Game Awards 2014 - Most Anticipated Games- Witcher 3 - Fans Choice

+
The Americans are awake now with their hollywood indoctrination marketing.

I am American myself. I did not mean to offend my nation with the picture, and I apologize if I offended anyone in any way :)
But on a more serious note, I really hate to see Arkham Knight win over the Witcher 3. There have been no major improvements in the Batman series after Arkham City. The Batman series' major flaw, which is a dead and lifeless city, has not been improved in any way, shape, or form. They've just added a bat mobile instead of addressing the fundamental issue of empty and lifeless streets.
On the other hand CDPR has taken a huge leap forward with every Witcher, and they have come a long way from humble beginnings. Although Witcher 1 was amazing, We saw a major improvement in graphics and story telling with Witcher 2. The decisions had real consequences in Witcher 2, and they did not just give you the illusion of making a choice like most games do. We are promised that Witcher 3 still is a story driven RPG with decisions that have epic consequences, but this time around we have a huge and beautiful world to explore as well. This is not only a huge leap forward for the Witcher series, but it also is a huge leap forward for gaming. We often see that story and decision making get watered down or turn into illusions for the sake of a huge open world, but CDPR is about to set the bar for the RPG genre with Witcher 3.
Witcher 3 deserves the spot more than Arkham Knight does, but unfortunately many people blindly vote for Arkham Knight just because it's a super-hero game.

I feel like if Batman was real he would vote for The Witcher 3. Not that Arkham Knight is a bad game or anything, but someone who is as brilliant as Batman has to have good taste, right?

Bruce Wayne would agree, hahaha

---------- Updated at 11:10 AM ----------

It's the internet. Of course you can. But why would anybody want to do so?

The real question is: "Why wouldn't you?"

And the answer to your questions is: "Boredom"

Edit:trying to not get SO off-topic is 43% batman and 41% the witcher, making a total of 84 which is hell a lot for 2 games, uncharted has others 9% which makes 93 total

Last edited by a moderator:
And... zap.
We do actually mean it about not bringing nationalistic comments into the forums.
(Even if it may have been tongue-in-cheek)

First I was pretty sad that Pillars of Eternity isn't up to the voting...

But then I remembered that a PC-only hardcore CRPG would never win a popularity contest anyway.

Considering TW3 was like half of the footage of that traler, I would say that probably yes.

I am American myself. I did not mean to offend my nation with the picture, and I apologize if I offended anyone in any way :)
But on a more serious note, I really hate to see Arkham Knight win over the Witcher 3. There have been no major improvements in the Batman series after Arkham City. The Batman series' major flaw, which is a dead and lifeless city, has not been improved in any way, shape, or form. They've just added a bat mobile instead of addressing the fundamental issue of empty and lifeless streets.
On the other hand CDPR has taken a huge leap forward with every Witcher, and they have come a long way from humble beginnings. Although Witcher 1 was amazing, We saw a major improvement in graphics and story telling with Witcher 2. The decisions had real consequences in Witcher 2, and they did not just give you the illusion of making a choice like most games do. We are promised that Witcher 3 still is a story driven RPG with decisions that have epic consequences, but this time around we have a huge and beautiful world to explore as well. This is not only a huge leap forward for the Witcher series, but it also is a huge leap forward for gaming. We often see that story and decision making get watered down or turn into illusions for the sake of a huge open world, but CDPR is about to set the bar for the RPG genre with Witcher 3.
Witcher 3 deserves the spot more than Arkham Knight does, but unfortunately many people blindly vote for Arkham Knight just because it's a super-hero game.

Hey you shoul edit this a little bit, leave out the Merica bit on top. Copy and paste the rest with your next W3 vote on facebook. ;)

Hey you shoul edit this a little bit, leave out the Merica bit on top. Copy and paste the rest with your next W3 vote on facebook. ;)

Or maybe he should work for free for CDPR's marketing... Why paying somebody for posting the same stuff and spreading it if parts of your fanbase adore you so much that they believe literally anything you say without any actual proof and do the marketing job for you?

On a serious note (pun intended), there is nothing wrong looking forward to Batman more than to Witcher. That has nothing do with what game offers more innovation or features or whatever, it's just about how people feel and what they like. It's just a popularity contest about something that doesn't even exist yet. It's pretty funny to be pissed that Batman possibly wins because "Witcher 3 might bring the RPG genre forward". Leave that stuff to the critics to explore once the game is out, really...

Last edited:
Or maybe he should work for free for CDPR's marketing... Why paying somebody for posting the same stuff and spreading it if parts of your fanbase adore you so much that they believe literally anything you say without any actual proof and do the marketing job for you?

On a serious note (pun intended), there is nothing wrong looking forward to Batman more than to Witcher. That has nothing do with what game offers more innovation or features or whatever, it's just about how people feel and what they like. It's just a popularity contest about something that doesn't even exist yet. It's pretty funny to be pissed that Batman possibly wins because "Witcher 3 might bring the RPG genre forward". Leave that stuff to the critics to explore once the game is out, really...

It's called "Most Anticipated" Award, the entire thing is a damn fanboy war, what else did you think? :p

If you don't like what these "awards" really are, then don't meddle in them, hahaha

Top Bottom