Game breaking bug after braindance

+
In the Disasterpiece mission, after the braindance, my save kept the glitchy effects and I can't do nothing to fix it.
I'm playing on steam. Tryed to verify game files; tryed to go back in my apartment and sleep; tryed to die and reload. Nothing could fix it.

The bug it is not present on a new save.

EDIT: I started a new game and it was running fine. After saving Sandra Dorsett, saved and reloaded again, and the bug made itself present.
Now I cannot play at all.

Last edited:
I'm getting this visual bug as well. I played for a couple hours after completing the braindance on Disasterpiece and the BD visual style stuck around afterwards. I thought this visual effect might have been part of the game. I don't want to have to go back to a previous save just to fix this. Is there anything else I can do?

I've tried dying, progressing the time in game, changing graphics settings, completing cop bounties, fast travelling, and quitting the game and coming back. I'm playing on PC/Steam with a i7-9700k and an RTX 3070.

There are plenty of people having this issue. I've posted about it as well. Tested on two different PCs and same issue on both. It's a bug that will be embedded in the save file. Only way to fix it is to go back. Unfortunately I cannot, because like you, I thought it was the aftershock of a BD because of Act 2 circumstances.

Exact same issue with me (PC, RTX 2060). I can provide screenshots, videos, save files, ANYTHING to help get this fixed. I cannot play at all now since it affects all save files now.

CDPR - I'm begging you, please

This bug looks like a malware. It is the most cyberpunk bug I've found.

So, I found a solution to "play the game", not to fix this bug tho.
1 - Backup all files in the save folder ("C:\Users\YOUR USER\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077").
2 - Start up your game then manually delete every save.
3 - Open the save folder then delete all files.
4 - Start a fresh new playthrough. Be sure to save often.
If the bug shows up, DO NOT SAVE. If you have auto save enabled, then manually delete the save with the bug and try again in an older save.

I'm currently playing and finished the first act, so far so good.

People on Reddit claim going through the Never Fade Away mission resolves it. I assume the act of going through another BD and exiting it in FP view knocks the effect off. I'm not too far from that point in the game so will try it later today and report back.

It will resolve you problem. I figured out pretty quickly because I didn't wanted to restart my playthrough. This is a bug that wasn't really tested and fixed. At least, this is a good workaround.

New poster, can't start a topic. I have a disasterpiece bug. I've run the braindance, scanned all the clues, but when I try to exit I hit X and nothing happens. I'm stuck there, can repeat the BP but not exit. If I go back to last save, in the van, I can redo it, watch the BD, collect scans - and X still does not get me out. I'm stuck right there.

I've reported it, just hoping for help. PC.

Guess I'll try Never Fade Away on the off chance. *edit* I can't, I'm stuck there. Grrr.

In the Disasterpiece mission, after the braindance, my save kept the glitchy effects and I can't do nothing to fix it.
I'm playing on steam. Tryed to verify game files; tryed to go back in my apartment and sleep; tryed to die and reload. Nothing could fix it.

The bug it is not present on a new save.

EDIT: I started a new game and it was running fine. After saving Sandra Dorsett, saved and reloaded again, and the bug made itself present.
Now I cannot play at all.
Everytime I start the braindance I just see the room no one is in the video at all. It looks like someone is showing an apartment online. Then when I click to start the editor it shoots me miles above the building that all I see is blackness till I aim down to vaguely see the building and streets. The worst part is I found the building and went there without doing the braindance which was a waste of time because it was empty even though I found the room where the braindance was made. So I couldn't even try to skip the braindance since it doesn't want to work for me. You guys fix one problem and create a whole set of new ones with these patches. It's getting really frustrating playing this game now. I have nothing but problems with all of the braindance missions.

Everytime I start the braindance I just see the room no one is in the video at all. It looks like someone is showing an apartment online. Then when I click to start the editor it shoots me miles above the building that all I see is blackness till I aim down to vaguely see the building and streets. The worst part is I found the building and went there without doing the braindance which was a waste of time because it was empty even though I found the room where the braindance was made. So I couldn't even try to skip the braindance since it doesn't want to work for me. You guys fix one problem and create a whole set of new ones with these patches. It's getting really frustrating playing this game now. I have nothing but problems with all of the braindance missions.

I am having this exact same issue! I've found no way around it. Restarted the mission, cleared my cache, everything! Don't suppose you've found a solution?

Top Bottom