Furries and Chrome skin in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Admittedly it was always going to be a long shot to see these options in character customization and while we have seen in at least one trailer an NPC with fully chrome skin has there been any mention in any of the previews of whether chrome skin or even exotic animal parts will be an option to customize our characters with?

Also I really don't know how much we can trust the previews from the games journalists, they keep saying "OMG DOOOODS THERE IS LIEK SO MUCH BODY CUSTOMIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but then they all focus on how you can change your nipple and penis type with no mention of actually being able to select a body type such as skinny, fat, muscular or short or tall, when I hear body customization these are the things that I think of but I am not entirely sure this is what the people writing the previews mean, are we able to change body proportions or do the people who are writing these previews just suck at their job?

Guest 4406876

I figure furries would be extinct in 2077, cyberfurries on the other hand...

Dunno if you can get chrome skin. But furry bits, AKA Exotics have not been readily available since the 4th Corporate War. The tech was too expensive.

By 2077 it may be available to some, but V is likely too poor to get any of that stuff.

we have seen official art for chrome bodys (lizzy) so i assume that that is an option either already in or something the modders will be able to rip and share for our V with little problem.

furrys, furrys i assume to be a difficult problem - thats depending very much a crapload of new moddels an textures, catgirls is here the easy part, but what about bear necessitys or shark people. that is a lot work. with clothing and equipment change, new models for arms, hands evtl. custom weapons needed.

it be cool if i comes be it downstream in an expansion or a mod but i think it be a tough nut to crack - if you want it to look good and not be the only one who has it.

the more options the better, and i absolutly could see me in run 5-6 to be a loan shark or bear of a girl ;)

Dunno if you can get chrome skin. But furry bits, AKA Exotics have not been readily available since the 4th Corporate War. The tech was too expensive.

By 2077 it may be available to some, but V is likely too poor to get any of that stuff.

Except they were something you could do in Cyberpunk 2020. The are a part of lore and more importantly could be gotten in that game. I am totally ok with "Earning" becoming an anthro in fact I prefer it that way as opposed to being able to start out with those mods. This whole game is about post humanism, becoming more or other than human. To say "No, we don't want that" because someone may have a biff with the furry fandom, well you're not the only Joe or Jane playing this game. The best thing is, if you don't want to play in that direction... DONT, but dont exclude it because some people cant let their precious eyes see such a thing, but at the drop of a hat they will go slap on a massive cyber dong because that's their fetish.
Post automatically merged:

I am going to go with I think we will get more customization than the nay say'ers are trying to let on. This is a AAA title. This is a game that is not suffering from a lack of budget, far from it. The more content you give it, the more people it will attract as a whole to play it.

But if anyone is trying to use lore as a reason Exotics wouldn't exist, Im sorry, there were exotics in CP2020. They ARE a part of the game and now we are talking about events half a century later where that tech could only have become more available.

As for RL budget, this is CDPR and GOG we're talking about. They are not in some famine of money after how well they did off of huge titles like The Witcher.

Last edited:
Except they were something you could do in Cyberpunk 2020.

And there was a global corporate war, that culminated in global orbital bombardment that rendered the sky reddish for decades AKA the Time of Red AKA Cyberpunk Red. This caused an economic collapse, which saw international navies to scale down, which ment intenational shipping stopped being safe, which deepened the economic collapse.

In lore, the basic tech is developed, but not in wide production. Hence it's lack of availability. Also, when it was available, it was quite risky to the user. Having a high chance of becoming cancerous. Lack of R&D money and collapse of the potential customer pool, likely made this tech from a niche product, to a waste of time and money for corpos.

Im so glad someone picked up my concerns... yeah we need fox tails, the fox claws or any feline or canine adds... nd the ability to act and walk animalistically... like barking or roaring at people

hell even having my lmg meow when i finishing reloading my gun would be ace.... a meowing ringtone on my in game phone... nails on my hands and feet like that inuyasha... or any lycan for that matter would be cool... A paw steering wheel, or even a engine sound on my car that is just Foxes meowing on loop it would be hilarious.

