Game Awards 2014 - Most Anticipated Games- Witcher 3 - Fans Choice

+
Voted two times (with my 2 facebook accounts) for the game!
If Witcher 3 want to win this, whoever is responsible for the Witcher 3 facebook page should make a news about it there. Neogaf is also a good place (if anybody has a account there), because it's a huge forum and there are many witcher fans (witcher 3 was the most anticipated game there at the beginning of this year http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749864)

I refuse to take part in such pathetic joke awards. After reading the nominees I don't know whether I should laugh or hit my head on the table.

And remember, by participating in or even by watching this award show you just support this braindead charade. You don't make Witcher 3 any better by doing so anyway so I don't see the point...

It's also beyond me why people are proud that Witcher 3 already won X amount of awards. The game isn't even released yet. You don't give out Academy Awards before you haven't even seen the full movie yet, do you? This is just crazy.

Last edited:
It is a good game and one of the few AAA games that haven't been a total disappointment. It's really sad there's no trace of Divinity: Original Sin though.

DAI like most recent BioWare games, suffers from bad writing and hamfisted plot elements. Not to mention bad animations, ugly character models, bad dialogue and MMO style combat. It looks hideous considering its using Frostbite 3.

It's everything I hope Witcher 3 isn't.

DAI like most recent BioWare games, suffers from bad writing and hamfisted plot elements. Not to mention bad animations, ugly character models, bad dialogue and MMO style combat. It looks hideous considering its using Frostbite 3.

It's everything I hope Witcher 3 isn't.

I agree that the story should have been executed better. The dialogue and graphics are by no means bad or hideous and the combat is pretty fun. Have you actually bought and played the game or are you basing your review on BioWare's reputation? I was skeptical too at first but they delivered a decent enough RPG. Not Origins material, but certainly better than Dragon Age II.

It is a good game and one of the few AAA games that haven't been a total disappointment. It's really sad there's no trace of Divinity: Original Sin though.

Ahem, Divinity (Original Sin -> I guess Larian didn't pay them enough for the full name of the game in the nomination...) is nominated for best RPG at least... ;)

No sign of Wasteland 2 in any category is a testament of bad taste though.

Anyway, stupid awards stay stupid.

Last edited:
It's all a big PR circle jerk until the games launch. I hope CDPR scales back on this front. Show the game first, then brag.

Screw 2014, GOTY 2015 is what we're aiming for, right?

:yes

---------- Updated at 04:02 PM ----------

:hmm:

To be honest, winning as many pre-release awards as TW3 has is a double-edged sword. Sure, it builds hype and therefore more potential sales, but it also builds unreasonable expectations, which could end up hurting the game if it isn't the Second Coming of Christ. I'd say letting Batman take this one wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. So, I'm with gregski there.

To be honest, winning as many pre-release awards as TW3 has is a double-edged sword. Sure, it builds hype and therefore more potential sales, but it also builds unreasonable expectations, which could end up hurting the game if it isn't the Second Coming of Christ. I'd say letting Batman take this one wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. So, I'm with gregski there.

>implying witcher it's already overhyped

we will drown batman in his own blood
:rambo:

Yep. I think some of the mixed reactions to the E3 footage were due to these unreasonable expectations (myself included). TW3 I worry is being hyped too much for its (and mine) own good.

Well to be honest, Batman Arkham Knight is going to be the same as the other Batman games, just with a batmobile and a larger world.

It's not like I am saying that it is a bad thing, but at least Witcher 3 is bringing new things to the RPG genre, hopefully a seamless open world with a damn good story with choices that actually affect the game world :p

---------- Updated at 02:56 PM ----------

:yes

---------- Updated at 04:02 PM ----------

:hmm:

The plan is proceeding as expected ...

I dont think we are dealing with too many unreasonable expectations, at least none that are "accidental" or unintended.

Awards that dont really say anything, and extremely bare-bones and lackluster articles by game journalists just talk simple facts and avoid judging anything, the true hype for TW3 in my opinion came from CDPR's words and claims.

This makes the hype a bit more "trustworthy", since the developers should know better what they can or cant do, unlike journalists and gamers, and its simply more transparent, in this specific case of course, not like with Bioware for example who are well known for lying. Sure maybe others are hyping people with the game further, but who hyped those "hypers" in the first place? CDPR, with their statements once again.

Winning more awards and stuff is just continuing what started with them and was caused by them.

So whats reasonable or not lies in how much is CDPR telling the truth, being certain, and simply judging what they can do correctly. I personally think unless there is a major problem going on that we don't know of or there is a late catastrophe, like what happened with TW2, the game will get very close to what CDPR described.

No, I refuse to mindlessly vote for TW3 anymore. If CDPR wants me to anticipate their game they need to keep consumers interest by showing us something new.

If cdpr didn't want to win this, then why would they post it about 3 times on faceboook already. Sure, Batman is going to be the best Batman game yet, but it aint no Witcher 3. TW3 is something really new, while most of Batman has already been there done that before.

If cdpr didn't want to win this, then why would they post it about 3 times on faceboook already. Sure, Batman is going to be the best Batman game yet, but it aint no Witcher 3. TW3 is something really new, while most of Batman has already been there done that before.

When did I say they didn't want to win this? They clearly do, more awards = more positive exposure. The point I'm making is that too much of it can affect the game's reception in a negative way.

Last edited:
When did I say they didn't want to win this? They clearly do, more awards = more positive exposure. The point I'm making is that too much of it can affect the game's reception in a negative way.
Sorry I misunderstood you. I hope there is no reason for it to ever affect TW3 in a negative way.

Top Bottom