Future Game Setting Mode: Added "Realism"

+
One option I'd like to see would be the equivalent of a Fallout New Vegas "Survival Mode."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to have a hunger or thirst factor, it's not that kind of game. But survival mode to me is simply a matter of allowing for more minutia that is not for everyone, but is welcomed by those who want it.

So why not a "realism" mode to include certain things...

For example, I personally think that we should have to meet our fixers in person before we are offered jobs over the phone (even if we knew them from before, we're getting back on the street now and so we're re-establishing our contacts). It's very strange and unnerving to explore Night City and suddenly get gigs from people you've never met in-game. The brief phone introduction angle is pretty weak sauce, in my opinion.

Having the ability to craft new weapons or upgrade them literally everywhere is nuts, so why not restrict it to V's apartment (or workshops at certain stores, maybe)

Let us use public transit (am I missing a trick, or has that been disabled and just turned into another fast travel option)?

What else do you think would add to the "realism" of the game in this respect, again, for those who want it.

Crafting everywhere does seem to undermine the specificity of a location. Maybe some basic crafting can be done anywhere but the higher end items or skills need a location like V's apartment, or at least the boot of V's car. Or make the crafting of items in more locations an upgrade in and of itself.

Traveling via other options, such as mass transit and even air transit should be available. Maybe make 'fast travel' a togglable option for those who prefer the immersion of a journey, much like driving is now. Just having fast travel with no real 'transit' feel seems quite shallow and not give one a feel for the journey (often it's more fun to walk/run or drive so I avoid fast travel in new locations).

Also mass transit could have risks/rewards of itself, as I imagine gangs would inhabit those zones - so they could be upgraded/DLC locations for the future? And you could pay a fair or use your netrunner or other skills to freeload. I imagine hacking an air taxi could be a nice reward for a hard earned skill.

I also would like more encounters and meetings - where it has impact. T-bug is a netrunner so seems best to meet her in cyberspace (like in the Militech training module at the beginning), but others might prefer the in-person touch like Dexter Deshawn.

Crafting everywhere does seem to undermine the specificity of a location. Maybe some basic crafting can be done anywhere but the higher end items or skills need a location like V's apartment, or at least the boot of V's car. Or make the crafting of items in more locations an upgrade in and of itself.

Traveling via other options, such as mass transit and even air transit should be available. Maybe make 'fast travel' a togglable option for those who prefer the immersion of a journey, much like driving is now. Just having fast travel with no real 'transit' feel seems quite shallow and not give one a feel for the journey (often it's more fun to walk/run or drive so I avoid fast travel in new locations).

Also mass transit could have risks/rewards of itself, as I imagine gangs would inhabit those zones - so they could be upgraded/DLC locations for the future? And you could pay a fair or use your netrunner or other skills to freeload. I imagine hacking an air taxi could be a nice reward for a hard earned skill.

I also would like more encounters and meetings - where it has impact. T-bug is a netrunner so seems best to meet her in cyberspace (like in the Militech training module at the beginning), but others might prefer the in-person touch like Dexter Deshawn.

I would have to agree with everything here. Making V's apartment the place to craft instead of just crafting on the run would add so much more immersion, and would give us a valid reason to spend more time there. In addition to being able to craft at v's apartment, it would be really cool to be able to sit on my partners couch "Judy" or sleep in the bed and watch T.V or interact with her more.

A transit system would also be an amazing addition. I found an entrance to the city rail and found myself wishing that i could take a trip and enjoy the scenery. Please think about adding this in future DLC. I do not wish to fast travel ever in this game. As above, gangs could inhabit specific stations breathing more life to the transit system.

A toggle Walk button is very much needed for an even greater sense of realism, having V jog everywhere kind of misses the mark for those of us who don't care how long it takes to get somewhere.

Being able to disable subtitles would be a great addition too, unfortunately when ever text is on a screen one can not help but to read it. Trust me I try and try to ignore it but find myself drifting down and reading :) I would only have the auto translator active if I could.

When going Lizzie's or the Afterlife you should be able to sit at the bar and actually order a drink and drink it there, not just select what you want and then it goes into your inventory. This could be added to specific locations as mentioned. There a so many food stalls in Night City, they don't all have to be interactive as mentioned before but it would be nice to have a few.

A keybind to only move V's head when walking/jogging would add more realism too. Being able to look at things and keep walking straight does add realism as another realism centric game has this feature and is wonderful.

When driving or riding your bike having the horn actually do something to the A.I like make them jump out of the way or stop till you pass would be excellent too. At the moment it does nothing.

NCPD should actually give chase when a crime has been committed by V, not just drones. There needs to be more risk for committing a crime against non gang civilians when accidental or not.

Waking up in a hospital or seeing Trauma Team fly off after you have been Flatlined would add more realism to our play experience. Also being able to purchase different tiers of Trauma cards would be a welcomed addition.

Thanks for all your hard work CDPR. Still on my first play through and it looks like it will be a few hundred hours. I am in no rush to blast through this game, the longer it takes the better. Keep up the hard work <3

photomode_25122020_013420.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom