[Game-Breaking Bug] Can't progress through the "Play it Safe" main story quest

+
the only thing useful on this thread was making me see that it was a time skip problem. I finally got the quest to progress by sleeping with a joytoy (will actually skip time) and standing there for a minute after till i get the call from Taka.

Oh man... I have just level up 13 levels (level 38 right now) doing secondary missions trying to find new clues about the case... just google it just in case it was a bug...

Now the mission is tagged as "very easy" I will gonna headshot everything even in very hard with my lowest weapon. Shame

Just look at the youtube video if you have the same problem.

Heyo,

so spent yesterday'evening trying to find infos on how to get unstuck. I finally managed to unstuck the quest and if that can help anyone, here's what i did after reading usefull infos on this thread.

* So i was at 20% Race against time and done all main quests lines except of course "Play is safe"
* I completed judy's quest line and was in a romance with her (full acess to flat etc)
* I am level 25 and 48 street rep

Basically i skipped A LOT of time and was everytime checking my Clock (race against time) to see if skipping time will eventually make me reach the infamous 30%.

Here's my exact steps:

- going to my appartement and sleep / skip time / sleep / Skip time no lies at least 15 times.
- decided to go check sunset motel as suggested in this thread
- when i left my appartement, on the street i received a call from Judy (at last something's happening !!) saying she was working on our recording blablabla <3
- I fast travelled to sunset motel, skipped time again 3/4 times (24H) and runned back and forth in front of the motel like a retarded waiting idk what.

=== Here my Race against time is still fking 20%====

- Received a message from Panam speaking about her life and clan
- Received another message from judy sending me a picture of our underwater journey
- AFTER THAT i checked my Race after time and it was FINALLY 30% !

Then as said in this thread, 1/2 min after reaching 30% i received the call to pursue the quest.

Patience guys, hope this will help cos this game is so fcking awesome let's rock it :D

Peace !

Ok to fix this is actually is easy just go to your journal click the quest now you see the quest details to the right and above that thier is a check box you have to click and then you pass 24 hours with it selected.

Have you found out how to fix it?
Post automatically merged:

On the questline "play it safe", on the part where all 3 snipers have been taken out and I am at the Net Runner where I need to disconnect her from the Net. I am standing right next to her and nothing pops up, no prompt, action..nada. Have laoded as far back as possible a few times and redone the quest. Still the same! So i am pretty much stuck
Have you found out a way to fix the glitch?

Have you found out how to fix it?
Post automatically merged:

Have you found out a way to fix the glitch?
I'm stuck at the same part from what I've gathered its part of the stuck in a call glitch. If you have a quest that requires you to call someone if you hit the objective box that says: call x it should force a call that gets rid of the previous stuck call and Takemura will ve able to call you and you should be able to proceed. I unfortunately have no such quests so I get to play through like 10 hours to get back hopefully rhis helps you.

I can't even get the call for the mission to activate, I've done most of the side jobs available and other stuff and nothing yet

On the questline "play it safe", on the part where all 3 snipers have been taken out and I am at the Net Runner where I need to disconnect her from the Net. I am standing right next to her and nothing pops up, no prompt, action..nada. Have laoded as far back as possible a few times and redone the quest. Still the same! So i am pretty much stuck

I made an account on these forums just to reply to this - I have the exact same issue and unfortunately have no saves outside of this area to reload to. Verifying game cache, reloading, etc all do nothing to help. From what I've gathered if you have a quest available that requires you to call somebody try calling them then go back to the netrunner and that may fix it. In my case I have no main or side quests left to do aside from this one so I can't try it myself. Hoping CDPR sees this and patches it in 1.06 as it definitely was not fixed for me in 1.05.

I fixed this by going to sunset motel, its a fast travel point east of night city. I saved, restarted my game, waited 23 hours then 2 hours. I then fast traveled to "mobile camp" (north east) and got the call instantly.

I think the game was stuck on Sunset motel because I did all the Hellman stuff and Takamura was talking to him, and he was also waiting to finish parade things. So both these two might've put Taka in an infinite loop of waiting.

I've spent hours trying the bug fixes and nothing works for me.
I fixed this by going to sunset motel, its a fast travel point east of night city. I saved, restarted my game, waited 23 hours then 2 hours. I then fast traveled to "mobile camp" (north east) and got the call instantly.

I think the game was stuck on Sunset motel because I did all the Hellman stuff and Takamura was talking to him, and he was also waiting to finish parade things. So both these two might've put Taka in an infinite loop of waiting.

Are you on pc or console?

I'm also still experiencing this bug. If I remember correctly, Takemura tried to call while there were two other simultaneous calls occurring--now, Takemura will not call me back and I'm stuck in the "Wait for Takemura's Call" state. Normally I'd just reload to a previous save, but I didn't realize I was bugged until yesterday, so while waiting for Takemura's call, I have finished all the side jobs in a few different districts, completed River's story, Judy's story, and Panam's story. At this point, it doesn't make sense to revert to a previous save and re-do all these jobs.

I think I've tried all the tricks here: wait multiple times in different locations, do jobs where I have to make calls to others and they have to make calls to me, save/load/die, joytoy cutscenes, etc.

Someone recommended I find a save online with the parameters set for this mission after Takemura's call, and manually edit my own save file to move it to the next state--but I'd like to avoid doing that if possible.

Since I am a new user I cannot start a thread so you get this...

Don't remember the quest name but Panam, using a train to block tracks to attack a military convoy.
We are ready, sit at the fire I say I am going to sleep for a bit, Panam talks about the stars, and nothing I do not go to sleep, I cannot say anything, I cannot stand up. Just sits there forever.

Win 10 Pc, bought through GOG.

for me the problem even bigger, takemura not just not calling but the play it safe mission not even showing up.
Completed everything, when captured the guy was the job to call Takemura, called. then was no picture on the call box, after that mission every call had two faces one with caller other with takemura. Did couple of side missions after noticed i have no new main mission decided to try to reach out about this.Tried every trick what i found with sleep, older save game, change time in the game forward 24 hours multiple times nothing helps, no new main mission comes. Hopefully some patch able to resolve this

I've restarted the main quest from the start, brand new game. Install all the latest hotpatches and this quest is still fucking bugged!! 'm done, I want my god damn money back.

I am stuck with a black screen when I jack in after I defeat Oda, please help, this really sucks =(

Hi everybody,
is there really no guaranteed fix for this problem?
I have tried everything suggested in this Tread, i did every Side Quest available to me at this point while waiting for Takemura to call me.
I am now Level 50 with 50 Streed Cred, 75% Respect / 20% Mikoshi / 30% Race Against Time and 100 Hours of playtime.

Still stuck on this.... 65hrs in and have done every side job and gig on the map.

Panam still hasn't texted or called me for her side jobs either. Stuck at 60% / 20% / 20%.

Have honestly tried everything at this point, ready to give up.

Top Bottom