[Game-Breaking Bug] Can't progress through the "Play it Safe" main story quest

+
I'm stuck on the "Play it Safe" main mission right now, I got it to the point where it says "Pursue other leads or wait until Takemura is ready" and I've played all the other available main and side quests I can find, got to level 20 (thinking it was a level requirement issue), used the wait feature to wait for like 2 weeks, called Takemura, and I've just got absolutely nothing. He just won't call me. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Try following the steps in this video, it solved the problem for me.

Last edited:
You can check this Support topic, or its equivalents for other platforms (on the left).
I submitted something and followed those steps already last night before I wrote this post, thank you though!

Gonna see if 1.04 fixes this issue and then I'll let y'all know!

Nope, now I can't launch the game. lol File failed to validate, 7.2 GB download. I'm gonna assume that's the issue with launching the game lol

1.04 seems to have not fixed the issue with the quest, unfortunately, for those of us still experiencing it.

It also looks like there are some other possible related glitches: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/7/2988665684328451730/
I wonder how many quests are affected by whatever is happening

Last edited:
Stuck in wait until takemura ready i am already update game i play 4 or 5 other missions but never called i am at 26 lvl i cant play main story pls fix it,

Same, not able to continue the main story. Did someone found a workaround? I'm not really able to load a save file from before the quest. As I am too far into the game by doing too many side quest and they've all been overwritten be these.

Hope they will prioritise this in next hotfix. Already reported it on Support.

Okay soo for everyone having this problem this is not a bug. The call works as intended its just that the game checks if you are on jig jig street. Soo all you need to do is go to japantown fixer and wait there for a minute. Please tell me if this works for you as well.

Okay soo for everyone having this problem this is not a bug. The call works as intended its just that the game checks if you are on jig jig street. Soo all you need to do is go to japantown fixer and wait there for a minute. Please tell me if this works for you as well.
I waited for 10 minutes, nothing happens. also skipped some hours & days in game as wait time after the waiting.

Thanks, It worked, none of your options helped for me exactly the way it did for you. but i just walked around and retried the 24 hour timer, after some tries he called me instant. Seems like it's randomnly based and maybe I was just very unlucky? But thanks for your help, I wouldn't try spam the timer otherwise.

Last edited:
I've tried everything. Waited dozens of times in menu. Waited hours IRL. restarted app several times. Visited mentioned locations. Even tried sleeping in V's bed. Competed dozens of gigs/sidemissions. Can't get time it to trigger phone call at all. 34 hours playtime.

Last edited:
Ben de bu problemim var ve hala devam ediyor Her şeyi yaptım, asla olmadı lütfen birinin yapmasına izin ver

Top Bottom