FXAA, SMAA, DSR or other?

+
FXAA, SMAA, DSR or other?

Which anti-aliasing are you guys using? In-game only, sweetfx SMAA, DSR...?

I found out that DSR looked the best (as it was expected) but the performance for 1440p was big enough to me that I chose to use sweetfx FXAA and use lumasharpen to counter it. It actually looks great, killed all the aliasing, but the game still looks a little blurry, even with an good amount of sharpen. It looks great, but it looks as if there was a bit of filmgrain on the screen, and the edges are a little blurry, but the textures sharpened. Does anyone have a killer sweetfx setting to use FXAA and sharpen trying to conciliate both things?

Or, does anyone have a better anti-aliasing alternative? Frankly, in-game anti-aliasing sucks badly.

Keep in mind the MipMapBias=-1 value, linked to ultra texture. That causes A LOT of aliasing

Actually playing the game with 0 MipMapBias. Experiencing a lot of aliasing though. Using FXAA combined with lumasharpen, found out that is the best AA performance/quality wise

Using FXAA forced through Nvidia drivers with the game's sharpening effect at low. Good image quality and better performance than the game's own AA. Don't really need anything fancier @ 110 ppi.

Last edited:
Using the ingame AA.

Tried Reshade/SFX. Lumasharpen looks great (as always) but theres still quite a lot of text in this game and i don't like how Luma distorts the fonts. Sometimes helps to change ini settings. Had no such luck with W3 tho.

DSR looks best of course for 2D AND 3D. But too much of a performance hit even with two 970s in SLI.
Also everytime i use DSR it feels like my inputlag increases, regardless of FPS.

EDIT: One thing that did make a difference was increasing Anisotropic Filtering to 16x via driver. It gets rid of most flickering on textures with frequent color changes. (Like the meshed armor Gerald wears at the start).

Last edited:
Top Bottom