Admittedly it was always going to be a long shot to see these options in character customization and while we have seen in at least one trailer an NPC with fully chrome skin has there been any mention in any of the previews of whether chrome skin or even exotic animal parts will be an option to customize our characters with?

Also I really don't know how much we can trust the previews from the games journalists, they keep saying "OMG DOOOODS THERE IS LIEK SO MUCH BODY CUSTOMIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but then they all focus on how you can change your nipple and penis type with no mention of actually being able to select a body type such as skinny, fat, muscular or short or tall, when I hear body customization these are the things that I think of but I am not entirely sure this is what the people writing the previews mean, are we able to change body proportions or do the people who are writing these previews just suck at their job?
That the issue... especially when i see reviewer/journalist handle early access to the game ... its a very angry part of my day i swear it like they never gamed a day in their life and company vet these people out because they do not know or and a true interest if their needs will satisfied in the game.

Last edited:

Keive

Forum regular
Seeing that there is a character with chrome skin, it's a possibility.
Now, I don't know much to anything about CP2020 but I do know some from reading others posts, so I came to one possible outcome. I can see exotics being some sort of DLC but maybe not acknowledged by the world?

I mean, since when have furry suits proven useful as flexible combat armor? Also, chrome skin is probably REALLY expensive so it's no wonder that wasn't a priority in customization.

Also, when it was available, it was quite risky to the user. Having a high chance of becoming cancerous.

Only for whole skin changes (10% chances of cancer), not for things like tail, ears and such.
Besides, unless all the boostergangs based on animals have disappeared, it must still ne available.

Last edited:
While I'd absolutely love to see Exotics in CP2077 I also understand that they appeal to a small minority of VERY passionate people. As with anything someone is passionate about they often fail to understand (or ignore) that everyone else isn't.

So yes, add Exotics in a future update, but don't delay/complicate CP2077's initial release by expecting/demanding they be included in it.

While I'd absolutely love to see Exotics in CP2077 I also understand that they appeal to a small minority of VERY passionate people. As with anything someone is passionate about they often fail to understand (or ignore) that everyone else isn't.

So yes, add Exotics in a future update, but don't delay/complicate CP2077's initial release by expecting/demanding they be included in it.

Things is i'm probably not the only one which, everytime they see something not coming from C2020 being added to the game (like youtubers for example), immediately thinks about what is still missing instead and how those (unwanted) adds replace them.

And there was a global corporate war, that culminated in global orbital bombardment that rendered the sky reddish for decades AKA the Time of Red AKA Cyberpunk Red. This caused an economic collapse, which saw international navies to scale down, which ment intenational shipping stopped being safe, which deepened the economic collapse.

In lore, the basic tech is developed, but not in wide production. Hence it's lack of availability. Also, when it was available, it was quite risky to the user. Having a high chance of becoming cancerous. Lack of R&D money and collapse of the potential customer pool, likely made this tech from a niche product, to a waste of time and money for corpos.
Only for whole skin changes (10% chances of cancer), not for things like tail, ears and such.
Besides, unless all the boostergangs based on animals have disappeared, it must still ne available.

Hmmmmmmm
>Game goes gold
>chrome skin discussion
>What about gold skin?
>What about copper skin?
>Platinum skin?
>Bruh, Bismuth skin?
>Diamond skin?
>Iron skin
>Steel skin
>TITANIUM SKIN!

woo.... amazing.

(LOL uranium and plutonium skin?) nah that's probably what the exotic mods were made out of. Just kidding! I hope for the exotic mods too. :)(y)

+ I believe there was in-game ad with alien looking model (likely bio-sculpted), also in World of Cyberpunk book
+ there was an elf eared character in Cyberpunk Red pic "corpo supper," released recently:
The image was before CP2077, so maybe also in CP2077, but the cyberwear is expensive/exclusive to rich people??

Seeing that there is a character with chrome skin, it's a possibility.
Now, I don't know much to anything about CP2020 but I do know some from reading others posts, so I came to one possible outcome. I can see exotics being some sort of DLC but maybe not acknowledged by the world?
It would be cool. :cool:

Top Bottom