Game Awards 2014 - Most Anticipated Games- Witcher 3 - Fans Choice

+
Holy crap, it's on now!

Sorry I misunderstood you. I hope there is no reason for it to ever affect TW3 in a negative way.

There is if they don't deliver on those brief but awesome snippets in the SOD trailer. That's what got the hype train rolling in a major way.

Edit- it's kinda mind boggling an eastern European RPG has reduced an FPS like Evolve to 4%

Last edited:
To be honest, winning as many pre-release awards as TW3 has is a double-edged sword. Sure, it builds hype and therefore more potential sales, but it also builds unreasonable expectations, which could end up hurting the game if it isn't the Second Coming of Christ. I'd say letting Batman take this one wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. So, I'm with gregski there.
I think some people will be disappointed no matter how good it is. There are people who will buy Witcher 3 with the expectation that it's like Skyrim but with a better story and they will be disappointed just because Witcher games aren't as accessible as Skyrim was.

Last edited:
I think some people will be disappointment no matter what just because they will buy it without knowing what to expect and The Witcher games usually aren't very accessible.

No. If it disappoints it is going to be some weakness in game desing, unfinished part of the game, bugs glitches, optimalization, graphics or something like that. Don´t forget there are things like witcher senses, sophisticated introduction for newcomers and so on. If something will be disliked it won´t be case of accessibility. Maybe Geralts persona could be reason along with combat if the game is perfect. These two things were mostly disliked on previous titles.

Well I did say some people. I wasn't referring to the general gaming population.

The hype for Witcher 3 is really bloated right now (lifetime sales for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 increased 33% from 2013 to 2014.) There are a lot of people who are hyped for Witcher 3 whose expectations are basically "it's like Skyrim with a better story" and it's inevitable that some of those people will be disappointed.

Last edited:
Guys and gals, keep voting. At this moment there are 41% of votes for The Witcher 3, 41% for Batman, 10% for Uncharted 4, 4% for Evolve, 4% for Bloodborne.

As much as I hate contests where people are forced to vote through Facebook and Twitter, we shouldn't let Batman win.

This is pretty surprising. On the 26 ONLY ONCE updated that it was 46-32.

Reminds me a bit of the Morrigan-Geralt Witch or Witcher poll in Origin. What was the score with that, anyway? I stopped following at around 37-63.

Although I think these pre-release awards mean next to nothing, it's pretty cool to see CDPR getting so much attention. Just don't f*ck the game up and everything will be fine.:victory:

Wouldn't that be a good opportunitiy to give thanks to the community for this participation with some brandnew gameplay footage? :huh: :look:

This is pretty surprising. On the 26 ONLY ONCE updated that it was 46-32.

Reminds me a bit of the Morrigan-Geralt Witch or Witcher poll in Origin. What was the score with that, anyway? I stopped following at around 37-63.

31% to 69%, hahahahahahahahahaha

---------- Updated at 12:13 PM ----------

And Witcher 3 is now officially in the lead, amazing

[video=youtube;E-MINfVtYik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-MINfVtYik[/video]

Voted for the witcher now with my facebook as well. Who cares about that milked out marvel DC universe anyway. It's all the same to me. American Super Hero comics that branch out to movies, cartoons, games, every single possible thing.

i voted now! i wrote in each spanish forum(Meristation, Elotrolado, 3djuegos.com) for promoting to vote for Witcher 3, you can do in English Forums (PC Gamers, GameSpot, Steam And others...)}

I don't like how CDPR is already piling up awards and bragging about them before the game is even released, They should really keep their heads down and focus on making games otherwise it won't end well.

Also FB and Twitter only. :facepalm:

Top Bottom