring to this bit of dialogue, although it is probably only an easter egg, and one of those that "break the fourth wall":
Cirilla: I fled through many worlds, many times… They came very close to catching me, once. It was then that Avallac'h appeared, out of nowhere.
Cirilla: He found a portal and took us to a world where Eredin couldn't find us for… oh, perhaps half a year.

Geralt choice: What was that world?

Geralt: The world where Eredin couldn't find you, what was it like?
Cirilla: You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
Geralt: Try me.
Cirilla: People there had metal in their heads, waged war from a distance, using things similar to megascopes.
Cirilla: And there were no horses, everyone had their own flying ship instead.
It is an interesting thought that Ciri could have spent half a year in the world of Cyberpunk with Avallac'h (assuming that she was indeed there and not just some similar place), however unlikely it is that they would appear in that game. But CP2077 might very well include a similar easter egg, too.

I took that to mean she visited a future Earth like planet. My comment was more along the lines of LOTR and our other fantasy worlds.

My comment appeared after yours but actually was in response to the OP.

I took that to mean she visited a future Earth like planet. My comment was more along the lines of LOTR and our other fantasy worlds.

My comment appeared after yours but actually was in response to the OP.
I believe you are mistaken. She travels to other dimensions and universes. We know from the books that she travels to our Earth (Medievil England if I'm not mistaken) and as a previous poster noted she may have travelled to the world of cyberpunk. That means it could be assumed that it is possible that she travelled to other fantasy realms as well

I would like to see Ciri in the dimension/world of "Dragon age inquistion". She would be the first real attractive female companion in the team of the inquisitor in my opinion... :evil:

While it probably will not happen, I could imagine some kind of spin-off game about Ciri in that other (future) world she talks about in The Isle of Mists. As she spent half a year there, that is plenty of time even for the story of a full game. Of course, there might need to be an explanation why she cannot use her powers during that time, or only to a limited extent, otherwise she would be over-powered. And it would look somewhat odd that she returns to the world of the Witcher after that and does not tell the story to Geralt; then again, in the conversation quoted above it does not look like Geralt would believe it anyway, and it ends with Ciri saying that "Told you you wouldn't believe me. Ah, we should've stayed there…".

But it could be perfect link for some modders... ;) I remember few Geralt, Triss and Yen mods in Skyrim for example... ;)

I believe you are mistaken. She travels to other dimensions and universes. We know from the books that she travels to our Earth (Medievil England if I'm not mistaken) and as a previous poster noted she may have travelled to the world of cyberpunk. That means it could be assumed that it is possible that she travelled to other fantasy realms as well

Our Earth can easily be in that universe. But Middle Earth is a fictitious place crated by people in our universe. As for Cyberpunk that is pure conjecture. I don't recall anything written where she interacted with a character from that fantasy world or where it said it was the Cyberpunk world.

BTW there are no other universes. At least from a scientific perspective.

Our Earth can easily be in that universe. But Middle Earth is a fictitious place crated by people in our universe. As for Cyberpunk that is pure conjecture. I don't recall anything written where she interacted with a character from that fantasy world or where it said it was the Cyberpunk world.

BTW there are no other universes. At least from a scientific perspective.
With all due respect I feel there is a major flaw in your logic. You said it's possible that Ciri visited Earth because it's a real place whilst middle earth is a fictitious place created by us. But you fail to realise that Ciri and the world of the Witcher is also a fictitious place created by someone from Earth. Your taking fantasy and trying to fit it into realism. If we assume that in the realm of fantasy Ciri exists then we must also assume that Middle Earth also exists in a parallel universe or dimension. Remember we're talking about fantasy realms, not science, for if we were to judge the Witcher universe based on science then nothing would be possible and that world would not exist. Fantasy is exactly that, the opposite of what we know to be real.

Last edited:
I hope you don't think that's an accident. It's BioWare pushing their agenda, and that's that. ;)

Oh, I know... ;) But my taste in virtual women prefers TW3 and not the both for a romance available options in DAI: One scarface and one lady with funny and strange clothes... :evil:
But back to topic: I think that the ability of Ciri to travel between different world will be a perfect backround for a lot of mods or eastereggs in different RPGs... ;)

Top Bottom